Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She-Hulk, Alpha Flight and Squadron Supreme seem to be the best answers I've seen.
    Nah She-Hulk is way too baity of a character not to adapt to the screen. With Hulk's absence for the future films, they will need to fill the void. At the very least I can see Jennifer Walters having a prominent position in the Daredevil or Civil War productions.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They couldn't before because Jean and Cyclops were, y'know, DEAD. Now that they're alive in the new timeline there's always a chance to see her in a 2023-set movie.

Considering Deadpool (which is hilarious his name came up earlier in this thread) has dipped so deep into the well that they're using NEGASONIC TEENAGE WARHEAD, of all people, I'm beginning to think there's no character too obscure (at least for Fox).
    Fox hates the Summers Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Nah She-Hulk is way too baity of a character not to adapt to the screen. With Hulk's absence for the future films, they will need to fill the void. At the very least I can see Jennifer Walters having a prominent position in the Daredevil or Civil War productions.
    One problem with She-Hulk is the rights issues with the Hulk. It means Marvel is less likely to make a Hulk movie, and that would otherwise have been a logical place to introduce She-Hulk. With Ruffalo's Hulk limited to ensemble films, that also leaves less room for someone with a similar power-set.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One problem with She-Hulk is the rights issues with the Hulk. It means Marvel is less likely to make a Hulk movie, and that would otherwise have been a logical place to introduce She-Hulk. With Ruffalo's Hulk limited to ensemble films, that also leaves less room for someone with a similar power-set.
    Yeah I think the other thing is even though her origin isn't terribly complex, it's still the sort of thing that requires some sort of explanation, so it'd be difficult to just drop her into any film.

Spider-Girl (Mayday), Squirrel Girl, Namor, Moondragon, Taskmaster, Cletus Kasady, maybe Brunnhilde

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Mayday is Spider-Woman now.

Current Spider-Girl, whose well known enough thanks to Spiderverse, is Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Mayday is Spider-Woman now.

Current Spider-Girl, whose well known enough thanks to Spiderverse, is Anya.
    But Mayday is probably the most known Spider-Girl maybe, but anyway the point was that Mayday is not going to be in a movie since Peter can barely get out of college in the movies, without going to another reboot, much less have a teenage daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    But Mayday is probably the most known Spider-Girl maybe, but anyway the point was that Mayday is not going to be in a movie since Peter can barely get out of college in the movies, without going to another reboot, much less have a teenage daughter.
    And the longest-running, and one of the longest female solo's for Marvel.

That she looked better and less generic as Spider-Girl also helps .

But yeah, we'll probably never see Mayday in the movies. Marvel will likely try and keep Peter in-school, and young, for as long as they can possibly manage with Tom Holland. And when he gets too old for the role, they'll likely have Miles be his successor instead of Mayday.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Right. It's clear they're playing the long game with certain things in the universe to set up other properties down the line.
    Wow. I'd like to match your blind confidence in all things from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But me I'm less than enthused with the way they've treated us East Asian men in their franchise.

Now I'm well aware that us Asian guys are often at the bottom of the pecking order for roles in Hollywood but not even being considered for roles that Stan, Jack and cie. wrote for us is a hard pill to swallow.

Ho Yinsen was racebent to Persian in Iron Man, Hogun was shunted to an Asian ghetto dimension in Thor 2, the Mandarin was turned into a joke played by a half-caste, we get a young sexy Asian tech lady and we're assured, off-screen of course by P.R. people, that she's Amadeus Cho's mother, the Ancient One is to be played by a whiter than White actress and now we hear that the casting of Wong may be problematic.

So excuse me if I'm less than confident about any future appearance from the new Mastermind Excello, Amadeus Cho.

B.T.W. This Helen Cho is much more of a sexier and much more palatable substitute to Amadeus than any pre-cursor.
    Last edited by Mr.Majestic; 06-29-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Captain Britain. Due to contracts and his wife and sister.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Wow. I'd like to match your blind confidence in all things from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But me I'm less than enthused with the way they've treated us East Asian men in their franchise....
    Argument petered out on the Baron Mordo Thread in the TV/Film forum, so you thought you'd take the show on the road?