Default Ares vs. The Warriors Three

616. Arena. Olympian vs Asgardians.

1: Ares vs all three at once.

2: Gauntlet style, no rest in between, Volstag last.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Should go to Ares, even if Volstagg seems to have these one off bemusing moments of being written crazily powerful sometimes (or maybe it was just that one time in Siege)
    I just figure his insulation protected him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I just figure his insulation protected him.
    Don’tchoo be fat-shaming Volstagg!

These Asgardians got enough body image issues already without Alaskan Eldritch Abominations crushing their self-confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Don’tchoo be fat-shaming Volstagg!

These Asgardians got enough body image issues already without Alaskan Eldritch Abominations crushing their self-confidence.
    I mean he'll just eat the insults, so I'm not sure what you're worried about here. Besides, Volstagg can't read.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He has a couple of other feats here and there past Siege. He marched through some plasma blasters to crush the robots firing them (almost identical to the Kingpin/Doom thing recently) as well as lifted a 50+ ton machine in a different comic.

Also there is the one hilarious example of him leaping through the air like the Hulk to punch Thor out of the sky. Of course that ended with Thor being unhurt like "k gonna kill you now I guess?" to which Volstagg politely apologized and retreated from. :P

Total agreement in that these are tiny blips compared to his whole history, but there does seem to be some sort of power creep happening with the guy maybe? At least recently.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he'll just eat the insults, so I'm not sure what you're worried about here. Besides, Volstagg can't read.
    I don't know man, if all the smack talk gets back to him, he could decide that it's twenty seventh lunchtime* in Dreaming R'lyeh. The only way that could be worse for you is if Matter Eater Lad was promised some kind of all you can eat seafood buffet, then the restaurant kicked him out for claiming "he abused the spirit of the term", and now he's just in a mood for it.

* obviously the middle lunch of his 54 lunches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He has a couple of other feats here and there past Siege. He marched through some plasma blasters to crush the robots firing them (almost identical to the Kingpin/Doom thing recently) as well as lifted a 50+ ton machine in a different comic.

Also there is the one hilarious example of him leaping through the air like the Hulk to punch Thor out of the sky. Of course that ended with Thor being unhurt like "k gonna kill you now I guess?" to which Volstagg politely apologized and retreated from. :P

Total agreement in that these are tiny blips compared to his whole history, but there does seem to be some sort of power creep happening with the guy maybe? At least recently.
    Considering that all up until Siege you got nothing remotely like that... yeeeaaahh.

1. This is a challenging fight for Ares, because both Fandral and Hogun are skilled and highly-experienced warriors, and all three Warriors have superhuman stats. The average Asgardian can lift 30 tons, and these three are above average. However, Ares is considerably stronger (at least Class 75 and maybe higher) and likely much more skilled in combat since he is a war god. I think that Ares would definitely win, but he will know that he has been in a fight.

2. One-on-one, Ares readily defeats each warrior.

I feel like even if Siege was taken into account, Ares still outclasses him badly in all the other relevant areas anyway. I'm almost willing to give Volstagg that feat just to throw him a bone so that he can fare just a little bit longer. But the big man will go down sooner rather than later.

Fantastic Member

Um, WHICH version of Ares? Greek myth? DC? Xena? Saint Seiya?

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    Um, WHICH version of Ares? Greek myth? DC? Xena? Saint Seiya?
    The first post said 616, which I understood as the primary Marvel version.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Does Volstagg still have that hammer that he got? I remember that being a thing during last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Does Volstagg still have that hammer that he got? I remember that being a thing during last year.
    No, he doesn't have that hammer anymore. Mangog crushed it.
    - big_adventure