Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Based soley on this sample:
    Hard pass.

Oh, Darkseid's involved?
    Harder pass.

I will be standing by to see if they can change my mind about this.
    This is exactly how I feel about it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Youre more objective than that... Didn't you once say your opinions were facts? Which implies they are right or better than others.
    You tend to take things to the heart. I wasn’t really being serious with that poster. Although I did agree with his opinion on continuity over story. It’s also nice to see that you so close attention to what I say, just to throw it in my face. I’ll reme that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    You tend to take things to the heart. I wasn’t really being serious with that poster. Although I did agree with his opinion on continuity over story. It’s also nice to see that you so close attention to what I say, just to throw it in my face. I’ll reme that.
    You say a lot of things I don't agree with in very passive aggressive ways so it's pretty easy for me to remember things you say.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm kinda curious about this book. As messed up as the Injustice books were, they were very enjoyable to read and had a lot of freedom compared to normal ongoings. Taylor does dark stories well, I'm not a huge fan of all the recent ones DC keeps trying to do but Taylor's Injustice stuff was an exception for me. My only fear going forward is that it might be too dark. Injustice had some rails that Taylor had to be on. (some characters had to live, certain locations need to be there for the game, etc.) I wonder if giving him complete freedom will be a good thing. Either way I'm gonna check it out, hope it's good and not a depressing mess of heroes getting murdered.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    You are literally basing this on nothing. Batman being on the cover of a story that involves the whole universe doesn't mean he's going to save everyone. Why don't we just, I don't know, actually wait for the book to come out before jumping to cynical conclusions about things?
    Especially given that Batman havn't been the ONLY DC character to save the universe as other heroes did their fair share on doing that too (from CoIE to Final Crisis to possibly the upcoming Doomsday Clock).
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 02-26-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Tom Taylor? I'm in. I don't care about Darkseid but I'll read anything Tom Taylor writes for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Can something be an event if it doesn’t take place in continuity? And I hate to be that guy, but my interest in this has waned a little bit seeing as it doesn’t “count.”

Obviously the story comes first, but part of the appeal of comics as a medium is the long term building of characters, worlds, and history.

It’s true that I think that strict continuity is a shackle to storytelling, but I prefer Elseworld tales to have a higher concept pitch than “the regular DCU but the story doesn’t count.” More out there concepts like New Order or Kingdom Come or Red Son.
    Depends on the fan, most of my favorite stories don't "count" and I couldn't care less about continuity. We're all in comics for different reasons. And I don't think there needs to be a higher concept pitch for an Elseworld, just a pitch you couldn't get away with otherwise.

Mighty Member

I believe comic is really the equivalent to 2010's "Marvel Universe Vs. The Punisher" mini-series (not to be confused with the "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" one-shot series).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    I believe comic is really the equivalent to 2010's "Marvel Universe Vs. The Punisher" mini-series (not to be confused with the "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" one-shot series).
    They have that? Lol