Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I was pretty much talking about in terms of pure strength. It was just insane just how easily Supes was batting around Darkseid and Darkseid being damn near helpless the whole way through. It was just through pulling out a sneaky last minute weapon that Darkseid got the upper hand.

As for Lex, he saved the day due to his intellect and being able to endure the Anti-Life Equation.
    That would have been a great ending if they let Superman emulsify Darkseid - I remember the first time I saw that episode called "DESTROYER" I said to myself at the time (finally Superman cuts loose and shows his true power) - until that silly agony matrix of Darkseid, like throwing sand in someone's eyes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    but Supes lost that fight. Lex came to save the day in a different way.

Like I said, for me Superman should be the strongest superhero, otherwise what's his specialty? His niche, his thing? His kind heart? So all the others can have a niche but he doesn't? Don't like it at all.
    He's never at a disadvantage. So he can fight Diana evenly or better without any weapons or training. He can tackle a case as well as Bruce in many cases without the schooling, tools, or psychological profile.

I think it's easy for me to get from a lifetime of video games: in a game with stats from 1 to 10, Superman is at least an 8 across the board. Which in competitive game terms would lose players, because that character would be too good. Sure enough he was virtually written out of the first two years of JLA stories, because there would be kryptonite fog on the premises, or a magical barrier blocking him or something.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...HDHjOU&ampcf=1
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    He's never at a disadvantage. So he can fight Diana evenly or better without any weapons or training. He can tackle a case as well as Bruce in many cases without the schooling, tools, or psychological profile.

I think it's easy for me to get from a lifetime of video games: in a game with stats from 1 to 10, Superman is at least an 8 across the board. Which in competitive game terms would lose players, because that character would be too good. Sure enough he was virtually written out of the first two years of JLA stories, because there would be kryptonite fog on the premises, or a magical barrier blocking him or something.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...HDHjOU&ampcf=1
    I remember all of those stories thanks...Kryptonite, Magic and Red Sun, at least two of those weakness just have to go bye..bye!

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I think Superman should be the strongest flying brick around, the strongest guy in that regard. he's the original All Might of his universe, and he deserves the title of being the strongest guy around legitimately. Wonder Woman is not as strong as him, and once she teaches him how to fight beyond being a self-taught boxer that advantage of hers regarding being a martial artist is nullified. so once he cuts loose he should easily curb-stomp her.

And Shazam/Captain Marvel is basically partially cheating by using magic.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I think Superman should be the strongest flying brick around, the strongest guy in that regard. he's the original All Might of his universe, and he deserves the title of being the strongest guy around legitimately. Wonder Woman is not as strong as him, and once she teaches him how to fight beyond being a self-taught boxer that advantage of hers regarding being a martial artist is nullified. so once he cuts loose he should easily curb-stomp her.

Wouldn't that just make Wonder Woman a supporting character in Superman's story? That's like saying the most inspiring woman isn't as important as the most inspiring man.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    That would have been a great ending if they let Superman emulsify Darkseid - I remember the first time I saw that episode called "DESTROYER" I said to myself at the time (finally Superman cuts loose and shows his true power) - until that silly agony matrix of Darkseid, like throwing sand in someone's eyes.
    While I don't think Superman should be able to just stomp Darkseid, save perhaps for silver age lunacy, he really did go out like a chump. Everyone loves that "world of cardboard" speech but I can't get into it because he hits Darkseid twice and then gets put down promptly with some deus ex machina. It happens so quickly it comes across more as a joke than anything else.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wouldn't that just make Wonder Woman a supporting character in Superman's story? That's like saying the most inspiring woman isn't as important as the most inspiring man.
    Not as much as having her directly date him supposedly would.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

It's not a cheat if it's a power you have.

You might as well call Superman cheat by being powerful.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think her teaching him some of her skills would automatically result in him curb stomping her. It would make him even more of a challenge for her in a fight, but I don't see how he'd be able to implement those skills as well as her since she'd be teaching him as an adult whereas she learned them as a child.

None of them are cheating, Captain Marvel getting his powers is no more cheating than Superman getting his from the sun or Wonder Woman getting them from divine blessings.

I think Superman has to be in the top levels at all places. Super strength, super speed, super intelligence and so on.

I am not so much bothered about him not being the strongest. As long as the talk remains that he is at the top 3 or 5. But there shall not be clear answers about who is the strongest. Something i prefer with the competition between Flash and Superman. There is no clear winner. But both are at the top echleons when it comes to speed.

I don't prefer definite answers. Superman is as strong as he needs to be. Put him in GA setting, and there maybe a select few who could be stronger then a locomotive.

Thus, Superman's strength basically becomes limitless. It suits him too as his strength actually grows over time.

Not as much as having her directly date him supposedly would.
    So yes, then.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Neither of them are regular features in each others stories. So him being stronger would not make her a supporting player in his story, she isn't even in his story. More importantly, he isn't in hers. She's the only inspiring hero that matters in her book.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Neither of them are regular features in each others stories. So him being stronger would not make her a supporting player in his story, she isn't even in his story. More importantly, he isn't in hers. She's the only inspiring hero that matters in her book.
    They're both regulars in the Justice League, and two-thirds of the Trinity.

Astonishing Member

They're both regulars in the Justice League, and two-thirds of the Trinity.
    Which doesn't seem to hurt the least powerful member of the Trinity, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Which doesn't seem to hurt the least powerful member of the Trinity, now does it?
    Mic drop.

Well done!