Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Rank 7 of 10.

A good and pleasant reading however is quite predictable which makes losing a lot of the fun.

Art is great and the first thing that jumped to my eyes is how some characters seem to have a different age in this reality or at least that was the impression I had. Maybe it's true what some theorize about some of these characters been physically altered by Nate or are not the true ones (Pixie).

It seems that students can not even question the choices about the jobs they may have by the way Pixe spoke to Shark-Girl that is no freedom of choice.

This was pretty fantastic. Nice tense and eerie read with some high caliber art (never really noticed the Coipel vibes from To before!). Glad Anole and Bling are rightfully given the role they receieved. Hope Morph, Hindsight, and Mercury at least get cameos.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 02-13-2019 at 11:38 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Does Marvel have the budget to keep Marcus To?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I dont think Glob has telepathic immunity, I think he had his memories back because of some fire related incident (after all he can set himself on fire), that should also be related to the last page and the burning house.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was great. Lots of new information.
    - The division through majors is interesting, although a tired trope since Harry Potter came out and every other story has at least four groups with a selection process to get in. At least they're consistent with "the losers wear yellow and do stuff like agriculture"
    - The Messiah Team was Hope, Cyclops, Wolverine, Cable, Gambit and Rogue. It's a good way to make sense of their absence. It's also funny how they keep hammering the Jesus Summers thing.
    - Reiterating that tidbit about the guiding principles. One and two are mindwipes, three is excommunication. I wonder if the kids were planning some sort of armed revolution or were just making out.
    - I'm already shipping Armor and Glob, even though we know Brisson won't go there.
    - Despite the incorrect coloring of Nezhno, the art is still gorgeous and most of the colors work.

Solid start right there.
    Yeah, these sort of student divisions are overdone, but given the context, I think it works. It's well known that some of the mutant kids just shouldn't be X-Men and this society has to find doctors and janitors somehow.

It's also rather sad and disturbing that the kids have no chance to change their areas of study and that they're threatened with serious punishment if they question it.

I'm not sure Anole and Bling! were making out. In normal continuity, Anole is gay and Bling! seems to prefer girls. They could have been at that house to talk or plan something.

One thing to remember is that out of Apocalypse's group, two of the members, Evan and Eye Boy, are in that same age group as what we have here. While I'm thinking that Evan has never been at the school because he's "related" to Apocalypse and Nate hates family connections of any sort it seems, Trevor may have been a student there before or maybe Kitty or Dazzler were teachers and we're trying to reach out to the students.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He'll probably be drawing Iron Man or Thor or Avengers come next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    This was pretty fantastic. Nice tense and eerie read with some high caliber art (never really noticed the Coipel vibes from to before!). Glad Anole and Bling are rightfully given the role they receieved. Hope Morph, Hindsight, and Mercury at least get cameos.
    Are they part of the "resistance" w/ Anole and Bling??

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm ready and willing to contribute to a Go Fund Me. haha
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-13-2019 at 10:18 AM.

With Disney backing them now they should be able to afford top tier artist and not lose everyone to the Avengers. JDW needs to step up his alphaness and not let the Brevoort guy take all the good artist.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    With Disney backing them now they should be able to afford top tier artist and not lose everyone to the Avengers. JDW needs to step up his alphaness and not let the Brevoort guy take all the good artist.
    The Brevoort guy is the apex predator. If JDW puts up a challenge, Tom will flex all over him and then throw his hat like a shuriken. Game over, man! Game over!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don’t know what happened to Match but can he stay like that?

Also.....first Maggott now Gentle? Can an editor PLEASE come on CBR and tell me what they do at their job?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also.....first Maggott now Gentle? Can an editor PLEASE come on CBR and tell me what they do at their job?
    I think the coloring on Gentle and Match might just be to show that this is an AU and the characters are slightly different, in the same way that Colossus is missing an arm and Magneto has a scar. Although, it's probably not the best idea to change the skin tone of one of the few black characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think the coloring on Gentle and Match might just be to show that this is an AU and the characters are slightly different, in the same way that Colossus is missing an arm and Magneto has a scar. Although, it's probably not the best idea to change the skin tone of one of the few black characters.
    Maybe that's sort of what Gentle would look like if he had access to better medical care in 616?

But yeah, it does seem sort of weird to see his skin color like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are they part of the "resistance" w/ Anole and Bling??
    I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t know what happened to Match but can he stay like that?

Wish they would’ve done the same with AoX Berto. He looked great.

maybe they thought we would all be distracted by how bangin' paige looks goddamn
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    LOL...Im sure thats what TPTB will claim to get out of this hole but I honestly beleive this was pure coloring error here. This is the same team that allowed 2 Storms to be drawn in Uncanny X-men in the same scene and didnt catch it before print