Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default War of the realms: Spider-man & the league of realms!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ague-of-realms

Finally, I was hoping that Spider-Man had a role in this event at difference of all the previous ones, I also love this team, and now Spidey is going to lead, I swear I was hoping for something like this for Spider-Man in this story, he with a group of beings of other realms, from this moment I'm calling it, the representative of Asgard is going to be Lady Sif or Cul Borson, What do you guys think?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Spider-Man prove his chops as a leader within the larger Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Has Sean Ryan written Spider-Man before? I feel like he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last three issues of Spectacular Spider-Man, #311-313, which tied into Spider-Geddon and had Peter facing off with Morlun.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, he wrote the Amazing Spider-Man Annual after Superior Spider-Man, and the story of Spider-Man vs Morlun duirng Spider-Geddon.

If he does write Spider-Man like he did against Morlun, then I'm glad he writes him again, I loved how Peter fought with everything he had and the total crazyness and action, especially with Morlun thrashing Spidey through all New York, and he kept fighting until defeating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Yeah, he wrote the Amazing Spider-Man Annual after Superior Spider-Man, and the story of Spider-Man vs Morlun duirng Spider-Geddon.

If he does write Spider-Man like he did against Morlun, then I'm glad he writes him again, I loved how Peter fought with everything he had and the total crazyness and action, especially with Morlun thrashing Spidey through all New York, and he kept fighting until defeating him.
    And his final speech to Morlun when he did manage to overcome him was great, too. Loved how he basically took all the piss out of Morlun.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And his final speech to Morlun when he did manage to overcome him was great, too. Loved how he basically took all the piss out of Morlun.
    Definitely, I hope he also says a speech in there too, earning the respect of his fellow warriors, besides who do you think will be the representative of Asgard?

I'm kind of surprised they're giving Peter his own mini tie-in when Miles already has his own tie-in to this event and Peter's pretty prominently displayed in other areas of this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post

So I guess he's the official Peter Parker tie-in writer .

(I saw some scans of that fight. The "ya basic" seemed a little too hipster/millennial for something I could see Peter saying, but that's neither here nor there).

I guess this might make up for his lack of leadership moments in both Spider-Verse stories, although off-hand this seems like it could very easily turn into a joke book.

I'm kind of surprised they're giving Peter his own mini tie-in when Miles already has his own tie-in to this event and Peter's pretty prominently displayed in other areas of this story.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

The ragtag group has assembled...but who will represent Asgard? And since Spidey is such a terrible leader, does this cross-realm team-up have any chance at survival, let alone success?!
    Not really a fan of that bit, but overall I'm glad Peter is getting something of importance to do in this series. Hopefully he has a crucial/important role.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by [
    Every time the League gets together, there are fatalities. People don’t always make it out of this because these guys get into some heavy stuff.
    This seems very promising, I wonder how will Peter react if one of his new teammates dies.
    Last edited by Jonathangoop1811; 02-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Damn if Peter is leading Cul Borson that sounds super badass
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

The most exciting about this for me is Nico Leon doing the art. I loved his work on Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel, and the latter has an especially "otherworldly" feel that would be perfect for this kind of setting and these kinds of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The most exciting about this for me is Nico Leon doing the art. I loved his work on Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel, and the latter has an especially "otherworldly" feel that would be perfect for this kind of setting and these kinds of characters.
    Does this count as "jumping ship" since he was more of a Miles artist ?

Spectacular Member

I loved the first issue, it clearly demostrated that Spider-Man greatest tool is his empathy and wishing to help others.