Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Been done, but tainted thanks to that identity's ties to HYDRA in Secret Empire, though if Thor could be forgiven by the Avengers and the public . . .
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant for a possible Superior Spider-Man vs Superior Octopus storyline. So, it would be the resurrected still evil Dr. Ock (that was mentioned by LordUltimus) as Superior Octopus.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant for a possible Superior Spider-Man vs Superior Octopus storyline. So, it would be the resurrected still evil Dr. Ock (that was mentioned by LordUltimus) as Superior Octopus.
    It's cool. I like that idea. Kind of reminds me of Spider-Man Unlimited, the mobile game, and its trailer for Doctor Octopus vs. Superior Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Not impossible but let's remember that Ock passed through his own old, dead body as it was brought back to health by the Jackal's cloning technology before it turned to dust during the Clone Conspiracy and he jumped to the protoclone to become Superior Octopus. That's not to say you couldn't get a classic Doc Ock back out of that mess, it's comics after all, but it'd take a little doing to explain if he's facing against the Superior Spider-Man version of Ock.

Honestly, unless they're gonna raise the question of identity a bit more, it's probalby not worth overly dwelling on.
    He was cloned. The original body is still dead and intact. In ASM # 20 which detailed the resurrection, Jackal tells his assistant to take the usual samples, refers to the maladies that plagued donor body, and refers to the new body as "Otto 2.0". That's the body that turned to dust while he jumped to the proto-clone.

I have a feeling that's how it's going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I personally don't want the old Ock to come back in terms of his original physical appearance. The round guy in a green suit just isn't very intimidating anymore, and I think that's why artists changed his clothes periodically (white suit, trenchcoat, etc.). Coming back with full memories and old personality is good, but to make him lean and young I think is the way to go.
    Ideally, I'd like to see him come back as the Superior Octopus, even if it's de-powered. Like you said, his original physical appearance just isn't intimidating, and is pretty much anachronistic these days. I can seem him depowered, but still Superior, replicating the spider powers through his costume, maybe adding in a few new wrinkles like an active camouflage, like a real octopus.

I'd actually just prefer a new character taking the Octopus-animal theme and facing Otto than more clone shenanigans. Wonder what Gage's outline is like.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'd actually just prefer a new character taking the Octopus-animal theme and facing Otto than more clone shenanigans. Wonder what Gage's outline is like.
    I'd like to see Carolyn Trainer come back, just for the sake of "a pupil of mine, until I turned to good and she stayed on the path of evil."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My all time favorite depiction of Dr. Octopus was back when he had the classic white suit illustrated by Erik Larsen, that to me was the definitive look for Otto.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    My all time favorite depiction of Dr. Octopus was back when he had the classic white suit illustrated by Erik Larsen, that to me was the definitive look for Otto.
    I love that look, but i prefer it from Sal Buschema.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Gotta love PS4 version of Doc Ock. He was like Walter White, a man with great ideas but screwed in his life and a rage inside him that would turn him into a criminal mastermind.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

Gotta love PS4 version of Doc Ock. He was like Walter White, a man with great ideas but screwed in his life and a rage inside him that would turn him into a criminal mastermind.
    The PS4 version of Doc Ock was indeed a win. It is my second favorite non-comic book version of the character after only the live-action version seen in Spider-Man II.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

You have to admit, the overcoat and lights in the tentacles were great visual touches in Spider-Man 2. Most often people forget that Octavius had some runs as a crime boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd like to see Carolyn Trainer come back, just for the sake of "a pupil of mine, until I turned to good and she stayed on the path of evil."
    She was great in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon. I wish they had done more with her .
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

Probably the best modern take and update on Doc Ock.

I've always preferred ock as slightly overweight with a bad haircut. It adds to the creepyness of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I always thought they could bring back Doc Ock while keeping Superior Spider-Man by resurrecting his old body. You could even have the two argue who is the "real" Otto Octavius.
    This is what a wanted to read in a marvel comic regarding the comicbook character Carol Danvers.

During the 80's:

1. you had the Carol Danvers without emotional ties to people from her past adventuring as Binary and
    2. you had the Carol Danvers with emotional ties to people from her past absorbed into the comicbook character Rogue's psyche!

In the beginning of the 90's:
    when the Carol Danvers absorbed into the comicbook character Rogue's psyche was given her own body, as Ms. Marvel, by the Siege Perilious in Uncanny X-Men #296,

I immediately wanted future marvel comic(s) depicting Carol Binary and Carol Ms. Marvel meeting eachother and arguing which one of them is the "real" Carol Danvers!