Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Intent and execution are two different things. Iíll believe it when I see it
    Wow shots fired.

Jdw is playing a sad song on his ukulele lol

I wish our fearless editors played electic guitar or the drums.

Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    What are folks' impressions about Dept X/The X-Tremists so far? They're Nate's enforcers, and could be read as secondary villains at this point - is any of that tamping down on any anticipation you might have had for their book as you lose sympathy for the characters, or is it making you more curious about how they see this world and their role in it?
    More curious, definitely.

Deep down in places they don't talk about at parties, they want to be enforcers. They need to be enforcers.
    "Physics is the strongest one there is" -Hulk, Infinity Wars #6

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    What are folks' impressions about Dept X/The X-Tremists so far? They're Nate's enforcers, and could be read as secondary villains at this point - is any of that tamping down on any anticipation you might have had for their book as you lose sympathy for the characters, or is it making you more curious about how they see this world and their role in it?
    Never had that much sympathy for the team concept, and I say this as someone who likes Northstar and Iceman as characters. Not in the "this is a bad idea for a book" sense, but "these people are all assholes in this world and I'll enjoy the team for being assholes". Department X always looked like something insidious, so I'm actually looking forward to them being creepy and the book having some unsettling behavior.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Never had that much sympathy for the team concept, and I say this as someone who likes Northstar and Iceman as characters. Not in the "this is a bad idea for a book" sense, but "these people are all assholes in this world and I'll enjoy the team for being assholes". Department X always looked like something insidious, so I'm actually looking forward to them being creepy and the book having some unsettling behavior.
    Yeah, they're assholes, but that isn't them, it's Nate. Nate is the creepy asshole.

My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar

My original thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... Prisoner X & the X-Tracts for me, most definitely. X-Tremists also, to a lesser degree, 'cause premise-wise: rebels > enforcers. They all look & sound interesting enough tho, IMO.
    ... haven't changed. I'm hoping the enforcers wake-up eventually tho, and turn on Nate, which they probably will
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍AoXM:PrisonerXtracts&Xtremists+UncannyWotR