Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Dazzler and Tigra synopsis...

In Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show, two woke Super Heroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show” comes from writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler, with Rivinoja, Handler, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
    ...sounds like they are likely to take a lot of inspiration from West Coast Avengers and maybe the San Francisco days of X-Men, which is interesting! Gonna roll my eyes at the whole ‘woke’ nonsense though... I am assuming all of these shows are designed to be competitors to DC Universe’s Harley Quinn Animated show.

I thought this was an April Fool's joke for a second. Not what I was expecting from the future of Marvel Animation .

And, yeah, this is the first western animated X-Men work since WatXM. I'm...really not sure what to think about this .

I guess it's nice to see Marvel Animation finally doing something different, both content/character wise and age-wise. Hopefully the animation will be a step-up from the current Marvel cartoons.

I'm assuming Patton Oswalt will be voicing MODOK and Chelsea Handler will be voicing Dazzler since they're attached to this project

I think it’s a great idea to have the more out there and adult friendly shows made there and then order more traditional family friendly Marvel cartoons for Disney+, like say an ongoing Marvel Rising series or even my dream of a 90’s X-Men revival with X-Men ‘92.

Patrick Oswalt as MODOK is genius, I love it.

Modok is getting a show? Seriously? Wow. I never would have guessed that in a million years.

BANNED

Nail in the coffin for all those "But Disney won't keep it adult enough!" nonsense. These are all clearly an attempt to do some out-there, adult oriented marvel programming. I'm very interested in seeing how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Nail in the coffin for all those "But Disney won't keep it adult enough!" nonsense. These are all clearly an attempt to do some out-there, adult oriented marvel programming. I'm very interested in seeing how that plays out.
    At the very least it seems like there will be a clear differentiation between the Marvel content for Disney+ and Hulu, which could potentially lead to the return of the Netflix heroes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least it seems like there will be a clear differentiation between the Marvel content for Disney+ and Hulu, which could potentially lead to the return of the Netflix heroes?
    I was under the assumption Hulu would just become Disney+....is that incorrect?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was under the assumption Hulu would just become Disney+....is that incorrect?
    Yes. Disney doesn't own Hulu. They are the majority share holder with 60% ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes. Disney doesn't own Hulu. They are the majority share holder with 60% ownership.
    Insult to injury to own it they have to buy those other shares from Comcast who drove up the Fox price on them.

I think they should start over Netflix owns those shows so I dont know if legally they can reference any that happened in then. It would be a kinda soft reboot with the same cast. Unless Netflix sold them those show but I doubt it those are some if they're most watched stuff. Plus I really think Heroes for hire needs to be a big screen film with a budget. Both Danny and Luke were so watered down. Jessica,,Punisher, and DD worked way better on smaller budgets. But if love daredevil to continue I just dont know legally what Disney could do with the characters. Obviously they cant show scenes from previous seasons but can they reference them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hmmm, so are they going to use their Hulu ownership as a vehicle for more ambitious/outside the norm projects?

It's odd they'll be basically owning and running two streaming services.

Hmmm, so are they going to use their Hulu ownership as a vehicle for more ambitious/outside the norm projects?

It's odd they'll be basically owning and running two streaming services.
    Presumably Hulu is where Disney will stick up materials that don’t belong on the family friendly Disney+, including properties previously owned by Fox like Aliens that have scope for R rated streaming content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Presumably Hulu is where Disney will stick up materials that don’t belong on the family friendly Disney+, including properties previously owned by Fox like Aliens that have scope for R rated streaming content.
    I can see the appeal in that I suppose. But with the way Disney treated the Fantastic 4 and X-men when they weren't making all the money from them, I wonder how much they really want to share anything notable with Comcast. Just thinking out loud, I think your point is a good one, jsut trying to make sense of some of their behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think it’s a great idea to have the more out there and adult friendly shows made there and then order more traditional family friendly Marvel cartoons for Disney+, like say an ongoing Marvel Rising series or even my dream of a 90’s X-Men revival with X-Men ‘92.

Patrick Oswalt as MODOK is genius, I love it.
    I thought this was an April Fool's joke for a second. Not what I was expecting from the future of Marvel Animation .

And, yeah, this is the first western animated X-Men work since WatXM. I'm...really not sure what to think about this .

I guess it's nice to see Marvel Animation finally doing something different, both content/character wise and age-wise. Hopefully the animation will be a step-up from the current Marvel cartoons.

I'm assuming Patton Oswalt will be voicing MODOK and Chelsea Handler will be voicing Dazzler since they're attached to this project

This could be one of the best things for X-Men and Marvel. X-Men is long overdue for adult animations. Their past animations already appealed to adults. You can't help it with X-men stories. Additionally Marvel animation has being in the gutter post Disney. adult marvel cartoons could mean we are getting the old marvel back.

The only thing that I find really worrisome is the idea that Jeph Loeb will be spearheading Marvel cartoons again.