Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Actually I heard Universal owns Namor.

http://screenrant.com/hulk-3-sequels...-namor-rights/

So Namor is stuck at a studio that doesn't have the rights to any other characters, he seems to be stuck in limbo.
    Yes, that has been the case for a while. There was a rumor last year that Marvel was trying to get back some FF supporting characters like Galactus and Silver Surfer.

I think Namor was with that first group of rights Avi Arad started shopping around in the late 1990's/ early 2000's along with the FF,X-Men, Spider-Man,Daredevil (and Marvel recently got him back), Punisher, etc. I had thought Doctor Strange was in that group too... IIRC he had a TV movie at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, that has been the case for a while. There was a rumor last year that Marvel was trying to get back some FF supporting characters like Galactus and Silver Surfer.

I think Namor was with that first group of rights Avi Arad started shopping around in the late 1990's/ early 2000's along with the FF,X-Men, Spider-Man,Daredevil (and Marvel recently got him back), Punisher, etc. I had thought Doctor Strange was in that group too... IIRC he had a TV movie at least.
    Feige did an interview with IGN and clarified the Namor movie rights situation. Apparently Marvel does own the rights but it's a bit complicated.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2...he-sub-mariner
    Last edited by Mahes; 07-30-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Feige did an interview with IGN and clarified the Namor movie rights situation. Apparently Marvel does own the rights but it's a bit complicated.

Wow...that makes it all that much more a lowdown dirty shame that Namor AND Atlantis are, for some reason, not allowed to be utilized in Super Hero Squad Online.

Speaking of Universal, Marvel rights, and lowdown dirty shames...the mess with the Human Torch and the late 70's FF cartoon, I know, and for quite sometime, that was because of Torch's rights being tied up with Universal. But is it possible that the Universal Torch was intended to be the World War II one/Jim Hammond and NOT Johnny Storm? If so, that makes the late 70's FF cartoon that much more cockamamie...
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Rom Spaceknight.
    Congratulations, you just won the thread!
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Extraordinary Member

Team Alpha Flight all of em.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post

All I saw was a cluttered page full of links. Which article is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Wow...that makes it all that much more a lowdown dirty shame that Namor AND Atlantis are, for some reason, not allowed to be utilized in Super Hero Squad Online.

Speaking of Universal, Marvel rights, and lowdown dirty shames...the mess with the Human Torch and the late 70's FF cartoon, I know, and for quite sometime, that was because of Torch's rights being tied up with Universal. But is it possible that the Universal Torch was intended to be the World War II one/Jim Hammond and NOT Johnny Storm? If so, that makes the late 70's FF cartoon that much more cockamamie...
    The studios probably didn't realize there was two of them! At least with Marvel Studios they make the distinction between Scott Lang and Henry Pym in the Ant Man movie.

Namor being tied up with Universal is really so messed up. No deal should have been made like that where a studio can just sit on the property this long. I was surprised Namor was in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. But I think he was just a prisoner you had to free or something like that. I wish they could use him in SHSO. They were even planning a separate zone for Atlantis.

I'm going out on a limb and saying there will never be a Starfox movie.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    All I saw was a cluttered page full of links. Which article is it?
    Ah, used old link. Here is correct link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...he-sub-mariner

BANNED

Mar-vell. 10 character.

I've always wanted to see a Ulysses Bloodstone movie but I'm fairly certain it'll never happen.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and saying there will never be a Starfox movie.
    Up until last week I thought his chance was 0% for anything else again ever, much less MCU. Now I'm not so sure. There might be reason (hope, if you're me) to believe he'll end up in there - as long as his revamp doesn't end up too generic.

OH OH OH I KNOW A BELOVED CHARACTER WE'LL NEVER SEE IN THE MCU:

Janet Van Dyne.
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 07-30-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

- Cable is a very easy character to use, especially since they won't have Hugh Jackman forever. But they probably find him unwieldy anyway. If he doesn't happen in the Apocalypse movie, he never will.

- Namor would also be a great headliner or main character, but apparently that can't happen.

- Alpha Flight is unlikely when they can just make more movies of the teams they already have.

The cynic in me says Black Panther and Carol Danvers. I think Marvel should give them movies. I think it's complete and total bullshit that Marvel hasn't already announced those movies. But I'm getting sceptical that Marvel will ever actually grow some balls and give them movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The cynic in me says Black Panther and Carol Danvers. I think Marvel should give them movies. I think it's complete and total bullshit that Marvel hasn't already announced those movies. But I'm getting sceptical that Marvel will ever actually grow some balls and give them movies.
    I honestly think they need to hurry up because comic movies won't be pulling these kinds of numbers forever. Economic bubbles are made to burts, and I think we're entering the cusp of a major explosion in Kaiju/Giant Robot and Video Game based movie adaptions. You have a whole generations just now getting into their 20s who grew up exclusively on video games and anime as their primary sources of fiction, and didn't really read comics. That'll drive the movie market in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    you think they are afraid to green light them? A matter of fear really?