Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    For all the things I've heard about this show, I've heard the leads are the weakest link, so I'm not sure if it's a good example.

That's pretty narrow-minded.
    If we just dismissed everything as being too weird most comic concepts wouldn't exist.
    I half agree.

I do think weird and obscure properties are what moves things forward- fresh ideas and new tales are great.

I do believe, however, that Disney shoud choose their first mutants projects more carefully, though. Their first few mutant choices will set the bar and expectations - so I can understand a desire for their first original mutant products to be more mass consumable. After that, more obscure products would be very welcomed. In other words, for the first animated property and proper xmen film I’d prefer it be played safe.

Just my 2 cents.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Sad to hear these shows got cancelled, but I'm not too surprised. Adult cartoons have never been Disney's thing. And not a lot of news about these shows came out after they were announced. I get the feeling they were already pushed aside once the Disney/Fox merger was completed. I hope this means the slate is clear for new animated projects featuring Fox/X-Men characters. It's been too long since we've seen the X-Men in any meaningful animated series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

If that artwork if legit from that show, I am glad it's canned. I really don't like the look they went for Alison, but Tigra looks atrocious. Comedy or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I half agree.

I do think weird and obscure properties are what moves things forward- fresh ideas and new tales are great.

I do believe, however, that Disney shoud choose their first mutants projects more carefully, though. Their first few mutant choices will set the bar and expectations - so I can understand a desire for their first original mutant products to be more mass consumable. After that, more obscure products would be very welcomed. In other words, for the first animated property and proper xmen film I’d prefer it be played safe.

Just my 2 cents.
    Except these aren't the movies and they aren't being made by Marvel Studios, these were gonna Hulu shows, which were more than likely not gonna have any impact on anything else they would've made.
    Especially since it wasn't strictly an X-Men thing either.

Yeah.
    I'm not seeing it,
    You can't see the same martini glass with the same coloured liquid?

Except these aren't the movies and they aren't being made by Marvel Studios, these were gonna Hulu shows, which were more than likely not gonna have any impact on anything else they would've made.
    Especially since it wasn't strictly an X-Men thing either.
    I understand what you’re saying- how it’s not the same thing as the MCU and not the same studio.

But an average viewer just sees a property and links them together.

I have absolutely zero issues about an animated show with dazzler, and whoever the hell tigra is. Personally I just don’t want that to be some people’s first exposure to the ultimate Branding that they are likely striving for with their whole product since the merger.

Sure Disney owned animate rights before the fox acquisition - I Personally just see the deal as a formal turning point and do over, and I would like ANY xmen they introduce- mcu or not- to be well thought out. I’m a huge fan of xmen and I think sticking a good first landing on all platforms will build a solid franchise for the xmen IP going forward. This interim period is one of the only times where I hope they play it a little more safe and reliable.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Hey. I got a Tigra trade I never would have expected due to this show. I’m good.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

whoever the hell tigra is.
    Sounds like you need a cliff notes. Tigra, aka Greer Grant Nelson, was originally The Cat, a vigilante with her own shortlived book in the 1970s. Then she got mutated into her current form by the Cat People to save her life after HYDRA irradiated her, and dumped the costume, which was found by Patsy Walker, who became Hellcat. Tigra then joined the Avengers and served on the West Coast team. More recently, she had a kid, William, with a Skrull imposter of Hank Pym (see Secret Invasion and Avengers Academy). Since the child has Hank's DNA, he's Nadia Van Dyne's half-brother. She appears irregularly nowadays, the last two appearances being in the first arc of Kate Bishop's West Coast Avengers, and in issue 7 of Unstoppable Wasp.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Greer_Grant_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You can't see the same martini glass with the same coloured liquid?
    Pretty much everything you're pointing out are things that are far too general and widespread, especially if you use it as evidence they were basing on Harley Quinn..

I have absolutely zero issues about an animated show with dazzler, and whoever the hell tigra is. Personally I just don’t want that to be some people’s first exposure to the ultimate Branding that they are likely striving for with their whole product since the merger.
    See you just lost me here because I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like you need a cliff notes. Tigra, aka Greer Grant Nelson, was originally The Cat, a vigilante with her own shortlived book in the 1970s. Then she got mutated into her current form by the Cat People to save her life after HYDRA irradiated her, and dumped the costume, which was found by Patsy Walker, who became Hellcat. Tigra then joined the Avengers and served on the West Coast team. More recently, she had a kid, William, with a Skrull imposter of Hank Pym (see Secret Invasion and Avengers Academy). Since the child has Hank's DNA, he's Nadia Van Dyne's half-brother. She appears irregularly nowadays, the last two appearances being in the first arc of Kate Bishop's West Coast Avengers, and in issue 7 of Unstoppable Wasp.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Greer_Grant_(Earth-616)
    Why, thank you for educating me!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm kinda glad they didn't do it. Chelsea Handler as A martini toting Dazzler?? No thank you. Sounds nothing like the character. Dazzler doesn't do dry banter, she's a loudmouth diva at her brassiest, an action junkie Barbie doll at her strangest, and a completely approachable hottie with a brain at her most chill. I like her having a friendship with Tigra tho. They should make a comic book with them at least.

I agree, Tigra and Dazzler played off each other would be super interesting, moreso in comics than a series divorced from continuity. two female characters with relative solo success who were shuffled into franchises where they lost a deal of prominence....theres something there to me, be it meta commentary or not

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Plus they're like the two wildest babes marvelwide. Their relative status as two 'joke' characters that Bendis seems obsessed with is worth noting. They'd be hilarious as the outside commentary on a lot of marvel memes and insider knowledge. They're like 'band aids' for the larger superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I'm kinda glad they didn't do it. Chelsea Handler as A martini toting Dazzler?? No thank you. Sounds nothing like the character. Dazzler doesn't do dry banter, she's a loudmouth diva at her brassiest, an action junkie Barbie doll at her strangest, and a completely approachable hottie with a brain at her most chill. I like her having a friendship with Tigra tho. They should make a comic book with them at least.
    I think Handler was actually voicing Tigra.

well, someday, something will come out based on this idea. it's already "out there".