Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    I've always wanted to see a Ulysses Bloodstone movie but I'm fairly certain it'll never happen.
    Actually I think he's perfect for a one-off movie. As a Marvel movie but not in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Every single Marvel Character A,B,C,D list will get at least one appearance in a movie, television episode or internet web series. Otherwise it's leaving money on the table.
    I'd betcha you'll never see Jimmy Woo, Amadeus Cho, the Real Mandarin or Hogun return in a Marvel Cinematic/Televisual Universe except maybe in a if you blink, you'll miss it non-speaking background cameo.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Well, as has been said, if Rocket Raccoon and Groot can make it, there's really not anything too out there. Plus Cosmo and Howard the Duck. But most likely never to appear of the more notable variety... Hercules, Franklin and Valeria, Uatu, Black Knight, Tigra, Lockheed, Ka-Zar and Zabu, Fin Fang Foom, Starfox, MODOK...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Resurrecting old threads with genuine posting content is permitted. - CBR Community Standards & Rules

I wouldn't fit in the appreciation thread so I wanted to find a topic to the subject instead. There was some small chatting about Marvel character rights and Namor was spoken about so I summarized what I heard, and wow... what a mess. I know Marvel was going bankrupt at the time but geez.

CBC Ep182 Spider-Man Cast Director Found Thought and Dicussion
    32:42 to 34:40

The results are similar to this bubble chart.
    Visual Guide to Marvel character movie rights
    Fox does not have the rights to all mutants. The have film rights to the X-Men and its cast of characters. It just so happens that most mutants are X-Men characters. Fox was not sold explicit rights to "mutants," but they won a case where they sued Marvel (strangely enough) because their use of the word "mutant" was deemed to be copyright infringement since it could cause brand confusion with the X-Men. The fact that Marvel was trying produce a show about mutants (who were not X-Men) demonstrates that Fox was not simply given rights to all Marvel characters that are mutants. Due to Fox's lawsuit, they're just no longer permitted to use the word "mutant" in film or live-action TV. Fox has a right to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, not because they're mutants, but because of their status as X-Men characters. This is why Fox doesn't have the rights to Cloak and Dagger because although they're mutants, they don't really have a significant attachment to the X-Men. There is no reason to suspect that Fox would have any claim to Namor, Firestar, Justice, Thanos, Franklin Richards (were it not for FF rights), Squirrel Girl, or any other mutants who are not primarily X-Men characters.

Kevin Feige has stated explicitly that Marvel holds the film rights to Namor but that there would be complications involved with making it. [source] It's been inferred that he is referring to distribution rights similar to how Universal still owns the rights to distribute Hulk's solo films. Marvel probably wouldn't see the value in making a film for Namor when they have a huge library of characters they don't have to share the profits from.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    I'd betcha you'll never see Jimmy Woo, Amadeus Cho, the Real Mandarin or Hogun return in a Marvel Cinematic/Televisual Universe except maybe in a if you blink, you'll miss it non-speaking background cameo.
    Do you not think Helen Cho was in AoU for a reason..?

Foolkiller, Jack of Hearts, Hate Monger, Gorilla Man, Hercules, to name a few.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Another guy who should pop up in Agents of SHIELD. To be honest, I think I would have preferred him over May, especially if he got a chance to run off and have an ATLAS story before leaving the team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Foolkiller, Jack of Hearts, Hate Monger, Gorilla Man, Hercules, to name a few.

Popular? Ehhhhh. The first two are definitely a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Popular? Ehhhhh. The first two are definitely a stretch.
    Foolkiller has headlined his own series. Jack was an Avenger for years.
    Gorilla Man has headlined his own mini, the Agents of Atlas have had their share of ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    To those who've said Alpha Flight, they did name-drop Department H in Agents of SHIELD, though I agree it's unlikely the team will get a movie. Even a guest spot on the show would be great, or if Big Hero 6 goes well an animated movie.
    The big puffy robot won an Oscar! Come on, Puck and Friends!

Still holding out hope for AF. Walter Langowski or Mac could easily pop up in Agents of SHIELD as consultants for the team, even a two minute cameo would sate me.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Taskmaster. He's popular by B-list standards, but he's not quite up there enough to warrant a movie, and he's no one's major enemy.
    Some people were guessing he might of had a role in Ant-Man due to his links with those characters but he doesn't. I could see Taskmaster being on Agent's Of Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm going to say Mar-Vell. Largely because people are far more interested in Carol Danvers holding the Captain Marvel title right now.
    I'm pretty sure he will be in the Captain Marvel film as either her love interest, mentor or supporting character see befriends.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    I've always wanted to see a Ulysses Bloodstone movie but I'm fairly certain it'll never happen.
    I could see his daughter being in a Midnight Sons movie if Marvel ever gets serious about expanding their supernatural side

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am going to say Moon Knight. It would be a hard sell to the general public to convince them that he is not just a Batman knock-off. Anyone who has read any of the books he is in knows he is a whole lot more than that, but most people would not take the time to do that.

Another guy who should pop up in Agents of SHIELD. To be honest, I think I would have preferred him over May, especially if he got a chance to run off and have an ATLAS story before leaving the team.
    I have a feeling Woo could appear in Agent Carter at some point.

I'm not sure if he's popular, but I'm gonna say Wonder Man. Not really a solo player and at the same time I don't think he's gonna be a big priority push to include in future Avengers movies. Plus they've effectively deleted his importance from the Vision's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have a feeling Woo could appear in Agent Carter at some point.

I'm not sure if he's popular, but I'm gonna say Wonder Man. Not really a solo player and at the same time I don't think he's gonna be a big priority push to include in future Avengers movies. Plus they've effectively deleted his importance from the Vision's origin.
    I'd say he's as popular as a B-list hero can be, and as a classic Avenger, but a fair point on why he probably won't be showing up anytime soon.

Grim Reaper has a much better chance of showing up, and I could potentially see Simon at least being mentioned in relation to him.

That makes no sense.

How does this third party own Imperious Rex??

Not acknowledging his "mutant" history is an easy enough fix.

I think Universal should go for it though. Admittedly they have some pretty big franchises of their own but a Namor film could be a lot of fun.
    I too am curious about this third party. I would speculate that it is strictly comic book related. Do note I put "assumed", because at that point I was unsure if they were still talking about FOX.

I can see Universal loosening the reins and mayhaps help Marvel in some character rights.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post

Fox does not have the rights to all mutants. The have film rights to the X-Men and its cast of characters. It just so happens that most mutants are X-Men characters. Fox was not sold explicit rights to "mutants," but they won a case where they sued Marvel (strangely enough) because their use of the word "mutant" was deemed to be copyright infringement since it could cause brand confusion with the X-Men. (SNIP)

Kevin Feige has stated explicitly that Marvel holds the film rights to Namor but that there would be complications involved with making it. [source] (SNIP)
    Thanks for the additional info.

I am, however, half expecting for FOX to pull a jerk move and indeed claim characters that were in crossover events- to be a part of the X-Men brand.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.