Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    All-New Member

This is ~*inspired*~ and I cannot believe you people have no VISION! Marvel/Dis needs to diversify their properties they payed boucoup buckos for and they didn't JUST to have a boring, straightlaced nerderrific continuity 100% of the time.

Drunk hag aged Dazzler IS basically 21st century Dazzler and Chelsea Handler being a foil for that is so mesmerizing I wish I'd thought of it. I always assumed if they did a Dazzler property they'd revisit it as tweenaged Unikitty! type-fare, so this more adult version could be wild, wacky, and fun. And it probably WILL BE. It's so different it's just what the doctor ordered.
    And mixing it up with Howard and the absurdity of MODOK?! I can't even.

PLUS Dazzler is doing her own thing away from the XU, and being more MU, which is what Dazzfans had been hoping for for years so this is 100% wonderful and she's long and strawberry blonde so I am so so so signed up for this.
    I hope LoLo appears as her perky sister and Dazzler just can't even.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Today is a national holiday for me yo. Ive been watching Dazzler get passed up for some shine for over a decade on this board for the same crusty ass "favorites" over and over. And the second she gets a little attention people get salty. To say this is some just desserts is an understatement.

About the character: liiiiiike I wished they'd have pushed the vamp/camp both characters are known for in their design but I'm cool with what I see. And the cosmo in Dazz's hand is worrisome. I hopes hesitant come off as Emma lite. They can plaster a lot of different interpretations on the character personality wise especially if she's a wisecracker. A female Archer of you will. But to do the character JUSTICE you just gotta be SURE that 3 things are present in the show:

1) Bitch can SAAAAAANG. Like even if her powers, her life, her decisions,her career, the world around her are crap- Dazzlers shtick is that she is THE BEST performer in the MU. She's got pipes and people usually get dumbfounded by how this white girl sounds like young Whitney Houston. That's just facts. In fact it's behoove them to get a bomb ass black singer to handle her singing voice. It'd be hilarious.

2) Homegirl is redonkulously hot in a troublesome way. I think the trope is "Stupid Sexy" where her beauty causes her more trouble than it's worth and often is the catalyst for her adventures. Even if she's kind of a slob.

3) If ur a bad guy. DONT LET HER PUT THOSE SKATES ON. Her skates, are her mjolnir. Sure she doesn't need them to kick ass but a running gag is that once she puts those puppies she like transforms and gets FREEEEEEE, HENNY!!

Include those elements and the other stuff is up for interpretation.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also, if this goes well- give us Blake Lively as Dazzler to team up with Hubby for the next Deadpool movie....

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So long as they don’t turn her into a damn emo goth girl again I am pretty fine with most stuff.

BANNED

Will Dazzler be a mutant?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I think it’s likely she will since Marvel would know a lot of her fans would be ticked if they changed that about her. Of course Marvel might pull a Axis and retcon her being a mutant in the comics before the show arrives... hopefully they won’t be that stupid though.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ok... I have no problem with these characters at all but when Marvel got their rights back this is not what I had in mind. As much as I enjoy the more humorous aspects of the MU I think they may have been pushing it too much in the films in a way that they are afraid to take themselves too seriously, which is fine because it's good to have balance but again I was hoping for something more epic and grand scale.

BANNED

love when mutants interact with the greater Marvel universe, can't wait for this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Domino looks good here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Huh, I like this. 8)
    Is this kinda wonderful page from the Domino solo book?
    If yes, then that's twice I've been smitten by this series. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's from Daddypool and the Mercs for Money.
    Glad you like! And Snoop is right, it's from Dp&tM4$ #'s 7 & 8, IvX tie-ins by Cullen Bunn/Iban Coello. A 5 years in the future AU, wherein Domino & Polaris' testy tit-for-tat, was the absolute highlight:

... it was great seein' Neena continually try to get under her skin, but Lorna remain in control, and ultimately unfazed.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    ... the cosmo in Dazz's hand is worrisome. I hopes hesitant come off as Emma lite. ...
    Yeah, that wasn't lost on me either, and gave me pause as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Also, if this goes well- give us Blake Lively as Dazzler to team up with Hubby for the next Deadpool movie....

Mentioned this before, in her old app thread. And even used the same pic, I believe, to hammer the point home. Ideal stunt casting that's meant to be, I think, just like John Krasinski & Emily Blunt as Mr. Fantastic & Invisible Woman.

Yes, that would be my guess. Don't think they'll need to shy away from it, by that point.

I don't think this is going to be like Squirrel Girl where they change how she got her powers. She's too affiliated with the X-Brand to pull it off.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

I mean, yay for Dazzler getting some spotlight but I can't say I like the animation style at all. It just looks bland. Howard the Duck looks the best out of all of them, imo. Hopefully it turns out well, but I'd much rather have a new X-Men team cartoon or just a solo Dazzler series. Hopefully they all turn out great though! It would be great to see Marvel make some more quality animated series.

Waah, my favourite super powered ladies from both Marvel and DC (Dazzler and Ivy) are both costarring in Adult Swim-esque animated shows. Weird coincidence but I'm here for them. Can't wait for Chelsea Handler's take on Dazzler.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    the Harley Quinn show is rumored to be doa
    Um... source please?

Why does Tigers look like a Thundercat?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    I hate how so many people complain about character choices. If they stuck with what they thought the "people" wanted, it'd be a Wolverine and Deadpool show with no women and no people of color.
    That makes no sense.
    If we got the characters we wanted we wouldn't be complaining in the first place

Astonishing Member

I always assumed that if the Marvel got the X-men back Dazzler would’ve been in a great position to get a live action show. She has proven solo potential and the idea of a celebrity mutant in the world of the MCU hiding her powers seems made for TV. I would’ve preferred that to what we got but maybe I’ll get a chuckle out of this lol. The whole “Offenders” thing seems weird though and I hope it’s not what I think it is, because I have the feeling Marvel will get some pushback.