Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 133
  1. #1
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    21

    Default Psylocke/Betsy looks just like Revanche/Kwannon again, in Age of Xman

    Is this a reverse of her situation in the original Age of X: Legion Edition , a few years ago ? Legion made her physically English in his pocket reality , but she reverted to being Japanese in 616...

    28D9AC0A-02A8-4F3A-8C1D-59605E633FD6.jpg
    45F81BA9-B10F-423C-8B1C-EEA1D631F2EB.jpg

    And will this make the Psylocke X Blob pairing now ... “problematic” , considering the Optics ? Hmmm...

  2. #2
    Mighty Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Is this a reverse of her situation in the original Age of X: Legion Edition , a few years ago ? Legion made her physically English in his pocket reality , but she reverted to being Japanese in 616...

    28D9AC0A-02A8-4F3A-8C1D-59605E633FD6.jpg
    45F81BA9-B10F-423C-8B1C-EEA1D631F2EB.jpg

    And will this make the Psylocke X Blob pairing now ... “problematic” , considering the Optics ? Hmmm...
    She looks white to me.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    She looks white and Asian. But also, this is Nate reality warping people. That's probably why.

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,565

    Default

    Because of how artists handle faces differently, it is extremely important that they distinguished OG Elizabeth with that new hairstyle and color. But ehhhh that's for stinkers, so just make her House of N design immediately look like the 90's one again.

  5. #5
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Is this a reverse of her situation in the original Age of X: Legion Edition , a few years ago ? Legion made her physically English in his pocket reality , but she reverted to being Japanese in 616...

    28D9AC0A-02A8-4F3A-8C1D-59605E633FD6.jpg
    45F81BA9-B10F-423C-8B1C-EEA1D631F2EB.jpg

    And will this make the Psylocke X Blob pairing now ... “problematic” , considering the Optics ? Hmmm...
    It's just the art. A lot of artists just draw Lee's Psylocke cuz that's what they're used to.

    Also you can't be "physically English". Did you mean Caucasian?

    Also for the bolded... what?
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    And will this make the Psylocke X Blob pairing now ... “problematic” , considering the Optics ? Hmmm...
    ...What? I don't see how it would be problematic for Blob to get with Kwannon. So what's the issue if he was getting with japanese Betsy?

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's just the art. A lot of artists just draw Lee's Psylocke cuz that's what they're used to.

    Also you can't be "physically English". Did you mean Caucasian?

    Also for the bolded... what?
    While I'm happy they changed Betsy back to white, it is still hard to imagine her that way.

  8. #8
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...What? I don't see how it would be problematic for Blob to get with Kwannon. So what's the issue if he was getting with japanese Betsy?
    Fat White Guy (w/ porny-looking moustache) + East Asian-looking supermodel = perceived pandering to “Yellow Fever” fetish of stereotypical nerds . Nobody here seriously imagined this?!

    Warren got away with it because he was Blue when they were dating so people forgot he was White. And he was the prettiest of pretty boys so nobody minded. But Fred , even with his FitFat makeover ...

    https://jezebel.com/why-asian-women-...te-men-5901327
    https://www.ampedasia.com/article/wh...-yellow-fever/
    https://medium.com/call-me-a-theoris...e-33a162ae1646

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Fat White Guy (w/ porny-looking moustache) + East Asian-looking supermodel = perceived pandering to “Yellow Fever” fetish of stereotypical nerds . Nobody here seriously imagined this?!

    Warren got away with it because he was Blue when they were dating so people forgot he was White. And he was the prettiest of pretty boys so nobody minded. But Fred , even with his FitFat makeover ...

    https://jezebel.com/why-asian-women-...te-men-5901327
    https://www.ampedasia.com/article/wh...-yellow-fever/
    https://medium.com/call-me-a-theoris...e-33a162ae1646
    I think you're reaching. Just because there are guys like that, doesn't mean that every asian girl dating a white guy is a case of it. There's no indication that Blob or Warren are some sort of fetishizing incel nerds or something. And in regards to this series specifically, Psylocke is supposed to be the white version and she's being written as such. If you want to blame the artist for her still looking asian, sure, but that's all you can complain about really.

  10. #10
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Fat White Guy (w/ porny-looking moustache) + East Asian-looking supermodel = perceived pandering to “Yellow Fever” fetish of stereotypical nerds . Nobody here seriously imagined this?!

