Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Didn't Superman already kill Darkseid in Final Crisis or something?

I still think that particular kill ought to belong to Orion by divine right.
    Orion did kill Darkseid in Countdown, but nobody liked Countdown. Also, Darkseid's death allowed him to begin his plan to destroy the universe, all because Orion was too bull-headed to consider the consequences. It was only thanks to Superman and the Miracle Machine that the universe survived. Yes, Orion fulfilled his divine destiny but he almost ruined everything for everyone. So, thanks for nothing, Orion. Hope the adrenaline rush was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I assumed it was, it built off the premise of the "official" game ending much like Injustice 2 built off the ending of 1. If you chose Superman, I mean. Are they really doing AU's for AU's now?
    I think the "canon" ending was the Batman ending in Injustice 2, so the MoTU comic was probably just to cap off the Superman ending.

Incredible Member

Did Darkseid die in Darkseid War? I can't remember.

Yeah, but he was reborn in the vessel of Superwoman and Alexander Luthor's baby. His daughter Grail then took him and he later returned to form by feeding off the energy of Old Gods that Grail killed for him (Robinson's Wonder Woman).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nothing really grabbing my interest here. Seems like another edgy Elseworld from Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Orion did kill Darkseid in Countdown, but nobody liked Countdown. Also, Darkseid's death allowed him to begin his plan to destroy the universe, all because Orion was too bull-headed to consider the consequences. It was only thanks to Superman and the Miracle Machine that the universe survived. Yes, Orion fulfilled his divine destiny but he almost ruined everything for everyone. So, thanks for nothing, Orion. Hope the adrenaline rush was worth it.
    I wasn't talking about Orion killing Darkseid in Countdown (though frankly the fact that they treated Orion as that bloody stupid was one major reason I personally didn't like Countdown), I was talking about how Superman killed Darkseid in Final Crisis. By singing at him, I thought. Did he not die, am I misremembering that? I could be misremembering that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I wasn't talking about Orion killing Darkseid in Countdown (though frankly the fact that they treated Orion as that bloody stupid was one major reason I personally didn't like Countdown), I was talking about how Superman killed Darkseid in Final Crisis. By singing at him, I thought. Did he not die, am I misremembering that? I could be misremembering that.
    Yes, but Darkseid lived through that. Do you really think DC is gonna get rid of an asset that still sells?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Yes, but Darkseid lived through that. Do you really think DC is gonna get rid of an asset that still sells?
    Ah, I thought he died and then the universe rebooted before he could get resurrected, meaning that it functionally stuck for that particular doomed world. Oh well, perhaps that was where I misremembered.

Thanks!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Just throwing this out there but I wonder if this has anything to do with Doomsday Clock and Doctor Manhattan...

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Never mind I read the full synopsis.

Kon93

More source wall blowing up shenanigans imo

BANNED

Details

https://www.newsarama.com/43976-dcea...t-zombies.html

...unironically using "Bat God" in a description...oh how meta.

Losing interest fast with the focus on Batman seemingly quite prevalent.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Losing interest fast with the focus on Batman seemingly quite prevalent.
    Taylor actually just tweet that it isn't as Batman focused as it has been presented. It's a Justice League and beyond story.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Details

https://www.newsarama.com/43976-dcea...t-zombies.html

...unironically using "Bat God" in a description...oh how meta.
    I wish DC would just be consistent about character designs.

Oh look, Darkseid is still in his New 52 look! And we have other heroes in their Rebirth costumes! But Superman and Batman inexplicably still wear old costumes!