Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I will just add, this whole series can be summed up as follows. Gambit loves Rogue and would do anything for her. Rogue loves the fact Gambit loves her and would do anything for her. But is she actually in love with him? Doubtful. Nothing she has done suggests that this is anything more than someone feeling obligated to be with someone because said person really loves them.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

It would really be nice to read a Romy story where both of them are actually emotionally invested in Romy instead of this constant theme of Gambit having to chase Rogue while fending off other challengers. Might as well have Human Torch and Sentry show up in the next arc. Or ****, is Joseph still alive?
    Deadpool and Magneto were to reassure you Gambit fanboys that Rogue had burned bridges with her exes.

Rogues fans would of much preferred having the Sentry and Human Torch, flippant, off panel 'relationships' cauterized.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

I love everything in this issue. Hard to choose one favorite part, so here what I love:

1- I have to say, KT's Mojo is the best X Villain;
    2- Oscar is not the best with faces, but the body expressions are great;
    3- Gambit and Longshot interaction;
    4- Gambit and Spiral interaction;
    5- Gambit finally said "Bang you dead" again;
    6- The problem of Rogue's powers seems to be resolved soon (or at least mitigated).

I won't be able to get the issue until tomorrow, (Stinking West Michigan Winter! I didn't even drive to work today. Got a ride from a friend. Weather is supposed to better tomorrow.) But I did manage to read it on Youtube:
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvW9E19Xaak
    I told you Rogue's power control problem was a mental block in her subconscious.
    I'm just wondering...will what ends up being revealed in Rogue's subconscious will end up somehow being related to Rogue's appearance in the Captain Marvel book?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I love everything in this issue. Hard to choose one favorite part, so here what I love:

1- I have to say, KT's Mojo is the best X Villain;
    2- Oscar is not the best with faces, but the body expressions are great;
    3- Gambit and Longshot interaction;
    4- Gambit and Spiral interaction;
    5- Gambit finally said "Bang you dead" again;
    6- The problem of Rogue's powers seems to be resolved soon (or at least mitigated).
    Oh, I was waiting so long for "Bang you dead" and enjoyed it sooooo much!

I will just add, this whole series can be summed up as follows. Gambit loves Rogue and would do anything for her. Rogue loves the fact Gambit loves her and would do anything for her. But is she actually in love with him? Doubtful. Nothing she has done suggests that this is anything more than someone feeling obligated to be with someone because said person really loves them.
    Right now I see it like this: Gambit loves Rogue and she loves to feel loved and his attitude.

Like Ted and Robin from How i met your mother. KT is doing it on purpose so will see how it all ends and what she planned.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Right now I see it like this: Gambit loves Rogue and she loves to feel loved and his attitude.
    Eh... I’ve just interpreted Rogue as being more practical. Gambit’s clearly the romantic of the relationship, jesus their first date he took her out to a fancy restaurant (their clothing tho... hahaha), and then carriage ride. I’ve never really seen Rogue be reallly of that kind of nature. Look, not everyone trips over themselves to declare their love. Some people are more action oriented, like fixing your sink without complaining about it. Kind of in the same vein of Rogue being surprised that Gambit admitted he wasn’t sure how she felt about his mortality where, to her, obviously she does because she married him.

IDK, i’m a Virgo you guys I can relate to Rogue if that’s what KT is implying.

That all said, comics is a largely written medium so... if it ain’t said, it ain’t a fact. So I totally understand why people would feel Rogue has one foot out the door when Gambit’s about to tattoo her name on his body based on the writting of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Deadpool and Magneto were to reassure you Gambit fanboys that Rogue had burned bridges with her exes.

Rogues fans would of much preferred having the Sentry and Human Torch, flippant, off panel 'relationships' cauterized.
    Nope didnt need to see them. Sorry.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Like Ted and Robin from How i met your mother. KT is doing it on purpose so will see how it all ends and what she planned.
    Agreed. I hope it is leading up to something but just tired of it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Eh... I’ve just interpreted Rogue as being more practical. Gambit’s clearly the romantic of the relationship, jesus their first date he took her out to a fancy restaurant (their clothing tho... hahaha), and then carriage ride. I’ve never really seen Rogue be reallly of that kind of nature. Look, not everyone trips over themselves to declare their love. Some people are more action oriented, like fixing your sink without complaining about it. Kind of in the same vein of Rogue being surprised that Gambit admitted he wasn’t sure how she felt about his mortality where, to her, obviously she does because she married him.

That all said, comics is a largely written medium so... if it ain’t said, it ain’t a fact. So I totally understand why people would feel Rogue has one foot out the door when Gambit’s about to tattoo her name on his body based on the writting of this series.
    Think issue is Rogue was not always like this. She is typically fiery and hot blooded. Nowadays her reaction to Gambit is all so lukewarm or half hearted.

If we had to replay the scene from XXM where Rogue dragged Gambit back from death, I get the sense this version of Rogue would just let him die and shrug because he is not worth the effort.

I absolutely loved this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

Tatoo really made me smile
    I am Scorp so it is hard to accept such cold Rogue for me My gf is virgo but I was lucky enough to find a way to melt ice with fire.

There is a reason why KT is not writing I love you words from Rogue. Probably will see it soon.
    I am sure that KT will bring it in book later. Probably in Guilds story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

Nope, nobody needed the Rogue's ex tour, ever. Maybe focus on the couple themselves? Just an idea. LOL

Nope didnt need to see them. Sorry.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Neko; 02-13-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

How often has Gambit actually said "I love you" in the series, though? Once, when he was about to go on a suicide run to Deathbird's ship?

It's just not a series in which either of them says "I love you" a lot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    How often has Gambit actually said "I love you" in the series, though? Once, when he was about to go on a suicide run to Deathbird's ship?

It's just not a series in which either of them says "I love you" a lot.
    I just read the issue so I haven't had much time to think about it. But he literally just said the L word in this issue during the reality tv part and it was clearly on his mind on the last page. But either way actions speak louder than words, and Rogue's actions haven't exactly screamed supportive/devotion in contrast to Gambit's actions. This has been the case for years now.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 02-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.