Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 14 preview

https://www.newsarama.com/43619-amaz...4-preview.html

looks great, enjoying the dialogue

This is a fun take on Lizard post-Shed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Looks great.Chris Bachalo art is way cool.
    Dunno if the Hunted story arc will make Amazing Spider-Man a comic book in my pull list again.But that preview does look interesting,so i will be buying this issue.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-24-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Bachalo art is always wonderful.
    I kind of find it funny how the Conners' becominglizards at the end of The Clone Conspiracy was done as this creepy and ominous thing, and now it's all "Eh they're lizards, no big deal."

Can someone post the pictures here? For some reason, that link isn't letting me view it.

Ditto. I wonder if the site is having compatibility problems with Google Chrome?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Newsarama is the actual devil. I had to ask someone to get the images and use Discord for usable URLs.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

^^^^I like how a iconic cover of the Lizard from Amazing Spider-Man by John Romita Sr is in those preview pages.

Man, they're doing their level best to try and move on from the fact that the Lizard ate his own wife and child. I guess lizard clones and a quirky tone make everything better .

I'm guessing Kraven is going to have Arcade build where he ends up trapping all the animal-themed super-types.

-I remember people thinking god Spencer would ignore the Lizard family, but now they know they are WRONG! Funny though, one of my ideas for what #2 was going to be was Peter at a Lizard family dinner. Just, y'know, more hostile.

-Bachalo remains the GOAT. Marvel should clone him.

-Every time Nick acknowledges or references even the tiniest non-Spider MU stuff like Bagalia, my spidey sense starts tingling. If ya know what I'm talking about. Topher Grace certainly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    -I remember people thinking god Spencer would ignore the Lizard family, but now they know they are WRONG! Funny though, one of my ideas for what #2 was going to be was Peter at a Lizard family dinner. Just, y'know, more hostile.
    Looks like we're getting full-on Lizard family but trying to ignore what happened to the real Connors, short of the other shoe dropping and it all goes to heck.

Although I do think that sequence of Peter and MJ with the Connors should come off more uncomfortable and creepy then it is.
    -Bachalo remains the GOAT. Marvel should clone him.
    I think he's better served by his individual uniqueness .

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I was just about to mention that. It's funny how every time there seems to be a critique or missing opportunity, Spencer follows through on it several issues later. MJ's reconcilation being explained, Lizard eating his family not ignored, Black Cat being reformed, expanding and showing charcter development on Jonah knowing Peter's secret, etc.... and also funnily enough showed the split persona Spidey try to hook up with Felicia like I had an idea for back in that arc and posted about here.

It's like does Spencer read minds?! I feel so in tune with him and his take on Spider-man. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I was just about to mention that. It's funny how every time there seems to be a critique or missing opportunity, Spencer follows through on it several issues later. MJ's reconcilation being explained, Lizard eating his family not ignored, Black Cat being reformed, expanding and showing charcter development on Jonah knowing Peter's secret, etc.... and also funnily enough showed the split persona Spidey try to hook up with Felicia like I had an idea for back in that arc and posted about here.

It's like does Spencer read minds?! I feel so in tune with him and his take on Spider-man. It's great!
    That's the best part of his run. It's not fan service: he just really understands this web of Spider-Man.

Also, I absolutely love this preview. Peter and MJ having dinner with the Lizard-Connors is better in execution than it sounds!