Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default #DCEASED & Superman

Tom Taylor has been leaving cryptic tweets and FB posts regarding something known as #DCEASED. He mentions the Justice Leauge and Superman in them

“It was, perhaps, the League’s finest hour. It was their last together.”
    #DCEASED
    https://www.facebook.com/TomTaylorWr...26733310670390

“…it was a sound no one had ever heard before. It was the sound of a Superman breaking the jaw of a God.”#DCEASED

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...eid-dceased%2F

Astonishing Member

I'm cautiously intrigued.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Looks like DC’s take on Marvel Zombies.

Seen one aspect talked about a little bit and just wanted to mention, its probably not a good idea to get too worked up over the "a Superman" thing. This has been done before. "A Superman" gives a little formality to the prose, as if someone is telling this story as a long-ago legend. "This was the day a Superman died" for instance is the way Superman #75 ended. It very probably is not meant to lead to questions of "is it Injustice Superman?" or "could it be Jon?" or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd personally love to have reason to theorize that its my Morrison Superman myself. Its just not likely is all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It seems I was wrong. This appears to be some sort of mainstream series he's doing. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by superduperman; 02-13-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder if this is an Injustice thing. Is he still writing that?
    I think the Injustice Universe story officially ended with the Masters of the Universe miniseries. And Taylor has said that the Injustice 2 Annual was his last Injustice story. This appears to be something separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think the Injustice Universe story officially ended with the Masters of the Universe miniseries. And Taylor has said that the Injustice 2 Annual was his last Injustice story. This appears to be something separate.
    Is that canon? I didn't think that was canon.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Injustice coming to a swift end because of He-Man ought to pave the way for Doctor Manhattan to be confronted by Matt Trakker.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is that canon? I didn't think that was canon.
    I assumed it was, it built off the premise of the "official" game ending much like Injustice 2 built off the ending of 1. If you chose Superman, I mean. Are they really doing AU's for AU's now?

BANNED

Are they really doing AU's for AU's now?
    Infinite multiverses exist in DC.

I think it’s the Death of Darkseid.

BANNED

He was already "killed" in Mister Miracle (likely why we got the "Darksied WAS" teaser as a nod to that)

I assumed it was, it built off the premise of the "official" game ending much like Injustice 2 built off the ending of 1. If you chose Superman, I mean. Are they really doing AU's for AU's now?
    We know there was a crossover with the Masters of the Universe and the mainstream DCU a few years back during the New 52 era. And in the Injustice mini He-Man had never met Superman or been to Earth before so who knows how they're playing this out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Didn't Superman already kill Darkseid in Final Crisis or something?

I still think that particular kill ought to belong to Orion by divine right.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."