Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    That makes no sense.
    If we got the characters we wanted we wouldn't be complaining in the first place
    People don't agree on what characters they want as gestalt, and people need to have the opportunity to get new characters to like. Characters who aren't exactly popping in anything else at the moment deserve a chance. The irony is that I'm writing this on the same day they announced Savage Avengers, which has the actual problem of using characters who are already all over the place instead of being creative with the truckload of other characters not in use.
    heroine addict we love you come back

My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar

I don't think this is meant to just cater to and/or rely on those who are already fans. No show based on comic book IPs could be, if it wanted to be successful. In fact, I would say you need to attract more non-fans from the gen pop than anything, in order to survive.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍AoXM:PrisonerXtracts&Xtremists+UncannyWotR

BANNED

I'll just, what, I can't even, for alah sake,... I have no words

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does Tigers look like a Thundercat?
    Because some idiot decided to give her a short haircut. Tigra's hair has always been long in the comics. Keeping that here would've avoided the Thundercats comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think it’s likely she will since Marvel would know a lot of her fans would be ticked if they changed that about her. Of course Marvel might pull a Axis and retcon her being a mutant in the comics before the show arrives... hopefully they won’t be that stupid though.
    Yeah, they changed Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver because they were associated with the Avengers instead of the X-Men and wanted to not promote the mutants where possible because of Fox having the movie rights. Now that Disney will be owning 20th Century Fox shortly, this is no longer an issue and I wouldn't expect any further similar retcons. They'll keep Alison's mutant origins in the comic and in the show, I'm sure.

I just hope they don't sh*t all over the character for yucks and actually make her kinda glorious. One of the reasons DC is slaughtering marvel in media is that they actually show a lot of love and respect for their characters and then put them in media whose production value seems to relish their presence.

‘Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show’ Creators on Their Unexpected Team-Up Series | News | Marvel
    ... Asked about what it felt like to write the upcoming Hulu series, Rivinoja and Handler said, “We are so excited to be the token lady show in this lineup! And we’re so thrilled to finally bring the world the cat lady and roller skating pop star show that they've been begging for."...