Mighty Member

Default If the world blows up...

Is the Superman version of today invulnerable to survive?

Mighty Member

Invulnerable enough to survive?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yeah. I'd say he could tank it, but he'd knock himself out and wake up concussed more than likely.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This is actually the reason they changed the source of Superman's powers from "Kryptonians are just like that" to "only under a yellow sun or in Earth's lighter gravity" in the first place. Originally, everyone from Krypton was hella strong and durable, but as Superman got stronger and stronger, eventually his writers realized that if every Kryptonian was as invincible as the Man of Tomorrow, they'd all have survived Krypton's destruction and found another planet to live on, or even just lived in space! So as a quick and dirty retcon, a Kryptonian had to spend some time on Earth to become Super!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

yes,in newly superman issue,jon already tanked a black hole,and jon only a child.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    This is actually the reason they changed the source of Superman's powers from "Kryptonians are just like that" to "only under a yellow sun or in Earth's lighter gravity" in the first place. Originally, everyone from Krypton was hella strong and durable, but as Superman got stronger and stronger, eventually his writers realized that if every Kryptonian was as invincible as the Man of Tomorrow, they'd all have survived Krypton's destruction and found another planet to live on, or even just lived in space! So as a quick and dirty retcon, a Kryptonian had to spend some time on Earth to become Super!
    That is a great explanation for the change! Thanks!

I never knew why they made the change nor ever heard it explained. Now it makes sense.

Mighty Member

I don't think I ever knew that, either!

I definitely think Clark could take the destruction of a planet and survive. Probably without serious injury too. He might be scrapped up some, but nothing too serious.

He spent two months in space after flying out of a black hole, so if he can withstand that (and I do believe that must still be in-continuity, yeah?) he can withstand a planet exploding.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Technically they could have made it that all the other Kryptonians who weren't in shielded rockets and being propelled away by those rockets died because of all that kryptonite created at the moment the planet exploded-

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Didn't he tank an explosion of a planet without a scratch in the previous run.