Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Well, it's definitely not light since it was detecting the aliens approaching them even though walls and other barriers that would block light. Radar or sonar are the most likely possibilities.
    it's more than likely motion based since there weren't any animals like dogs or cats on the colony, so it picking up the xenos would make sense since, outside of the marines themselves, there wasn't anything else around there.

but radar or sonar makes sense too.

Astonishing Member

Could be heat - modern stuff can see through walls. Even if you bend IR, that would leave a visible hole, unless the cloak bends IR around it.

I like the Marines weapons better. It depends who loses control and panics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Could be heat - modern stuff can see through walls. Even if you bend IR, that would leave a visible hole, unless the cloak bends IR around it.

I like the Marines weapons better. It depends who loses control and panics.
    It can't be heat as that would show up moving or not, and those trackers didn't spot the xenos in the walls until they moved.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It can't be heat as that would show up moving or not, and those trackers didn't spot the xenos in the walls until they moved.
    also, in AVP, it's shown that xenos don't really give off heat. at least in the same way as normal humans do.

and yes, i know the AVP movies are kind of jank but that's one of the few parts i liked.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Going with the Commandos
    Misread that for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, in AVP, it's shown that xenos don't really give off heat. at least in the same way as normal humans do.

and yes, i know the AVP movies are kind of jank but that's one of the few parts i liked.
    The very first Marine to get nom'd in Aliens said "maybe they don't show up on IR at all" and as she turned away the section of wall she'd been looking at woke up and grabbed her.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard