Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Underused Villains

Just thought I’d set up a quick thread, doing what the title suggests. What/who are some underused villains who have yet to be modernised or just simply don’t make appearances anymore?

One of my favourites is The Fury from Captain Marvel. Really surprised no ones ever really picked up on it and used it. It’d be cool seeing it up against Iron Man or even heavier-hitting heroes.

Some others -
    Count Nefaria
    The Hood (still believe he should have a solo title and abit of a revamp to get away from the overdone Bendis version)
    The Mole Man
    Sauron

#StevilDidNothingWrong
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Shellshock and Turner D Century - both Scourge victims but the latter was brought back from the dead - i have ideas to revamp both characters in entertaining ways

Turner should definitely be mentoring some kind of alt-right pseudo hipster incel budding gimmick villain. and they should introduce the "original" Shellshock who is actually some kind of Boba Fett figure from the Microverse who had been providing the Psycho-Man with a steady stream of test subjects but got arrested/imprisoned for awhile. Psycho-Man gave his gun and helmet to some Earth loser who went on to get killed by Scourge. the original would take his stuff back and become an active freelancer in the macroverse to reclaim his rep. he'd be very alien-looking beneath the costume; mostly fangs and tendril (like something you'd find at the bottom of the ocean or under a microscope).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #StevilDidNothingWrong
    he really didn't. i'd say that he was more committed to keeping 'Merica safe than the original Steve Rogers.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    . . . One of my favourites is The Fury from Captain Marvel. Really surprised no ones ever really picked up on it and used it. It’d be cool seeing it up against Iron Man or even heavier-hitting heroes.
    The Fury? From Captain Marvel?

I can find someone (something?) called "The Fury"
    who fought Captain Britain (using the GCD search function),

but which Fury / which Captain Marvel are you referring to?

D’oh! I meant Captain Britain. That is The Fury I meant.

Some of these guys are around but just aren't used nearly as much as they should/could be:

Flag-Smasher
    Blastaar
    Diablo
    Mr. Fear
    Ulik
    Red Ghost
    Leader
    Jester
    Umar
    U-Man
    Baron Blood
    Stegron
    Attuma
    Oddball
    The Eye
    Swarm
    Basilisk
    Mr. Hyde
    Blackwing
    Dr. Demonicus
    Scarecrow

Extraordinary Member

Everyone, all villains aren't used enough.

How Mr Fear never returned in the pages of Daredevil after what he did to Milla really baffles me. Always expected some sort of rematch and victory for Matt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Some of these guys are around but just aren't used nearly as much as they should/could be:

Flag-Smasher
    Blastaar
    Diablo
    Mr. Fear
    Ulik
    Red Ghost
    Leader
    Jester
    Umar
    U-Man
    Baron Blood
    Stegron
    Attuma
    Oddball
    The Eye
    Swarm
    Basilisk
    Mr. Hyde
    Blackwing
    Dr. Demonicus
    Scarecrow
    Several of these guys feel like they've never really gotten their due.

Blastaar has come close, but could go further, leading an invasion from the Negative Zone (through the portal in Four Freedoms Plaza, now the center of his kingdom on Earth, centered around a devastated New York City).

Attuma is another with potential armies, who never seems to get the gold. Namor has invaded the surface world, it seems, more than his 'villain.'

I always loved Diablo's mystical chops. And he's shown some insane potential. Turning an entire town into Hulks as a distraction? Yikes!

Both the Red Ghost and the Leader (along with the Wizard) *should* have gotten the 'evil genius mastermind' roles that went to comparative dullards like Norman Osborne and Otto Octavius. (Although Otto has at least had some brilliant stories come out of it!)

Umar has too often been 'Dormammu's sister,' and her own stories kind of subordinate to family politics. She's either supporting her brother, replacing her brother, or being replaced in turn by her daughter, but since Dormammu *always* comes back, and *always* ends up in charge again, she seriously needs to find her own 'Dark Dimension' to rule, rather than temporarily babysitting someone else's throne while he's away.

And the Basilisk. I wait and wait for the Omega Stone to turn into something to do with the Kree and Skrulls and their various cosmic schemes, and for him to get dragged into the Marvel Cosmic side of things, alongside Earth folk like Richard Ryder/Nova and Heather Douglas/Moondragon and Frankie Raye/Supernova. But no. Squandered potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Several of these guys feel like they've never really gotten their due.

Blastaar has come close, but could go further, leading an invasion from the Negative Zone (through the portal in Four Freedoms Plaza, now the center of his kingdom on Earth, centered around a devastated New York City).

Attuma is another with potential armies, who never seems to get the gold. Namor has invaded the surface world, it seems, more than his 'villain.'

I always loved Diablo's mystical chops. And he's shown some insane potential. Turning an entire town into Hulks as a distraction? Yikes!

Both the Red Ghost and the Leader (along with the Wizard) *should* have gotten the 'evil genius mastermind' roles that went to comparative dullards like Norman Osborne and Otto Octavius. (Although Otto has at least had some brilliant stories come out of it!)

Umar has too often been 'Dormammu's sister,' and her own stories kind of subordinate to family politics. She's either supporting her brother, replacing her brother, or being replaced in turn by her daughter, but since Dormammu *always* comes back, and *always* ends up in charge again, she seriously needs to find her own 'Dark Dimension' to rule, rather than temporarily babysitting someone else's throne while he's away.

And the Basilisk. I wait and wait for the Omega Stone to turn into something to do with the Kree and Skrulls and their various cosmic schemes, and for him to get dragged into the Marvel Cosmic side of things, alongside Earth folk like Richard Ryder/Nova and Heather Douglas/Moondragon and Frankie Raye/Supernova. But no. Squandered potential!
    honestly, i'd rather a new character with connections to the kree side of things rip the stone out Basil's body and become the new Basilisk. then he or she could be whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    D’oh! I meant Captain Britain. That is The Fury I meant.
    Problem with the fury is that he is too powerful, if he was allowed to go at Full Power, all super beings would be dead.

For me, it would have to the Looter, Loot, Loot Loot

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Problem with the fury is that he is too powerful, if he was allowed to go at Full Power, all super beings would be dead.

For me, it would have to the Looter, Loot, Loot Loot

[IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/4FnUJ8bauM-_UN51zgeGqwIncqyow5q2pHDrsxvIRKLfwP70m0Kxx5gj8HIIH T3CvXkUM_SjK6Tk=s1600[/
    he's in rehab after being beaten near do death by Superior Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's in rehab after being beaten near do death by Superior Spider-man.
    Yeah, didn't like that story