Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Interview I read over at Newsarama basically painted Batman in the lead role. I know that tweet says otherwise but when he's the only hero you bring up in an interview, that's not a good sign. At the very least it shows where his attention is. And if that's where the writer's attention is, its going to come through in the content. Whether its supposed to be all about him or not.

See, when I expressed my concerns about that yesterday. I was called out.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Interview I read over at Newsarama basically painted Batman in the lead role. I know that tweet says otherwise but when he's the only hero you bring up in an interview, that's not a good sign. At the very least it shows where his attention is. And if that's where the writer's attention is, its going to come through in the content. Whether its supposed to be all about him or not.
    Did you consider the interviewer specfically asked him about Batman and just used that quote in the interview? That doesn't mean all of Taylor's attention will be on Batman, that's just what the interviewer decided to focus on. I'm just going to read the book and take Taylor's word for it at this point.

In my experience Taylor is pretty even-handed about character focus.

I'd honestly be more worried about Harley stealing the spotlight then Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Speak for yourself, please and thank you. It’s not even far fetched to think that Batman will save the world in this event, like he does with every other event. I just think it’s tiring. People were entitled to cynical conclusions about Heroes In Crisis with no problems. So let me have my own.
    The irony here is hilarious.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Empty is thy hand!

I'm good with Blackest Night and Final Crisis (anti-life zombies), thanks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The irony here is hilarious.
    What irony do you supposedly see?
    Last edited by Raijin; 02-19-2019 at 09:35 PM.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    I'm good with Blackest Night and Final Crisis (anti-life zombies), thanks.
    Final Crisis is one of my favourite event books.

A fast-spreading virus. People instantly turning violent. The world consumed by blood, panic, and death. This isn’t the latest installment of The Walking Dead but a new six-issue DC Comics event

So marvel zombies.

Looking at the preview art and the interview is that if this is a techno-organic virus how badly this is gonna effect Cyborg or if he is basically the carrier/patient zero.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

In if it's Cyborg centric, out if it's Batman.

Does DC not have a term/brand for "out of continuity" stories at this point? Or were they just trying to de-emphasize that to pique more interest before people could find out?

I have nothing against buying something out of continuity, (and really, what's in these days anyway?) but the premise hasn't interested me so far (not a big zombie fan) and saying "Hey, everyone's in it" doesn't motivate me either.

My eyebrows raised when Taylor mentioned Black Lightning among the focal characters. With that being said, I hope it’s Cyborg-centric, too.

What irony do you supposedly see?
    You constantly getting upset as others for "cynical conclusions" and complaining that you can't have your own.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You constantly getting upset as others for "cynical conclusions" and complaining that you can't have your own.
    I don't get upset over other people's cynical conclusions. I just question them at times. And i wasn't really complaining about not being able to have my own opinions and thoughts. I express them on here all the time and i'm very unapologetic when it comes to that too. I'm entitled to have my opinions on whatever. But don't try to invalidate my complaint. I disagree with people and their opinions. I would never treat their opinions as their lesser. I'm way more objective than that.
    Last edited by Raijin; 02-21-2019 at 02:02 AM. Reason: had to make my comment "nicer"

I don't get upset over other people's cynical conclusions. I just question them at times. And i wasn't really complaining about not being able to have my own opinions and thoughts. I express them on here all the time and i'm very unapologetic when it comes to that too. I'm entitled to have my opinions on whatever. But don't try to invalidate my complaint. I disagree with people and their opinions. I would never treat their opinions as their lesser. I'm way more objective than that.
    Youre more objective than that... Didn't you once say your opinions were facts? Which implies they are right or better than others.