Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I suspected it, but only because I don't see Mongul coming on Earth every three mornings. Still, I wasn't sure until Bendis confirmed it on Twitter.
    Funny, i feel the exact opposite. Mongul attacks thd fortresses way too frequently. At this point it feels like a gag.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wish they'd just create a random new alien menace for Superman to slap the crap out of in 2 panels.

Mongul is the villain of one of the best Superman stories of all, so I'd like to see him to have a little more gravitas. He should be the big alien warlord that DC seems to push Darkseid into. Darkseid is more of an abstract creature, who should exist on a different frequency. Literal, supreme order. Oppression. The New Gods being mythological beings and all.

Mongul is the interplanetary menace.

I'd like to see more Superman villains in general though, in the vein of Mongul and intergalactic tyrants. Stories that work as metaphors for our world, that Superman can punch out.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-15-2019 at 10:17 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    But here's the thing, the opinion that he had no reason to trust him is based of Oz Effect. We've gotten plenty of hints that there's a chunk of missing story between Oz Effect and Man of Steel. Clark's statement to Lois in this issue is a big hint to that, because the blind spot he has for his father would require some prior history beyond Oz Effect. Because otherwise there'd be nothing for him to have a blind spot for.

Until it's established that that was where their status quo left off, and that's really very much up in the air, the decision doesn't really come across that bad. If it turns out that Oz Effect is where their relationship left off, I'll agree with you. But I don't think that is the case.
    Honestly I would find Clark's trust in Jor-El a lot more believable if we had any clue of what this "chuck of missing story" entailed and if we had been given at least a basic idea of it before Jon went off into space with his grandfather. THAT is where my problem with the entire set up comes from. It felt like it went from Oz Effect straight into this, which is likely why it seems like a ridiculous thing for Clark and Lois to have done to a lot of people. It also doesn't help that Lois came back without Jon, didn't make Clark aware of her return and that she left Jon alone with him pretty early on on top of that. When looked at from that point of view it really does come across as a bad decision on their part. I'm not bashing Bendis I just think there was a better way to have handled a lot of this even if this way turns out fine in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd like to see more Superman villains in general though, in the vein of Mongul and intergalactic tyrants. Stories that work as metaphors for our world, that Superman can punch out.
    I'd like to see that too.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-15-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish they'd just create a random new alien menace for Superman to slap the crap out of in 2 panels.

Mongul is the villain of one of the best Superman stories of all, so I'd like to see him to have a little more gravitas. He should be the big alien warlord that DC seems to push Darkseid into. Darkseid is more of an abstract creature, who should exist on a different frequency. Literal, supreme order. Oppression. The New Gods being mythological beings and all.

Mongul is the interplanetary menace.

Mongul has been a jobber for a long time unfortunately. I mean Zod sucker punched him into space during Jurgens Revenge. Manapul has him do a rehash of the Black Mercy in Trinity. It really sucks because I want someone to take Mongul and show what a total badass he is, but it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to. Guess I’ll just have to content myself with Keith David Mongul in Young Justice, now that guy was awesome.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mongul has been a jobber for a long time unfortunately. I mean Zod sucker punched him into space during Jurgens Revenge. Manapul has him do a rehash of the Black Mercy in Trinity. It really sucks because I want someone to take Mongul and show what a total badass he is, but it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to. Guess I’ll just have to content myself with Keith David Mongul in Young Justice, now that guy was awesome.
    Yeah, Mongul needs to be seen as a badass again because that is exactly what he should be.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm now wondering if Jon meets Alexander Luthor Jr. while on Earth-3?

But most of all, I'm wondering if he visited more than one Earth on his way back home?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

But most of all, I'm wondering if he visited more than one Earth on his way back home?
    Good question for Bendis’ AMA might be whether there’s any chance of seeing Jon’s adventures in space in more detail or through his own series.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Good question for Bendis’ AMA might be whether there’s any chance of seeing Jon’s adventures in space in more detail or through his own series.
    It sure as hell is. I'm close to asking him myself lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It sure as hell is. I'm close to asking him myself lol
    Just have to get in early before it all goes to hell!

I think I'm going to try to work some of my theories on Jor El, Lois' book, and other aspects of his run into some more generalized questions about what has already happened and the context certain things should be looked at. That way he could answer without spoiling and even turn it into a bit of a tease if he wanted to.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-17-2019 at 05:28 PM.

If the intention of this journey is for Jon to question the underlying assumptions about both himself and what the S-shield represent, I’d send him to the Justice Lords world. Earth 3 is an inherently evil place but Earth 50 wasn’t. And that Superman is fairly coherent unlike the raging manchild of Injustice. It would be interesting to see what JL Superman would make of Jon.