    Warren got away with it because he was Blue when they were dating so people forgot he was White. And he was the prettiest of pretty boys so nobody minded. But Fred , even with his FitFat makeover ...

    https://jezebel.com/why-asian-women-...te-men-5901327
    https://www.ampedasia.com/article/wh...-yellow-fever/
    https://medium.com/call-me-a-theoris...e-33a162ae1646
    sigh.

    White guys hooking up with Oriental women isn't automatically "yellow fever".
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Fat White Guy (w/ porny-looking moustache) + East Asian-looking supermodel = perceived pandering to “Yellow Fever” fetish of stereotypical nerds . Nobody here seriously imagined this?!

    Warren got away with it because he was Blue when they were dating so people forgot he was White. And he was the prettiest of pretty boys so nobody minded. But Fred , even with his FitFat makeover ...

    https://jezebel.com/why-asian-women-...te-men-5901327
    https://www.ampedasia.com/article/wh...-yellow-fever/
    https://medium.com/call-me-a-theoris...e-33a162ae1646
    We haven't even seen this "romance" on page yet and people are already trying to throw fetish terminology on it? Lordt it must be Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're reaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    sigh.

    White guys hooking up with Oriental women isn't automatically "yellow fever".
    Quick, someone get some cocoa butter for this stretch!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Fat White Guy (w/ porny-looking moustache) + East Asian-looking supermodel = perceived pandering to “Yellow Fever” fetish of stereotypical nerds . Nobody here seriously imagined this?!

    Warren got away with it because he was Blue when they were dating so people forgot he was White. And he was the prettiest of pretty boys so nobody minded. But Fred , even with his FitFat makeover ...

    https://jezebel.com/why-asian-women-...te-men-5901327
    https://www.ampedasia.com/article/wh...-yellow-fever/
    https://medium.com/call-me-a-theoris...e-33a162ae1646
    I have to sort of kind of agree. Of course, with Warren, whIle there was definitely a physical connection, the two of them had a very emotional relationship that was based on their shared upbringing and experiences as X-Men.

    With Blob, I imagine that their relationship will come along for similar reasons. In the little bit we see of him in this week's issue, Blob doesn't come across as a monster, he doesn't seem needlessly cruel. I imagine both he and Betsy feel conflicted on their jobs and share similar feelings and experiences.

    That doesn't mean that there's no fetish here. I mean, you almost never see a hot guy date an ugly or unconventional attractive woman.

  13. #13
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're reaching. Just because there are guys like that, doesn't mean that every asian girl dating a white guy is a case of it. There's no indication that Blob or Warren are some sort of fetishizing incel nerds or something. And in regards to this series specifically, Psylocke is supposed to be the white version and she's being written as such. If you want to blame the artist for her still looking asian, sure, but that's all you can complain about really.
    Let’s hope so , you know how it is nowadays with Twitter Outrage Culture ...

  14. #14
    The Queen of Maggots Izanami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Paradise of The Rotten Flesh
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Is this a reverse of her situation in the original Age of X: Legion Edition , a few years ago ? Legion made her physically English in his pocket reality , but she reverted to being Japanese in 616...

    28D9AC0A-02A8-4F3A-8C1D-59605E633FD6.jpg
    45F81BA9-B10F-423C-8B1C-EEA1D631F2EB.jpg

    And will this make the Psylocke X Blob pairing now ... “problematic” , considering the Optics ? Hmmm...
    I feel like a lot of artists are missing the memo on the change Elizabeth has went through. I know that Betsy tends to be inconsistent and they keep messing up her hair color in a lot of material. Who are the editors that are in charge of this? You think they will have a way to notify people on the updated look of a character. :/ I bet you if she appears in another comic she will look differently. It is expected.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That doesn't mean that there's no fetish here.
    It also doesn't mean there IS a fetish here. Right? We have no context to their relationship other than a cover. Literally that's it. I know we like to jump to conclusions on this board but we should allow the writers to help provide context to their relationship before assuming it's something like "yellow fever" (which is just a gross name to begin with). And I disagree that Warren and Betsy's relationship would fit this category regardless of his blue skin. They have immensely similar backgrounds and childhoods as wealthy and privileged WHITE CHILDREN, nevermind they both had their bodies twisted and experimented on. Regardless of the body she was in, it doesn't remove the fact that up until like two years Marvel time the she was a attractive white woman so for me it does no work.

    I mean, you almost never see a hot guy date an ugly or unconventional attractive woman.
    In books or in reality? Because in reality lots of attractive people date/marry people who may not be deemed as attractive. And in books there are very few unattractive heroes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •