Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ADAM STRANGE

First of all he's an Indiana Jones-like arqueologist. That alone is awsome already, who wouldn't want to live like that?
    But then he got teleported to an alien planet with new flora, fauna, advanced civilization, new technology, old ruins to explore, giant monsters, invaders... AND able to get an alien girlfriend (that doesn't look funny)
    You can't ask for more.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Superman followed by Green Arrow
    Ooh Ollie's definitely not getting enough love. The island>>

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    He has a seven, going on eight (eighth season was just greenlit) season series and an entire verse that followed his show as an example.

I'd say he's getting quite a bit of love.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I would argue he's a better Batman than the actual Batman. A guy stranded on an island and has to learn archery just to survive? And then returns to civilization and decides to fight crime? I can see that. And the current one even lives in a real city. He's DC's equivalent of Punisher!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't know if this is in the mainstream universe or not but in the Injustice comic, there is a house cat that became a red lantern after Amazo blew up an entire town. THAT is a cool origin!
    I think you mean Dex-Starr, his comic origin is different though, hes a stray cat who was adopted by an old lady who was later killed by a burglar and after being tossed to the streets he was almost killed by two jerks but he was a given a red lantern ring and killed them instead and now promises to find his owner's killer.

I like Shazam's origin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think you mean Dex-Starr, his comic origin is different though, hes a stray cat who was adopted by an old lady who was later killed by a burglar and after being tossed to the streets he was almost killed by two jerks but he was a given a red lantern ring and killed them instead and now promises to find his owner's killer.

I like Shazam's origin
    He's the Batman of cats!
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

A villain, but I always liked the original origin for Terra-Man from Bates, Dillin and Adams, where he's a kid in the Old West taken into space and time passes more slowly for him than on Earth. It's a cool concept, used for other heroes and villains. Captain Comet had a similar development in the 1970s, when he came back after many years, having not aged much, while twenty some years had passed on Earth.

One of my favorite superhero origins is Rorschach's origin from Watchmen #6.

Fantastic Member

As we don't need a favourite villain's origin thread, will throw in mine. The Joker's or should I say 'The Jokers' as it's multiple choice. We could get more!?

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    As we don't need a favourite villain's origin thread, will throw in mine. The Joker's or should I say 'The Jokers' as it's multiple choice. We could get more!?
    villain origin?

hmmm... i'm thinking of terra. (i'm not sure if she's a full on villain, or just a misguided teen).

After episode 2 of Doom Patrol it’s Cyborg now. The new wrinkle introduced about whether he even knows what caused him because of the programming of his father after the incident is interesting.

Retired

There are some characters who are better off not having their origins pinned down. I don't want a definitive origin story for Joker, Phantom Stranger, Black Orchid, Time Trapper, Madame Xanadu, Unknown Soldier or the Source.

Boisterously Confused

Three pages in; I can't believe I'm the first to suggest Batman. Simple, clean, relatable. A child who never recovers from the senseless murder of his parents, who becomes obsessed with preparing himself to destroy criminals, adopting a supernatural image as a weapon against criminals.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Three pages in; I can't believe I'm the first to suggest Batman. Simple, clean, relatable. A child who never recovers from the senseless murder of his parents, who becomes obsessed with preparing himself to destroy criminals, adopting a supernatural image as a weapon against criminals.
    It's my favorite, FWIW, followed by Supe's.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-