Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Do you guys think Nate Grey can be redeemed after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If Bishop can be redeemed after that clusterfuck, then sure, why not? Will anyone care enough to put in the work is the question.

They can always blame the Life Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They can always blame the Life Seed.
    I feel like I must have totally missed this, but has it ever really been established wtf the life seed is? The only thing I remember is X-Man bringing it up out of nowhere in Disassembled and hearing that in the AoXM people believe that Hope used it to make everyone a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    I feel like I must have totally missed this, but has it ever really been established wtf the life seed is? The only thing I remember is X-Man bringing it up out of nowhere in Disassembled and hearing that in the AoXM people believe that Hope used it to make everyone a mutant.
    The Life Seed is a concept that Remender introduced in his Uncanny X-Force run. It's the opposite of a Death Seed. They're Celestial artifacts that are used to create life and guide evolution on planets.

Apocalypse used the Death Seeds to create his Horsemen of Death (Archangel, Psylocke, Banshee, Daken, Grim Reaper and Sentry all had them).

A Life Seed broke that influence on Archangel, erased both his Angel and Archangel personalities, and gave him new powers. He was able to shoot energy blasts, heal and resurrect people, and channel that energy into flying supersonic speeds.

No clue where X-Man got a Life Seed, or how it let him create those giant animals

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Life Seed is a concept that Remender introduced in his Uncanny X-Force run. It's the opposite of a Death Seed. They're Celestial artifacts that are used to create life and guide evolution on planets.

Apocalypse used the Death Seeds to create his Horsemen of Death (Archangel, Psylocke, Banshee, Daken, Grim Reaper and Sentry all had them).

The Life Seed broke that influence on Archangel, erased both his Angel and Archangel personalities, and gave him new powers. He was able to shoot energy blasts, heal and resurrect people, and channel that energy into flying supersonic speeds.
    Wow thank you for the explanation! That makes things much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

A Life Seed broke that influence on Archangel, erased both his Angel and Archangel personalities, and gave him new powers. He was able to shoot energy blasts, heal and resurrect people, and channel that energy into flying supersonic speeds.

No clue where X-Man got a Life Seed, or how it let him create those giant animals
    Exactly, if it could erase the personality of Archangel, they can always say that by using Life Seed trying to heal himself, Nate Grey went crazy or was not himself.

x-men are always forgiving, but this one will be hard to accept

I think he will have to earn redemption from himself.
    Bendis' 05 reckoning thing only different...one man in the mirror...for five issues. Alone. Solo book. The Man Who Fell to Earth and then got up Limping.
    Last edited by sungila; 04-06-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

No, this is pretty much destroying his character and any chance of being usable in the future, X-Man was pretty much ruined by Ellis but Nadler/Thompson thought that was a good story and want to mess Nate up more

Age of X-Man is **** for everyone involved, just like Counter X was

He better be. This fascist Jesus has nothing to do with the real Nate.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It will be difficult but there have been worse character assassinations. I'm sure he can be redeemed with a retcon. Also these may be 616 characters but this is an AU, most of these stuff is out of character for everybody
    though it is weird he was character assassinated by two writers who supposedly are big fans of him

Spectacular Member

I don't think so. They ran him over with the bus and then backed up over and over. Listening to the writers talk about gay rage and being put back in the closet by Nate seems like its impossible to give him a pass. They have not just made him into a villain but the worst person that has ever existed. This isn't Apocalypse wants to destroy the world or Magento wanting to kill humans. They are dealing with racism, sexism, bigotry and the kitchen sink with Nate being the main cause for all of it. I could understand if this was pitched with someone that didn't like the character but this was pitched by people who said that he was the reason they got into comics. If they make him look this bad, I'm not sure how someone who is not a fan or doesn't care can ever do something with the character. The only way I can see him surviving is that it doesn't turn out to be him but then that would make the situation even crazier.

The event has already redeemed X-Man's very existence.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think he's fine. Scarlet Witch did way worse and is still an Avenger. Either way, there's always the possibility that he dies and it doesn't matter.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia