Default Found this old article mocking Wonder Woman

All-New Member

That article is almost 11 years old though..

BANNED

People can get paid just by writing an article full of "in my opinion this character sucks and i'm sure the whole world thinks the same way" Interesting. Most of what she said was just her opinion that WW has no interesting villains or good stories, and passing her opinion as truth, saying that nobody could name a good WW story. How much has she read is a better question. Many people would name Perez, her adventure in space in the loebs era, Ruka's Hiketeia and his first run. Simone The Circle, etc as good Wonder Woman stories. Being sm with boobs is just not true. When her origin, her view of the world and many of the issues she tackled are different. When was superman in the ga making statements about sexual liberation for women, homosexuality, and questioning the patriacal world as directly as Wonder Woman did? As for Wonder Woman not being an A list. She aready was one way before that lousy article came out, and her current success proves the potential of her character even more. And the fun part is she is still not being pushed as other characters, yet she scored a big hit recently without the need of a big push. Which goes to prove that people like the woman from that srticle are wrong. DC did the bare minimun with her and her film was still a big hit. If they tried to push as hard as they have harley for example, or the way marvel has pushed carol danvers, who knows how much more Wonder Woman could achieve.
    Last edited by starlight25; 02-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Does anyone even care about Topless Robot these days?

Frankly, best to just ignore them and celebrate Wonder Woman's success.

Extraordinary Member

TOPLESS WHO.jpg

...mock, mock, mock...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Poor, sad, pathetic little writer, just does not understand Wonder Woman, her positive impact on culture and women, the mythos, history, stories or her fans. He just doesn't get it.

Maybe someone should send him some Wonder Woman comics, the animated DVD and the movie to educate this unbeliever.

It seems like the writer was defending his Superman crush.
    The irony of this whole thing is Superman became more popular quicker by
    ripping off everything Captain Marvel was doing first.

I think I'm more offended that guy was probably paid to write that.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    It seems like the writer was defending his Superman crush.
    The irony of this whole thing is Superman became more popular quicker by
    ripping off everything Captain Marvel was doing first.
    And Superman himself was just a rip off and mashup of many different other things so..