Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Weird how there are reservations around this concept when DC is currently killing it with their Harley Quinn animated series which is similarly styled and focuses on two dynamic women characters.

For all the things I've heard about this show, I've heard the leads are the weakest link, so I'm not sure if it's a good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This was a weird idea to begin with. Glad it got pulled. Come back when you're ready for another X-Men:TAS-level project for the 21st century, Disney-Marvel.
    That's pretty narrow-minded.
    If we just dismissed everything as being too weird most comic concepts wouldn't exist.

Weird how there are reservations around this concept when DC is currently killing it with their Harley Quinn animated series which is similarly styled and focuses on two dynamic women characters.

All these Hulu shows just struck me as Marvel trying to ape DC with Harley Quinn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    For all the things I've heard about this show, I've heard the leads are the weakest link, so I'm not sure if it's a good example.
    I've heard otherwise, but I guess it depends on one's personal taste.

BANNED

I don't see how the shows were trying to ape harley quinn.
    By the time they were announced I don't even think harley had a trailer yet.

Maybe not intentionally, but coming aftewards it seems to be very much in the same vein.

That's pretty narrow-minded.
    If we just dismissed everything as being too weird most comic concepts wouldn't exist.
    Off the wall and random doesn't necessarily mean it's some valuable contribution to creativity either. There are plenty of well-tested concepts and teams to put the hundreds and thousands of man-hours and millions of dollars into animating. Has Dazzler ever spent more than like 2 panels with Tigra? Ivy and Harley have been developed for years on the page, now, even having been lovers in some stories. And the Legion of Doom is riffing off of a popular cartoon from the 60's(and all the various other media representations of them over the years since). These characters are known to the general public at some level, and have decades of material to pull from(in addition to whatever else the writers feel like doing). None of that exists for Dazzler and Tigra.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-26-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Who said that lol. Ivy is easily the strongest thing about the show. Their take on Harley is pretty solid too, but she's reaching oversaturation point so there isn't much new left to explore with her. That isn't the case with Dazzler and Tigra.

Off the wall and random doesn't necessarily mean it's some valuable contribution to creativity either. There are plenty of well-tested concepts and teams to put the hundreds and thousands of man-hours and millions of dollars into animating. Has Dazzler ever spent more than like 2 panels with Tigra? Ivy and Harley have been developed for years on the page, now, even having been lovers in some stories. And the Legion of Doom is riffing off of a popular cartoon from the 60's(and all the various other media representations of them over the years since). These characters are known to the general public at some level, and have decades of material to pull from(in addition to whatever else the writers feel like doing). None of that exists for Dazzler and Tigra.
    That argument would work if they aren't going ahead with the MODOK series of all things. And I don't even know who or what Hit Monkey is. A show about mutantdom's foremost celebrity pop-star teaming up with a tough and sexy tiger superheroine couldn't have been less random than those two concepts.

Going by the first post in this thread, these shows were announced on Feb 11 of last year, while the Harley teaser had come out way back on Oct 3, 2018.

Also, the first concept art looks inspired by Harley Quinn's first concept art, with Dazzler mimicking Ivy's annoyed demeanour (and she's even holding the same glass LOL) and Tigra being the Harley equivalent.

Get them receipts! Oof!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

yes! these series' were 100000% a rebuke to DC. The fact that they're going ahead with MODOK...choices choices choices

Ultimate Member

Static was not known to the public.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were not known to the public.
    Rocket Raccoon was not either.
    Black Panther was not known to the public.
    Green Arrow was not known to the public.

How did that work out?

The Amazing World of Gumball was a collection of JUNK that was previously rejected and is now a 6 season show.
    The Simpsons were mini cartoons on Tracey Ulman Show.
    The Big Bang Theory was rejected multiple times.

You don't know what works until you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static was not known to the public.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were not known to the public.
    Rocket Raccoon was not either.
    Black Panther was not known to the public.
    Green Arrow was not known to the public.

How did that work out?

The Amazing World of Gumball was a collection of JUNK that was previously rejected and is now a 6 season show.
    The Simpsons were mini cartoons on Tracey Ulman Show.
    The Big Bang Theory was rejected multiple times.

You don't know what works until you try it.
    Except those are mainstream PG-13 or so movies/shows that aired on theaters or TV. Tigra & Dazzer was an adult cartoon on a niche streaming platform lol.

BANNED

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...t-hulu-1272751

Tigra and Dazzler got canceled by Kevin Feige!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Tigra and Dazzler got canceled by Kevin Feige!
    Maybe he can work that magic on Kathleen Kennedy next...

BANNED

Going by the first post in this thread, these shows were announced on Feb 11 of last year, while the Harley teaser had come out way back on Oct 3, 2018.

Also, the first concept art looks inspired by Harley Quinn's first concept art, with Dazzler mimicking Ivy's annoyed demeanour (and she's even holding the same glass LOL) and Tigra being the Harley equivalent.

Yeah.
    I'm not seeing it, the main similarities between the two is there are two females, and one's smiling and the other isn't.
    The odd couple dynamic is not exactly a new thing here.