Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

10 -- Power Man

Issues Containing this Stamp:
    Conan the Barbarian #36, March 1974.
    Strange Tales #175, August 1974, p.32.

Stamp Artwork From:
    Cover of (Luke Cage,) Hero for Hire #1.

Hero for Hire #1 later re-titled Power Man, starting with issue #17 features the first appearance of Luke Cage.

BANNED

Power Man #19 Jun 1974
    "Call Him...Cottonmouth!"
    Coming home after witnessing the poisoning death of his informant, Flea, Luke Cage finds a package waiting for him.
    What's inside are two poisonous snakes, which Cage easily defeats.
    Cage is then visited by two strong men under the employ of Cottonmouth: Mike and Ike.

After a brief scuffle, Luke beats them both and threatens them with the snakes unless they tell him everything he wants to know.

This leads him to Cottonmouth himself, the boss of a massive heroin ring who was the source of the heroin that originally got Luke Cage framed.
    Cottonmouth believes he has found a kindred spirit in Luke Cage
    and offers him a position in his organization considering that Luke passed his "tests".
    Luke, figuring he can get close to Cottonmouth in order to shut down the organization, agrees to join.
    However, Cottonmouth's right hand man Mr. Slick, doesn't trust Luke and suggests a test of loyalty is in order.

Cottonmouth agrees and sends Luke to steal a heroin shipment from the rival crime boss Morgan.
    Luke manages to break into Morgan's operations and find the stash of heroin.
    Planning to mark it so that the police can use it as evidence,

Luke is distracted enough for Morgan and his men to sneak up and get the drop on him.

Story by Len Wein, pencils by George Tuska, inks by Vince Colletta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My preference is for Dane to finally learn how to control the Ebony Blade (If that is at all possible).
    Good question! Is it possible?

I believe not even the comicbook character Sean Dolan, the Squire of the comicbook character Dane Whitman,

was able to control it... Or did the comicbook character Sean Dolan eventually learn to control the Ebony Blade in later issues published by marvel comics?

BANNED

Power Man #20 Aug 1974
    "How Like a Serpent's Tooth...!"
    Caught in the act of stealing heroin for Cottonmouth, Power Man finds himself in a fight with rival heroin dealer Morgan and his men.
    After beating his men, Luke manages to get away with the heroin by holding Morgan hostage so his other men cannot counterstrike against him.

Dropped off in a random neighborhood, Luke keeps Morgan at gun point long enough to get away from his men, and get away with the heroin.

While at the clinic, Claire tells Noah that she's leaving for a few days but doesn't tell Noah where she's going.
    Back at Cottonmouth's lair, Luke turns over the heroin.
    However, as Cottonmouth and his men marvel over Luke's victory, Luke turns the tables and attacks them all.

During the fight, Mr. Slick is smashed out a window

and falls to his death. When Luke battles Cottonmouth one-on-one,
    he demands that Cottonmouth turn over records that might prove his innocence.
    Laughing Cottonmouth tells Luke that he never put anything down on paper, and that Mr. Slick was his living record keeper.
    Furious that another method of clearing his name has been destroyed, Luke easily
    beats Cottonmouth, knocking him unconscious by smashing him through his desk.
    After defeating Cottonmouth, Luke calls the police so they can come and arrest Cottonmouth.

Story by Tony Isabella, pencils by George Tuska, inks by Vince Colletta.

Did Luke ever use his tiara as a weapon? I could have been fun?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Did Luke ever use his tiara as a weapon? I could have been fun?
    Did he ever use the chain?? I can see him doing real damage with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I believe not even the comicbook character Sean Dolan, the Squire of the comicbook character Dane Whitman,

was able to control it... Or did the comicbook character Sean Dolan eventually learn to control the Ebony Blade in later issues published by marvel comics?
    Agreed. Looking at those images brings back sad memories. Hopefully someday, Victoria Bentley will be resurrected somehow.

As for Sean Dolan (A.K.A. Bloodwraith), he was last seen during Busiek's run on Avengers (AFAIK).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-21-2019 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually prefer Dane with the elf armor and weapons and minus the blood curse.

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    At this point I just want Marvel to use him somewhere.
    I think it is great the character will be used for the MCU by appearing in the 2020 Eternals movie, together with the comicbook character Sersi!
    Sersi & Black Knight

by Steve Epting

I think it is great the character will be used for the MCU by appearing in the 2020 Eternals movie, together with the comicbook character Sersi!
    Sersi & Black Knight

by Steve Epting
    I'm not sure if it's true (we hear so many things), but it seems as if the relationship between Dane and Sersi will be at the center of the Eternals movie. Let's see.

Peace

I really liked Bloodwraith (even with such a 90's name). That's another reason for me to like Dane with the Elfian get up. It's opens the window for a super-villans wielding the Ebony Blade and undef the curse's spell. IMHO, this is an opportunity for so much story potential.

Peace

Cage, Iron Fist, and Ant-Man have already made their live-action debuts. now Dane, Thena, and She-Hulk are up to bat. if they had already introduced Hammond, we'd have enough for a pretty cool Heroes for Hire standalone movie.

The Ebony Blade shows up in Marvel Comics #1000, along with two different versions of the Black Knight (neither of which are Dane Whitman).

BANNED

Why Marvel's Black Knight Is More Important Than Everyone Thought

BANNED

Power Man #21 Oct 1974
    "The Killer with My Name!"
    Before Luke Cage there was another man called Power Man

who first appeared in Avengers #21-22, and he's come to reclaim his title.

It's a heavyweight bout with Power Man vs. Power Man for the championship.

NOTE: The other Power Man in this story is none other than Erik Josten,
    who later becomes the villain Goliath in Iron Man (1968-96 1st Series) Annual #7
    and years later the hero known as Atlas in the pages of Thunderbolts.

Plot assist by Len Wein, Script by Tony Isabella, pencils by Ron Wilson, inks by Vince Colletta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I liked H4H in several attempts. I really think Danny and Luke have outgrown the concept.
    I don not agree because to me it helps to keep the characters depicted in a humble manner.

If it comes back i would rather Colleen form a team maybe with scott lang and a few others.
    To me, the comicbook characters Power Man and Iron Fist are to be among 'a few others'