Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I thought the students snapped cause they're cooler in this universe
    The real reason is way creepier and show how much effed up Nate Grey mind is. I mean clapping hand is too sexual suggestive!! What's next ? Enforced chemical castration?!?!

Loved that book more then I ever thought I will. Now I need to read more AOX minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    The real reason is way creepier and show how much effed up Nate Grey mind is. I mean clapping hand is too sexual suggestive!! What's next ? Enforced chemical castration?!?!
    Is that the real reason?

Nah, I think the snapping is meant to be perceived or giving the eerie feeling of cultish indoctrination. It doesn't look spontaneous as clapping or excited mumbling, but a forced planned manner of salutation to their leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Graconius View Post
    Nah, I think the snapping is meant to be perceived or giving the eerie feeling of cultish indoctrination. It doesn't look spontaneous as clapping or excited mumbling, but a forced planned manner of salutation to their leaders.
    it is only one hand, it really feels more individualist and more orderful than clappping

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it is only one hand, it really feels more individualist and more orderful than clappping
    Eh, that too, it could mean this world is more organized.

Extraordinary Member

I think what makes the snapping so weird is that it does carry so many connotations. You have the organza ton of the snapping, the implication of the indoctrination, that the action is just familiar enough yet is so different, and, of course, the absurdity of the removal of the "sexual" aspects of clapping.

Also, the whole finger snapping thing reminds me of what we'd do in middle school and elementary school because clapping was too loud. So there's also that.

Good job, X-Office! You made finger snapping even creepier!

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Personally, I think there's another reason why the fingersnap instead of clapping - Less noise.
    In such a "safe" sanitized environment, causing too much noise might be seen as too disruptive - who knows who you might end up triggering with such a vulgar display of concussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Graconius View Post
    This, programmed vs. impulsiveness, very Stepford/pod people-ish.

BANNED

So from left to right, I recognize Rockslide, Tempus, Blindfold, Anole, Glob, Maggott, ?, Triage, ?, ?, Shark-Girl, Goldballs, ?... ?...

Who are the 3 ? female characters packed in between Maggott, Triage, & Shark-Girl's walkin' the line, and the one ? neXt to Goldballs up in front, supposed to be?

I think the one leadin' the pack with Fabio might be Armor, but have no idea on the others.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Look at that corpse walking next to Anole.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Look at that corpse walking next to Anole.
    Dear God, please tell me this isn't how they're going to bring back Ruth and Loa. I might actually throw up a little if they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Personally, I think there's another reason why the fingersnap instead of clapping - Less noise.
    In such a "safe" sanitized environment, causing too much noise might be seen as too disruptive - who knows who you might end up triggering with such a vulgar display of concussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This, programmed vs. impulsiveness, very Stepford/pod people-ish.
    And again, finger snapping is the creepiest fucking thingever.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

So from left to right, I recognize Rockslide, Tempus, Blindfold, Anole, Glob, Maggott, ?, Triage, ?, ?, Shark-Girl, Goldballs, ?... ?...

Who are the 3 ? female characters packed in between Maggott, Triage, & Shark-Girl's walkin' the line, and the one ? neXt to Goldballs up in front, supposed to be?

I think the one leadin' the pack with Fabio might be Armor, but have no idea on the others.
    It’s:
    -Rockslide
    -Tempus
    -Blindfold (word to my flags)
    -Anole
    -Rockslide-lite but with more self-loathing
    -Maggott
    -Manson
    -Triage
    -someone who won’t show up anyway
    -Surge
    -Shark-Girl
    -Goldballs
    -Armor
    -Pixie
    (plus No-Girl is at the very top)

But Bachalo had said a little bit ago that he just had free reign to draw his favorite students on the cover, so that’s probably why we see characters like Blindfold.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I got that feel from it too. Brisson did a real good job of having the school have a creepy stepford like feel. I love it. I'll be following this going forward!

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...16/next-gen-1/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... -Manson...
    -someone who won’t show up anyway
    -Surge...
    -Armor
    -Pixie
    (plus No-Girl is at the very top)

But Bachalo had said a little bit ago that he just had free reign to draw his favorite students on the cover, so that’s probably why we see characters like Blindfold.
    ThanX. Never heard of Manson, or the one who won't show up anyway, lol. Surge looks unrecognizable to me. Pixie, of course. Oh yeah, forgot about Martha, she's easy to miss.