Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Ares vs. The Warriors Three

    616. Arena. Olympian vs Asgardians.

    1: Ares vs all three at once.

    2: Gauntlet style, no rest in between, Volstag last.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,215

    Default

    Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)

  3. #3
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)
    I just figure his insulation protected him.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  4. #4
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I just figure his insulation protected him.
    Don’tchoo be fat-shaming Volstagg!

    These Asgardians got enough body image issues already without Alaskan Eldritch Abominations crushing their self-confidence.

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Don’tchoo be fat-shaming Volstagg!

    These Asgardians got enough body image issues already without Alaskan Eldritch Abominations crushing their self-confidence.
    I mean he'll just eat the insults, so I'm not sure what you're worried about here. Besides, Volstagg can't read.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)
    He has a couple of other feats here and there past Siege. He marched through some plasma blasters to crush the robots firing them (almost identical to the Kingpin/Doom thing recently) as well as lifted a 50+ ton machine in a different comic.

    Also there is the one hilarious example of him leaping through the air like the Hulk to punch Thor out of the sky. Of course that ended with Thor being unhurt like "k gonna kill you now I guess?" to which Volstagg politely apologized and retreated from. :P

    Total agreement in that these are tiny blips compared to his whole history, but there does seem to be some sort of power creep happening with the guy maybe? At least recently.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he'll just eat the insults, so I'm not sure what you're worried about here. Besides, Volstagg can't read.
    I don't know man, if all the smack talk gets back to him, he could decide that it's twenty seventh lunchtime* in Dreaming R'lyeh. The only way that could be worse for you is if Matter Eater Lad was promised some kind of all you can eat seafood buffet, then the restaurant kicked him out for claiming "he abused the spirit of the term", and now he's just in a mood for it.

    * obviously the middle lunch of his 54 lunches.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He has a couple of other feats here and there past Siege. He marched through some plasma blasters to crush the robots firing them (almost identical to the Kingpin/Doom thing recently) as well as lifted a 50+ ton machine in a different comic.

    Also there is the one hilarious example of him leaping through the air like the Hulk to punch Thor out of the sky. Of course that ended with Thor being unhurt like "k gonna kill you now I guess?" to which Volstagg politely apologized and retreated from. :P

    Total agreement in that these are tiny blips compared to his whole history, but there does seem to be some sort of power creep happening with the guy maybe? At least recently.
    Considering that all up until Siege you got nothing remotely like that... yeeeaaahh.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    1. This is a challenging fight for Ares, because both Fandral and Hogun are skilled and highly-experienced warriors, and all three Warriors have superhuman stats. The average Asgardian can lift 30 tons, and these three are above average. However, Ares is considerably stronger (at least Class 75 and maybe higher) and likely much more skilled in combat since he is a war god. I think that Ares would definitely win, but he will know that he has been in a fight.

    2. One-on-one, Ares readily defeats each warrior.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)
    I feel like even if Siege was taken into account, Ares still outclasses him badly in all the other relevant areas anyway. I'm almost willing to give Volstagg that feat just to throw him a bone so that he can fare just a little bit longer. But the big man will go down sooner rather than later.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Um, WHICH version of Ares? Greek myth? DC? Xena? Saint Seiya?

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    Um, WHICH version of Ares? Greek myth? DC? Xena? Saint Seiya?
    The first post said 616, which I understood as the primary Marvel version.

  13. #13
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,073

    Default

    Does Volstagg still have that hammer that he got? I remember that being a thing during last year.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Does Volstagg still have that hammer that he got? I remember that being a thing during last year.
    No, he doesn't have that hammer anymore. Mangog crushed it.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •