Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Global Guardians fans - who were your favorites?

For those of you who were Global Guardians fans, who were your favorites.

Although I'm sure it's not a complete list, here are some I remember:

Dr. Mist, Tasmanian Devil, Fire (Green Flame/Fury), Ice (Tora), Icemaiden (Sigrid), Jack O'Lantern, Owlwoman, Rising Sun, Godiva, Little Mermaid, Bushmaster, Impala, The Olympian, Tuatara, Seraph, Thunderlord, Huntsman

I'm sure I missed some.

Loved them all.
    However lets be honest they all need work, and some updates, origins and costumes.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-31-2018 at 12:44 PM.

If I had to choose a few favorites:

Nommo Balewa as the leader Dr. Mist

Wenonah Littlebird Owlwoman representing USA. A role usually defaults to white male, refreshing seeing a female, and native American rep USA.

Bushmaster, I love the costume and reptile theme, (although with the update, the original bulbous head one with gecko feet was outrageous).
    Still seeing this guy teamed up with Batman, and holding his own was fantastic to me as a kid.

I preferred Green-Fury as a powerful rain forest energy spirit, felt she got a downgrade when she just became "Fire".

Tuatara and his time spanning third-eye vision, although I was disappointed when they revealed him to be a white dude (redrew him above).
    Should definitely reinvent him to be Māori.

Although I really like them all, as a team, first how they reveled them in Super Friends, each teaming-up with one of the known heroes.
    And then seeing them as a team together.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-03-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My top 5:

Green Fury
    Icemaiden
    Olympian
    Jack O'lantern
    Tasmanian Devil
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Tasmanian Devil, would love for his origin to be tweaked and be more of a anthropomorphic being with a possible connection to the Red, and having access to the dreamtime realm.

Jack O'lantern i would like to know more about him and his adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Tasmanian Devil, would love for his origin to be tweaked and be more of a anthropomorphic being with a possible connection to the Red, and having access to the dreamtime realm.

Jack O'lantern i would like to know more about him and his adventures.
    i think there has been a number of jack o lanterns already, or at the very least the a second jack getting killed by the queen bee (?).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Fire
    Ice
    Owlwoman
    Seraph
    Olympian
    Godiva...
    I loved them all! I do wish DC could bring them back as something other than canon fodder...

I really liked the Jack O' Lantern who was in "Primal Force" though I always liked the old-school costume, as whacky as it is. (he looks like he should be an Alan Scott villain )

Tuatara has an interesting look though I know nothing about him. It was great how Fire & Ice broke out in JLI - it's too bad that didn't help usher in a new awesome era of the GG as well.

Needs Captain Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Needs Captain Planet.
    As leader of the team.

I always liked the Global Guardians but was disappointed when 3 new members were introduced but never had anything done with them. I believe it was the final issue of Justice League Quarterly issue.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think there has been a number of jack o lanterns already, or at the very least the a second jack getting killed by the queen bee (?).
    Yep true. Does he have a origin story or issue that has appeared in comics?

Freaky. Just recently read Wonder Woman #42 (current run) and asked myself if that Wild Huntsman guy was mentioned somewhere else before. Great thread. And yeah, I would like to read a modern Global Guardians run

Thunderlord sounds a bit like he goes by Accomplished Perfect Physician (from the Great Ten) by now.

Astonishing Member

Always liked this group

Would like to see them

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I always liked the Global Guardians but was disappointed when 3 new members were introduced but never had anything done with them. I believe it was the final issue of Justice League Quarterly issue.
    Centrix, Cascade, Tundra and Chrysalis. Cascade, Tundra and Chrysalis made only one comic appearance as cameos in the all female heroes and villains issue of Wonder Woman. The DC Encyclopedia gave origins to Centrix, Cascade and Chrysalis but not Tundra. Tundra is a member of the Russian team, People's Heroes, from the Doomsday Clock series but has not been seen yet.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 11-02-2018 at 01:53 PM.