Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    you think they are afraid to green light them? A matter of fear really?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Yeah

It seems it'll be a WHILE before we see a Namor movie, if we get a Namor movie at ALL.
    *Sigh* I do hope we eventually get a Namor film.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Y'know, I actually find it hard to think of characters I don't think Marvel will use one day. It might be five years down the line, it might be 10 but I fully expect the likes of Namor, Herc and She Hulk to show up.

I might say Moon Knight but if the Netflix series' go ok I can see him getting one of those.

Maybe Sentry and the Runaways?

To those who've said Alpha Flight, they did name-drop Department H in Agents of SHIELD, though I agree it's unlikely the team will get a movie. Even a guest spot on the show would be great, or if Big Hero 6 goes well an animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    you think they are afraid to green light them? A matter of fear really?
    I think it is fear. I think they're still worried that female and minority leads wouldn't make as much money, no matter how overwhelming the evidence is that it's entertaining movies that make money and boring movies that don't. Marvel doesn't make bad movies. If they decided to give Captain Marvel a movie, it would be great, and it would do well at the box office. But I think the producers are still going, "Well, I don't know, a female-led movie would be a pretty big risk."

The only valid concern about a Black Panther movie would be doing it in a way that doesn't end up being offensive. But I don't think that would be tough to avoid, especially if they get a few black people involved behind the scenes.

Moon Knight is bound for TV if anything. Don't think we'll see him, Luke Cage or Iron Fist on the big screen anytime soon. Least we still get the tv shows though.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If the key word here is "popular" then She-Hulk, Black Panther, and Namor are probably at the top of the list.

Default 2015

Resurrecting old threads with genuine posting content is permitted. - CBR Community Standards & Rules

I wouldn't fit in the appreciation thread so I wanted to find a topic to the subject instead. There was some small chatting about Marvel character rights and Namor was spoken about so I summarized what I heard, and wow... what a mess. I know Marvel was going bankrupt at the time but geez.

CBC Ep182 Spider-Man Cast Director Found Thought and Dicussion
    32:42 to 34:40
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookCast2
    * Marvel owns a certain part of [it] Namor.
    * FOX owns a certain part, which is the "First Mutant" part.
    * Universal owns the screen rights.
    * A third party that is responsible for the Namor between the 1990s - 2005, owns another share and they don't want to let him go.
    ----
    * The problem is that they [Marvel] can call him "Namor" but they can't call him "Sub-Mariner" because that is a part of FOX's "first mutant" rights.
    * And they couldn't use "Imperious Rex" because [these] people (the assumed third party) hold that and they're not doing it until they can come to an agreement.
    The results are similar to this bubble chart.
    Visual Guide to Marvel character movie rights
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Doom still hasnt been on the screen yet...wait...he has? I never saw him...oh THOSE films? Yeah that wasnt Doom

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Put Scorpion in a Spider-Man movie. Give up on making Green Goblin an interesting antagonist. Sony, you're 1-2 so far. Give Garrgan his day!

Taskmaster. He's popular by B-list standards, but he's not quite up there enough to warrant a movie, and he's no one's major enemy.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Clearly it's Rachel Grey-Summers.

Fox is pure evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Clearly it's Rachel Grey-Summers.

Fox is pure evil.
    They couldn't before because Jean and Cyclops were, y'know, DEAD. Now that they're alive in the new timeline there's always a chance to see her in a 2023-set movie.

Considering Deadpool (which is hilarious his name came up earlier in this thread) has dipped so deep into the well that they're using NEGASONIC TEENAGE WARHEAD, of all people, I'm beginning to think there's no character too obscure (at least for Fox).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Resurrecting old threads with genuine posting content is permitted. - CBR Community Standards & Rules

I wouldn't fit in the appreciation thread so I wanted to find a topic to the subject instead. There was some small chatting about Marvel character rights and Namor was spoken about so I summarized what I heard, and wow... what a mess. I know Marvel was going bankrupt at the time but geez.

CBC Ep182 Spider-Man Cast Director Found Thought and Dicussion
    32:42 to 34:40

The results are similar to this bubble chart.
    Visual Guide to Marvel character movie rights
    That makes no sense.

How does this third party own Imperious Rex??

Not acknowledging his "mutant" history is an easy enough fix.

I think Universal should go for it though. Admittedly they have some pretty big franchises of their own but a Namor film could be a lot of fun.

Astonishing Member

I'm going to say Mar-Vell. Largely because people are far more interested in Carol Danvers holding the Captain Marvel title right now.