Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    My favorite is probably Hal Jordan. It's simplistic but highlights a cool, broad mythos of an intergalactic police force as well as Hal as a character being chosen for his virtues and heroic material. Special shout out to Geoff Johns "Secret Origin" take on it.

Superman is a close second. I think most people take it for granted since we're all so used to it but it has a lot of emotional impact with parents saving their only infant child and Clark growing up as an outsider but meant for greatness.

I also really like Hawkman/Carter Hall. An Egyptian prince being stabbed by a powered dagger that makes him and his lover start reincarnating as heroes is a very cool and unique origin.

Honorable mention to Supergirl/Linda Danvers. It's pretty complex, mixing Linda being corrupted, bringing down the fire angel and Matrix sacrificing herself all into one. But it's still a great origin that spins off a great story and journey from it.
    agree.

about hal's origin, the part of hal losing his dad martin jordan, did that started in siver age? or was that just recently (bronze age?)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    John Stewart's New 52 origin definitely has to be one of my favorite (if not my favorite) origins. It's a shame DC never revisits it.

Pretty much this.

By far my favorite origin

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    agree.

about hal's origin, the part of hal losing his dad martin jordan, did that started in siver age? or was that just recently (bronze age?)
    I believe it first started in Emerald Twilight.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross) : I loved Matt Wagner's story. Pieter was already a hero as a doctor, despite tragedy and pitfalls that would have sidelined most people. I miss that character.
    Orion : SO epic... so Kirby. I guess this part applies to Mr Miracle as well, but the whole Shakespearean deal that ended the war between Apokolips and New Genesis was brilliant and Orion's destiny to kill his own father is hard to beat.
    Green Lantern (Rond Vidar) : Longtime supporting character in the Legion of Super-Heroes. Son of disgraced Green Lantern Universo. Concealed his identity as Green Lantern when his own father tried to have him killed. Awesome reveal that he was alive and a GL when a group of Legionnaires conspired to murder the Time Trapper for killing Superboy.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Shiiit forgot about Hawkman. Strong contender.

Never read supergirl's origin.
    Peter David's Supergirl is definitely worth checking out. It does get deep though and rolls out and unfolds over the course of the series. One of my all time favorite series.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I believe it first started in Emerald Twilight.
    ok. glad that geoff continued to build on that. gave us a glimpse on hal's childhood and character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ok. glad that geoff continued to build on that. gave us a glimpse on hal's childhood and character.

Um, actually it's Emerald Dawn.
    And I think Darwyn Cook also did a wonderful job on Hal's origin before Geoff Johns.

I like Roy's origin from YJ. Having him be a kid who auditioned to be Green arrow's sidekick is cool.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Roy's origin from YJ. Having him be a kid who auditioned to be Green arrow's sidekick is cool.
    I don't know about YJ, but that sounds like the origin that Robert Bernstein and Lee Elias gave Roy in ADVENTURE COMICS 262 (July 1959).

Extraordinary Member

All time? Probably Superman's. It's hard to beat a classic:

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

More recently (recently as in the past 35 years, anyway), I've always liked The Creeper's post-Crisis origin. I mean, it's just super messed up and dark, and really leans into some serious crime fiction areas.

Continued in next post...
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

IDK, maybe it's because my fantastic wife just got me the BTAS action figure for Valentine's Day, but I think it's one of the all time greats, imho.

Extraordinary Member

RJ Brande had a pretty interesting origin Post Crisis

Not saying this is my favourite of them all but I am quite taken with Jessica Cruz's Green Lantern origin. Sends a nice message.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Superman followed by Green Arrow