Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    How though? What has Jor El done that’s made a fool out of them? Everyone with that opinion is basing it on Oz. Not what’s actually in the story we are seeing.
    It makes no sense why Clark or Lois would trust Jor-El, they have a million reasons to distrust him and and only do what he says for the sake of the plot and as a consequence when Clark and Lois get burned by their dumbass choices they look like morons for it. Hence why articles like this exist.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-14-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Frankly, I don’t think Superman’s current rep is particularly good at all. And this current run seems to be part of the problem rather than solution. Bendis is making a fool out of Clark. And as a fan, I don’t appreciate it and want a change.
    Its not as good as it should be. But that's not because of Bendis and its not a recent development. I mean, I get you hate the run, but you're going above and beyond now actually trying to manufacture a meaningful, negative reflection on the overall icon that is Superman just because of one run. Regardless of what one things of a run, that's just patently ridiculous.

Superman has made silly decisions in stories before. Both for purposeful reasons and reasons of storytelling mistakes. Pump the brakes and stop acting like this one instance is going to spiral the character into irrelevancy, or is having any tangible negative effect at all. Its not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-14-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It makes no sense why Clark or Lois would trust Jor-El, they have a million reasons to distrust him and and only do what he says for the sake of the plot and as a consequence they look like morons when they do so.
    Has he betrayed that trust though? Not from what we've seen so far. Unless he purposefully dropped them into that black hole, none of his actions have in any way harmed Jon at all. Jor El's actions have been more or less consistent with things Clark would do with Jon. The actual story, seperated from Oz's actions, hasn't shown anything to betray that trust. Jon even says, they were doing good, going to places they were needed, trying to talk to people and negotiate and when that failed helping actively. The Green Lanterns were impressed with their actions.

As of right now, Jor El effectively got into a car accident with his grandson. He's done nothing evil or at all consistent with his prior actions as Mr. Oz.

Has he betrayed that trust though? Not from what we've seen so far. Unless he purposefully dropped them into that black hole, none of his actions have in any way harmed Jon at all. Jor El's actions have been more or less consistent with things Clark would do with Jon. The actual story, seperated from Oz's actions, hasn't shown anything to betray that trust. Jon even says, they were doing good, going to places they were needed, trying to talk to people and negotiate and when that failed helping actively. The Green Lanterns were impressed with their actions.

As of right now, Jor El effectively got into a car accident with his grandson. He's done nothing evil or at all consistent with his prior actions as Mr. Oz.
    It has nothing to do with what Jor-El has done or not done. But Clark decision to trust him in the first place. He had no reason to trust him with his son’s well being. And since that’s the foundation of this story, everything comes across as forced and ingenuine as a result. And it reflects very poorly on Clark’s character. And now we have the internet laughing at his poor judgment rather than sympathizing with his misfortune.

Master Hero Vladimir

It has nothing to do with what Jor-El has done or not done. But Clark decision to trust him in the first place. He had no reason to trust him with his son’s well being. And since that’s the foundation of this story, everything comes across as forced and ingenuine as a result. And it reflects very poorly on Clark’s character. And now we have the internet laughing at his poor judgment rather than sympathizing with his misfortune.
    First off, Bleeding Cool doesn't represent the entirety of the Internet. Don't use hyperbole here.

Second, the situation Bendis has placed Superman and his family in is a tricky one. Let's say, at the end of the story, Superboy goes back to being an 11-year-old, for whatever reason. Superboy gets his childhood back, Superman and Lois have the opportunity of spending time with their son the right way and the family is back together again… if you ignore the fact that, for Superboy to regain his childhood, Bendis would have to kill, or at least invalidate the person, Superboy has become in his journeys with Jor-El. The Superboy we have right now is still Jonathan Samuel Kent. He might look and act different, but he is still the person raised by Clark and Lois. This is a huge moral and psychological dilemma that I hope Bendis will tackle in the books.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 02-15-2019 at 01:52 PM.

But here's the thing, the opinion that he had no reason to trust him is based of Oz Effect. We've gotten plenty of hints that there's a chunk of missing story between Oz Effect and Man of Steel. Clark's statement to Lois in this issue is a big hint to that, because the blind spot he has for his father would require some prior history beyond Oz Effect. Because otherwise there'd be nothing for him to have a blind spot for.

Until it's established that that was where their status quo left off, and that's really very much up in the air, the decision doesn't really come across that bad. If it turns out that Oz Effect is where their relationship left off, I'll agree with you. But I don't think that is the case.

Bleeding Cool is a gossip rag. I see no reason to care about what they print at all. They’re constantly bashing everyone for clicks.

They ran an article about Bendis retconning Robin into a virgin because he was riding a Pegasus in YJ #2. I’ve stopped taking them seriously.

Huh, it seems silly I didn't piece this together right away but the fight with Mongul is the same fight we see in Naomi #1. Did everyone get this right away, am I the only one this was news to?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

They ran an article about Bendis retconning Robin into a virgin because he was riding a Pegasus in YJ #2. I’ve stopped taking them seriously.
    I wanna believe you made this up, but my heart knows you didn't lmao
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Huh, it seems silly I didn't piece this together right away but the fight with Mongul is the same fight we see in Naomi #1. Did everyone get this right away, am I the only one this was news to?
    I suspected it when I saw Mongul, but then Bendis confirmed it last night on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I wanna believe you made this up, but my heart knows you didn't lmao
    Haha, nope. I’m not clever enough to make that up!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-virgin-again/

It didn't even register to me, but its a cool little piece of inter-connectivity. Just enough to make note of but not enough where it had to be required reading or something. I like those types of references.

I am with Flash Gordon though in that I like Mongul to be more of a threat. But really Mongul hasn't been as badass as I've wanted him to be since pre-Crisis.

I suspected it when I saw Mongul, but then Bendis confirmed it last night on Twitter.

Haha, nope. I’m not clever enough to make that up!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-virgin-again/
    Amazing. BC manages to sink lower with every article.

Astonishing Member

I don't take everything written by BC seriously, like at all. At the least, it's all sensationalist click bait writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I suspected it, but only because I don't see Mongul coming on Earth every three mornings. Still, I wasn't sure until Bendis confirmed it on Twitter.