Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    DC gets this mad idea every so often that "you're only as good as your villain," to which I'm eternally perplexed. One of the most celebrated moments in Superman's 80 year history is hugging a distraught teen and reassuring her not to commit suicide. Where's the villain?

I don't know. I like to think superhero comics haven't just devolved into a mess where it's just two armies of super characters in silly costumes thinking about how to bedevil one another, but it really has. I'm glad that Snyder's Legion of Doom actually has a goal in mind, and if that's the focus of this initiative, well alright... But I am sick to death of villains existing solely to mess with their counterpart (looking at you, Joker). Moreover, elevating villains to the forefront kind of makes your heroes look like chumps if it gets harder and harder for them to stop their criminal opposites.

tl;dr

Never cared for villain spotlights and this hasn't sweetened it.
    I have to agree.

I call it the WWF mentality:
    Heroes are 'power ranked', interactions with non-costumed characters is very limited, relationships are only with other costumed characters, relatives are often costumed characters also, private lives are downplayed, and there's been a push to ignore secret identities and regular jobs.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And repeatedly calling something trash doesn't make it trash.

We get it. You've never liked Superman and Wonder Woman outside of the New 52. You've made it clear you barely read any of their comics outside the New 52 (yet seem to feel that makes you an expert on what they were like and whether or not they were interesting).

However, it doesn't mean those characters were badly written. Sometimes, something just isn't for other people. If you liked the New 52 versions of Wonder Woman and Superman, great. Live in your own bliss. But don't think it makes you special or that it makes any other version that you dislike inferior because they aren't those versions.
    Theres also the fact (not opinion) that N52 tanked sales wise after the initial wave.

D C was tanking well before New 52
    The rise and fall of New 52 just
    ushered in the current D C and Marvel way
    of launching new series and cancelling them
    just as quickly so they can solicit the next
    wave of new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And repeatedly calling something trash doesn't make it trash.

We get it. You've never liked Superman and Wonder Woman outside of the New 52. You've made it clear you barely read any of their comics outside the New 52 (yet seem to feel that makes you an expert on what they were like and whether or not they were interesting).

However, it doesn't mean those characters were badly written. Sometimes, something just isn't for other people. If you liked the New 52 versions of Wonder Woman and Superman, great. Live in your own bliss. But don't think it makes you special or that it makes any other version that you dislike inferior because they aren't those versions.
    I've tried, several times, to read their older comics.

I find them atrociously bad, either in style or stories. I don't see why I couldn't call them for what they are : boring stories, with boring characters.

I also find hilarious that you would say the part in bold, when Rebirther are always shat on New 52's versions, and push the bullshit that it tanked sales wise when Rebirth would do so great. Which is hardly the case, after what, two years and a half ?

DC dropped the Rebirth branding months ago. So whatever their gains or losses in the last several months are they have nothing to do with Rebirth.

And New 52 is dead, lets get over it now.