Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman vs TMNT: The Animated Movie

In 2015, the Dark Knight met the Heroes in a Half Shell on the comics page for the first time. Now, that same team-up is headed to animation with an all-star voice cast, and we've got an exclusive first look.

This spring, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Entertainment are teaming up with DC Entertainment and Nickelodeon for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, an all-new animated movie that unites everyone's favorite turtles with the Caped Crusader for the first time outside of the comics page. Based on the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics miniseries by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II, the film will see the turtles meeting Batman via a transdimensional encounter, and feature our heroes teaming up to face Batman's deadly rogues gallery.

The film's voice cast features Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Origins) as both Batman and The Joker (making him the first actor to ever take on both roles in one project), Darren Criss (the Emmy winning star of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story) as Raphael, Kyle Mooney (Saturday Night Live) as Michelangelo, Baron Vaughn (Grace and Frankie) as Donatello, Eric Bauza (The Woody Woodpecker Show) as Leonardo, Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Batgirl, Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants) as The Penguin, John DiMaggio (Adventure Time) as Mr. Freeze, Tara Strong (The Powerpuff Girls) as both Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911!) as Bane, and Cas Anvar (The Expanse) as Ra's al Ghul.

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive on 4K, Blu-ray, and Digital late this spring. For now, check out our official first look at images from the film, as well a behind-the-scenes shot of Criss recording his dialogue as Raphael.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...animated-movie

I know there was a poll for people who went to see Return of the Caped Crusaders asking what kind of movies they would like to see more of from the (I guess now defunct) DC Classics line, and a Batman/TMNT movie was one of them. Looks like that's finally coming to fruition .

Kinda surprised that they're not going with established version of Batman and the Turtles for this, but the art style makes this look like a mix of the comic crossover and the cartoon (comic) crossover. Batman kind of looks like he's from Batman Unlimited though.

It was probably inevitable that Troy Baker would eventually voice both Batman and Joker in a single project .

Is this the first time DC has done a crossover film with another franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Is this the first time DC has done a crossover film with another franchise?
    Well, last year we had Brave and the Bold Batman team-up with Scooby-Doo (although they're all owned by the same parent company) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, last year we had Brave and the Bold Batman team-up with Scooby-Doo (although they're all owned by the same parent company) .
    Hence why I don't really count that.

Astonishing Member

Wow, cool on Tynion for this getting the go-ahead for adaptation. The two Batman/TMNT crossovers are some of my favorite crossovers of all time, and the natural fit of the first one with the Shredder/Ra's al Ghul team-up was great fun. I wonder then if we'll get the Bane one, at some point, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Hell to the yes! I absolutely loved the Tynion and Williams Batman/TMNT series, so getting to see it animated is too incredibly exciting! Troy Baker returning to be both Batman and Joker is an interesting choice, he's done good as both in the past, will be cool to see those voices interact. The new voices of the Turtles do seem odd picks, but after so many other actors taking on the roles, I'm willing to give em a chance.

I'm curious exactly how much they are going to adapt from the original comics, doesn't seem like Shredder is involved since he's not credited in the cast, which would be a shame. They also HAVE to include the scene where Batman shows Raphael where his parents died, or else what's the point of even making it?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Hell to the yes! I absolutely loved the Tynion and Williams Batman/TMNT series, so getting to see it animated is too incredibly exciting! Troy Baker returning to be both Batman and Joker is an interesting choice, he's done good as both in the past, will be cool to see those voices interact. The new voices of the Turtles do seem odd picks, but after so many other actors taking on the roles, I'm willing to give em a chance.
    Troy Baker's Batman and Joker voices are so distinctive from each other that I don't think it should be a problem. I'm more bothered by Tara Strong voicing both Harley and Ivy in a movie together for the umpteenth time.

I do kind of wonder if the original plan was for Roger Craig Smith to voice Batman. The design for Batman is very similar to Batman Unlimited, where Roger played Batman, and Troy Baker is pretty much Roger's Joker.

Erica Bauza and Darren Criss voiced Leo and Raph before in this Turtles short:

I'm curious exactly how much they are going to adapt from the original comics, doesn't seem like Shredder is involved since he's not credited in the cast, which would be a shame. They also HAVE to include the scene where Batman shows Raphael where his parents died, or else what's the point of even making it?
    I'm not sure if this is going to be a direct adaption of Tynion's story so much as a mix of that story and the Matthew K. Manning crossover comic between B:TAS and 2k12 Turtles.

I mean, Batgirl wasn't in the original crossover comic but she was in the cartoon crossover one.

That's odd. I mean, they even used the Batgirl costume Babs was wearing at the time the Batman TMNT crossover was published. If she wasn't there originally they might as well have used her cartoon costume. Which I assume is what they did for Batman himself?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's odd. I mean, they even used the Batgirl costume Babs was wearing at the time the Batman TMNT crossover was published. If she wasn't there originally they might as well have used her cartoon costume. Which I assume is what they did for Batman himself?
    Well, it's closer to Batman's Batman Unlimited costume but Batgirl never showed up in that outside a mobile game, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprise twist; that's actually Goliath from Gargoyles.

Hope this has Nightwing. I recall he showed up in this.

Is a good idea.. Specially after the Batman&robin&TMNT comics..

Totally cowabunga! I remember reading this as a rumor a while back, but I didn't think it would happen because I didn't think WB and Nickelodeon would ever cooperate on a joint project like this. Sweet. Maybe this means WB could work out a deal with Fox/Disney to animate the DC and Alien/Predator crossovers (one can only dream). But totally excited for this, I mean, it's got Batman and Ninja Turtles, my inner kid is squealing like a sugar addled banshee on Christmas.