Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have a feeling Woo could appear in Agent Carter at some point.

I'm not sure if he's popular, but I'm gonna say Wonder Man. Not really a solo player and at the same time I don't think he's gonna be a big priority push to include in future Avengers movies. Plus they've effectively deleted his importance from the Vision's origin.
    The thing Wonder Man has going for him though is he is an easy character to pull off on TV pretty cheaply as long as they go with his original look. No special effects need except for his eyes and most of the time Simon used to wear sunglasses to hide that anyway.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Galactus and Doctor Doom (Don't say they appeared in the movies, cuz they didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Do you not think Helen Cho was in AoU for a reason..?
    Yeah sure so they wouldn't have to have Amadeus Cho in the movie. Helen Cho, the Asian tech lady from Avengers 2, was there as a plot device and I believe as a possible love interest for Thor in the future.

Unlike the Helen Cho from the 616, she doesn't appear to be married(no wedding ring that I could notice), no sign or mention of her 2 kids, don't recall her speaking with a thick Korean accent(she emigrated to America only after being married to Mr. Cho(nowhere to be seen either)) and she looked pretty young to have a teenaged son.

So yeah there was a Helen Cho in Avengers 2 but it definitely wasn't the eomma Helen Cho from the 616.

And come on, be honest. Do you really think Amadeus Cho will be in Avengers 3? Come on. However there's pretty good odds that the Asian tech lady will be featured in more Marvel movies though. Probably in Thor 3 since Nathalie Portman may be getting a bit expensive.

Astonishing Member

I hope people are wrong about Hercules and Wonder Man. They're two of my favorites.

Mar-vell! The one and only Captain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Mar-vell! The one and only Captain!!
    I don't know why people keep saying this. He's definitely going to appear in the movie in some capacity. They're not going to have Carol get her powers from out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying this. He's definitely going to appear in the movie in some capacity. They're not going to have Carol get her powers from out of thin air.
    Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?
    Hey, even I'm a little worried about them removing Mar-Vell from Carol's origin and story entirely.

But considering Marvell pretty much put the kibbosh on Kelly Sue Deconnick's plans for one her first Captain Marvel arcs, which would've seen Carol alter the events of her origin and remove Mar-Vell's involvement in her gaining her powers in favor of Carol giving her past self her powers, and that even now it's canon she got her powers from him even if she doesn't remember it, I think it's likely that we'll still see the original (Marvel) Captain Marvel on screen .
    Last edited by Frontier; 06-26-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Yeah sure so they wouldn't have to have Amadeus Cho in the movie. Helen Cho, the Asian tech lady from Avengers 2, was there as a plot device and I believe as a possible love interest for Thor in the future.

Unlike the Helen Cho from the 616, she doesn't appear to be married(no wedding ring that I could notice), no sign or mention of her 2 kids, don't recall her speaking with a thick Korean accent(she emigrated to America only after being married to Mr. Cho(nowhere to be seen either)) and she looked pretty young to have a teenaged son.

So yeah there was a Helen Cho in Avengers 2 but it definitely wasn't the eomma Helen Cho from the 616.

And come on, be honest. Do you really think Amadeus Cho will be in Avengers 3? Come on. However there's pretty good odds that the Asian tech lady will be featured in more Marvel movies though. Probably in Thor 3 since Nathalie Portman may be getting a bit expensive.
    She wasn't even a plot device; she was completely superfluous, leading me to believe that the only reason she was there would be to eventually introduce Amadeus. Helen Cho's only purpose in the comics is to provide a background story for Amadeus. Her marital status is really irrelevant. If they can make Hawkeye married with children, I'm pretty sure it's not outside the realm of possibilities to mix things up for a character with like 5 comic appearances. In fact, they already have since she isn't a scientist in the comics. There are dozens of scientists who could have easily taken her place (Hank Pym being the most obvious), so why take an unknown character and work her into AoU by making her a scientist and giving her useless role in an already character-dense film? As a love interest for Thor? Why a random character's mom when it could be Sif, Valkyrie, Enchantress, Roz Solomon, etc.? I'm not saying that Amadeus is going to be in the next Avengers movie, what I'm saying is that Helen is Chekov's gun.

She wasn't even a plot device; she was completely superfluous, leading me to believe that the only reason she was there would be to eventually introduce Amadeus. Helen Cho's only purpose in the comics is to provide a background story for Amadeus. Her marital status is really irrelevant. If they can make Hawkeye married with children, I'm pretty sure it's not outside the realm of possibilities to mix things up for a character with like 5 comic appearances. In fact, they already have since she isn't a scientist in the comics. There are dozens of scientists who could have easily taken her place (Hank Pym being the most obvious), so why take an unknown character and work her into AoU by making her a scientist and giving her useless role in an already character-dense film? As a love interest for Thor? Why a random character's mom when it could be Sif, Valkyrie, Enchantress, Roz Solomon, etc.? I'm not saying that Amadeus is going to be in the next Avengers movie, what I'm saying is that Helen is Chekov's gun.
    I'd feel pretty bad for Sif if Thor moved on to another love interest from Midgard...not to mention I've been waiting for Enchantress to show up since The Dark World .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, even I'm a little worried about them removing Mar-Vell from Carol's origin and story entirely.

But considering Marvell pretty much put the kibbosh on Kelly Sue Deconnick's plans for one her first Captain Marvel arcs, which would've seen Carol alter the events of her origin and remove Mar-Vell's involvement in her gaining her powers in favor of Carol giving her past self her powers, and that even now it's canon she got her powers from him even if she doesn't remember it, I think it's likely that we'll still see the original (Marvel) Captain Marvel on screen .
    Movies and comics are different beasts, though.

Fantastic Member

Doom.

"But wasn't he in--"

No.

"But he's going to be in--"

No he's not. What you talking about?

She-Hulk, Alpha Flight and Squadron Supreme seem to be the best answers I've seen.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Right. It's clear they're playing the long game with certain things in the universe to set up other properties down the line.

Wanna bet?
    Yup. He will be in the film, just not as the lead.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I'd say Moon Knight but I'm fairly positive that he'll get at least a TV show. Sitwell mentioned Cairo in TWS and Marvel's been pushing MK a bit with MNOW! Besides, if the Netflix shows are well received I don't see why Jessica Jones should get one and Moon Knight shouldn't. He's a perfect fit for television. Think about it, the current series is a blend of CSI (the detective work), Supernatural (the supernatural stuff), Arrow (the super-heroic roots) and The Raid-esque films (the brutality and fight scenes).
    Moon Knight might work as a Netflix show, but probably not on the big screen. With all the identities, the is-he-or-isn't-he-a-divine-avatar (or just crazy), he's a bit difficult to compress into 2 or 3 hours in a compelling way; the story's just not as clean as the core of Batman's or Daredevil's.

It could make for a cool series, where the focus starts out on MK's supporting cast, initially showing us each of the different identities through their eyes, and slowly peeling back the layers of mystery and shifting the focus to the core character. Very Shadow-esque. If I were writing it, I think I'd never definitively answer the question of which of the identities is the real MK, and maybe even cast doubt on whether its any of them.