Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Marvel and Hulu Team Up to Produce Four Adult Animated Shows

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...azzler-1185246

Howard the Duck and MODOK would make for great animated shows and the ones I look forward to. Hit Monkey seems out there and Tigra & Dazzler isn't up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...azzler-1185246

Howard the Duck and MODOK would make for great animated shows and the ones I look forward to. Hit Monkey seems out there and Tigra & Dazzler isn't up my alley.
    Outside of Modok interested in the rest. Editing slowing backing away from Dazzler and Tigra going to give a watch because I like Tigra and Dazzler but not a Chelsea Handler fan. Really looking forward to Howard being made by Kevin Smith.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-11-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok... seems odd not to have these on Disney+ if they want lots of distinctive shows, unless they’re planning these to be more grown up.

Curious to see if Seth Green reprises the role as Howard.

Not sure how MODOK will look or work without significant CGI and him being a villain but I am intrigued.

Hitmonkey should definitely take inspiration from the recent Hitman games, but otherwise I wonder if he’s obscure even by our standards. And again, a suit wearing baboon with guns on a TV budget? That said he’s as much Marvel’s answer to John Wick as Agent 47.

Tigra is cool but again I don’t see her working on a TV budget, not to mention the fact that she should be in the Avengers or helping in Avengers Academy...

Dazzler is probably the most doable as a series but isn’t she an X-Man? Are they implying that they can create a show with X-Men characters already? And then imagining all these characters together... hmmm. Well I shall be cautiously optimistic.

EDIT: I missed the part about these being animated, now I can see all of these working.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 02-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok... seems odd not to have these on Disney+ if they want lots of distinctive shows, unless they’re planning these to be more grown up.

Curious to see if Seth Green reprises the role as Howard.

Not sure how MODOK will look or work without significant CGI and him being a villain but I am intrigued.

Hitmonkey should definitely take inspiration from the recent Hitman games, but otherwise I wonder if he’s obscure even by our standards. And again, a suit wearing baboon with guns on a TV budget? That said he’s as much Marvel’s answer to John Wick as Agent 47.

Tigra is cool but again I don’t see her working on a TV budget, not to mention the fact that she should be in the Avengers or helping in Avengers Academy...

Dazzler is probably the most doable as a series but isn’t she an X-Man? Are they implying that they can create a show with X-Men characters already? And then imagining all these characters together... hmmm. Well I shall be cautiously optimistic.
    These shows are animated.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    These shows are animated.
    Just noticed but thanks! Also didn’t realise that Tigra and Dazzler are all one show.

Not sure where these will be streamed outside the USA since Hulu doesn’t exist in the UK.

Reading most interested in Howard the Duck, Hit Monkey, and Offenders.

Just noticed but thanks! Also didn’t realise that Tigra and Dazzler are all one show.

Not sure where these will be streamed outside the USA since Hulu doesn’t exist in the UK.
    There are some rumors Disney might package Disney+ with Hulu and take Hulu international I hope so for our international friends like yourself since I doubt they'll be working with Netflix anymore.

Dazzler is one of those X-Men that interacts the most with the world outside the X-Men. I would imagine the MCU would want to play up those characters more to act as liaisons (the same way that supporting players like Wong and Shuri don't just need to show up, but they've actual things to contribute when interacting with the MCU outside their own home franchises).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bob Igor mentioned that mature content won't be on Disney+. These being adult shows it makes sense for it to be on Hulu. It wouldn't surprise me if Hulu becomes the dumping ground for all of Disney's mature content.

I think this also a good sign Disney will be placing R rated marvel content on Hulu and not "Disnify" everything.

Sadly, I assume this means Tigra, Dazzler, and MODOK won't show up in any kind of MCU capacity, which is a missed opportunity, in my opinion. I get characters like Hit-Monkey being good for this (and they were never going to give Howard another film of his own), but the others could've been done really well under Feige and instead will just labor under Loeb's eternal mediocrity.

nice to see that these will all be animated. show all the powers, no budget limits.. doesn't have be MCU related, just very professionally put together and appropriately humorous. I hope they don't go over board with potty humor (e.g., the Seth McFarland shows).

sidebar: what are the origins of the "comedic remix" of Modok? what story arcs treated him like a joke character? I vaguely remember Wizard Magazine's toy-centric spinoff where they had these running series of comic strips based on various toys, and Modok was a recurring character.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.