Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    That makes no sense.
    If we got the characters we wanted we wouldn't be complaining in the first place
    People don't agree on what characters they want as gestalt, and people need to have the opportunity to get new characters to like. Characters who aren't exactly popping in anything else at the moment deserve a chance. The irony is that I'm writing this on the same day they announced Savage Avengers, which has the actual problem of using characters who are already all over the place instead of being creative with the truckload of other characters not in use.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I don't think this is meant to just cater to and/or rely on those who are already fans. No show based on comic book IPs could be, if it wanted to be successful. In fact, I would say you need to attract more non-fans from the gen pop than anything, in order to survive.

BANNED

I'll just, what, I can't even, for alah sake,... I have no words

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does Tigers look like a Thundercat?
    Because some idiot decided to give her a short haircut. Tigra's hair has always been long in the comics. Keeping that here would've avoided the Thundercats comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think it’s likely she will since Marvel would know a lot of her fans would be ticked if they changed that about her. Of course Marvel might pull a Axis and retcon her being a mutant in the comics before the show arrives... hopefully they won’t be that stupid though.
    Yeah, they changed Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver because they were associated with the Avengers instead of the X-Men and wanted to not promote the mutants where possible because of Fox having the movie rights. Now that Disney will be owning 20th Century Fox shortly, this is no longer an issue and I wouldn't expect any further similar retcons. They'll keep Alison's mutant origins in the comic and in the show, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I just hope they don't sh*t all over the character for yucks and actually make her kinda glorious. One of the reasons DC is slaughtering marvel in media is that they actually show a lot of love and respect for their characters and then put them in media whose production value seems to relish their presence.

BANNED

‘Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show’ Creators on Their Unexpected Team-Up Series | News | Marvel
    ... Asked about what it felt like to write the upcoming Hulu series, Rivinoja and Handler said, “We are so excited to be the token lady show in this lineup! And we’re so thrilled to finally bring the world the cat lady and roller skating pop star show that they've been begging for."...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They want control of Dazzler for the X-movies, they are trying to work out what they are going to do. If they start right with House of X, the Dazzler is part of the new nation of Krakoa, all the mutants are technically.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They want control of Dazzler for the X-movies, they are trying to work out what they are going to do. If they start right with House of X, the Dazzler is part of the new nation of Krakoa, all the mutants are technically.
    I don't see how this would have anything to do with the movies.

It's more Feige probably just doesn't want to continue anything Loeb started, at least that wasn't far enough along that they couldn't just can it without it being a colossal waste.

This was a weird idea to begin with. Glad it got pulled. Come back when you're ready for another X-Men:TAS-level project for the 21st century, Disney-Marvel.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-24-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ya know Marvel's animation is Lightyears behind DC....which sucks cause they were killing it in the 90s with TAS and SpiderMan and Ive always thought the Marvel U could surpass DC's animated shows if Marvel had the gumption to make their shows more mature. Now I see that I was wrong. This announcement seems soooo randomly shat outta some executive producers roxy fueled attempt at connecting with their sh!tty stepson I mean MAAAAAAYBE the shows will be good. But it''ll be hard for a franchise to produce 4 quality cartoons but FOUR ADULT cartoons, 3 of which star anthropomorphic animals might be difficult for each of them to have a unique voice
    GrindrStone(D)

wait I was so hyped for the insanity this guaranteed. should've known...too good to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see how this would have anything to do with the movies.

It's more Feige probably just doesn't want to continue anything Loeb started, at least that wasn't far enough along that they couldn't just can it without it being a colossal waste.
    It WAS far enough along though. We know the creative team was dismissed when it was already around 75% done.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Weird how there are reservations around this concept when DC is currently killing it with their Harley Quinn animated series which is similarly styled and focuses on two dynamic women characters.