Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Green Hornet movie that was made a few years ago. It wasn't just as bad as people said. To quote Han Solo: "It's worse." The 1960s television show is in no danger of being replaced as the best version and no other version is now in danger of being remembered as the worst version thanks to that movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Green Hornet movie that was made a few years ago. It wasn't just as bad as people said. To quote Han Solo: "It's worse." The 1960s television show is in no danger of being replaced as the best version and no other version is now in danger of being remembered as the worst version thanks to that movie.
    Oh yes, sadly I actually paid to see that one. You know how after seeing a film you often don't want to pick at it's flaws until the next day? You wish to pretend that one did indeed enjoy it, if only for the night? My Wife and I tore it to pieces on the drive home.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Deleted post.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-14-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Battlefield Earth... I don't know what they were aiming for with this but it definitely didn't do what it set out to do.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Battlefield Earth... I don't know what they were aiming for with this but it definitely didn't do what it set out to do.
    John Travolta may have had worse roles than this, but I suspect he's STILL living down that unholy dumpster fire.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Kevin Smith must be furious that everytime he makes a Nerd movie script it gets passed over for a piece of ****. I mean he makes it back in comic book adaption sales but still....

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

A few that I can think of:
    • Alien vs Predator: Requiem. What a freaking disaster. Not only are the characters and plot complete garbage, but the movie's so damn dark that you can't see anything. I know they wanted to use the "it's scarier when you don't see the monster" approach, but that only works if the monster isn't a hugely recognized, marketable monster. It'd be like if they tried to make a Wolfman movie without ever actually showing the Wolfman. What a waste of time.
    • Timeline. It's heart-breaking that my favorite Michael Crichton novel was turned into a craptastic movie. Not even Gerard Butler and Billy Connolly can save this one.

I'm sure I'll come up with more as the day goes on, but those are the two that jump out at me right now.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    A few that I can think of:
    • Alien vs Predator: Requiem. What a freaking disaster. Not only are the characters and plot complete garbage, but the movie's so damn dark that you can't see anything. I know they wanted to use the "it's scarier when you don't see the monster" approach, but that only works if the monster isn't a hugely recognized, marketable monster. It'd be like if they tried to make a Wolfman movie without ever actually showing the Wolfman. What a waste of time.
    • Timeline. It's heart-breaking that my favorite Michael Crichton novel was turned into a craptastic movie. Not even Gerard Butler and Billy Connolly can save this one.

I'm sure I'll come up with more as the day goes on, but those are the two that jump out at me right now.
    Requiem from what I heard was an absolute disaster to film.

The towns they filmed in constantly charged them ridiculous prices to film there and gave them huge restrictions on where and when to shoot. As a result of this in the opening of the film, all Predators and their props are reused and modified assets from AVP 2004. The PredAlien chestburster being a modified puppet used later in the movie because of losing the other one due to what is believed to be a legal battle at the time. The costumes, notably the Predator, actually had to be held together using zip ties due to a lack of money in its production. And to make matters worse the filming got hampered by an actual theft of one of the Alien costumes.

The darkness being a result of the lighting conditions they had been forced to work with due to the town they filmed in. And even when on set they also couldn't do certain lighting techniques because of threat to the actors in some scenes where the areas are actually flooded.

Some of the actors are indeed actually pregnant during filming and that required complicated shooting schedules and to do things like the belly bursters

The Predalien even got added last minute because it was supposed to die in the crash at the start of the film and some scenes it got featured in ultimately weren't for it. That meant that the crew had to scramble to figure out how to implement it which is why despite it being the central antagonist has very little to do besides run from Wolf. It also fundamentally altered the ending because they spent so much money accounting for it and the town that the snippet with Yutani got cut down immensely which was supposed to be setup for a third film in a Predator war torn Africa.

Moral of the story is never let Fox give you shooting instructions because they constantly **** it up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Honestly the book sucks, too. The first half or so is actually pretty good but the second half (which seemed to be the movie's main focus) is terrible.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.