Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    As expected this whole switching her back has convoluted her more and added to the confusion of her story.
    Yeah, esp. since the Asian look became engrained as the real one quite a few years back. (Put it this way, I seriously doubt we're going to get a white Psylocke in an adaptation anytime soon, given that she's always been depicted as someone of Asian descent by birth in those materials.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

She was consistently fighting people throughout the entirety of Disassembled though. She hasn’t gotten a solo extended fight scene but she was using martial arts prowess throughout that event.

Psylocke was Asian in the Ultimate Universe. She died and took over the body of a young girl in a coma, Kwannon. Acter Collosus killed her when she was possessed by Proteus. But yeah she looked Asain even before she died. Also Psylocke has not done anything ninja like or martial arts like since she became white again. We have yet to see if she has retained any of the skills she earned throughout the years.

As expected this whole switching her back has convoluted her more and added to the confusion of her story.
    It has they should’ve just left her as is, was there really that much outrage about it? They really tried to est her as European right away with the use of the long sword and shield, which is dumb, a Caucasian can’t use a katana and vice versa? They actually just made the situation worse...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    It has they should’ve just left her as is, was there really that much outrage about it? They really tried to est her as European right away with the use of the long sword and shield, which is dumb, a Caucasian can’t use a katana and vice versa? They actually just made the situation worse...
    And what really makes it all the more worse is that the first thing that they’ve shown that they’re going to do with Kwannon after this whole thing is make her a villain. Not only do they show that they’re blatantly trying to separate Betsy from anything Asian (and it’s really noticeable with how forced it is) but they’re also basically vilifying her Asian form giving some negative implications that Caucasian=good/Asian=bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And what really makes it all the more worse is that the first thing that they’ve shown that they’re going to do with Kwannon after this whole thing is make her a villain. Not only do they show that they’re blatantly trying to separate Betsy from anything Asian (and it’s really noticeable with how forced it is) but they’re also basically vilifying her Asian form giving some negative implications that Caucasian=good/Asian=bad.
    Kwannon has appeared in one scene and nothing to indicate she’s a villian. They might go that route but there was no take away from MiM. She’s s blank slate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kwannon has appeared in one scene and nothing to indicate she’s a villian. They might go that route but there was no take away from MiM. She’s s blank slate
    Kwannon is set to appear in Uncanny X-Men 15 & 16 which not only presents her attacking Logan but mentions one of their own being a part of the Mutant Liberation Front. Not exactly putting things in a positive light for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She was consistently fighting people throughout the entirety of Disassembled though. She hasn’t gotten a solo extended fight scene but she was using martial arts prowess throughout that event.
    I don't recall this and I read every issue. There was some psystabbing but mainly her whacking people with her sword and having Warren drop her on people. I wouldn't say any of that called for much martial arts nor prowess. Her recognition has been far more her show of power and her voice. Fighting, yeah I haven't seen it yet.

BANNED

Psylocke was Asian in the Ultimate Universe. She died and took over the body of a young girl in a coma, Kwannon. Acter Collosus killed her when she was possessed by Proteus. But yeah she looked Asain even before she died. Also Psylocke has not done anything ninja like or martial arts like since she became white again. We have yet to see if she has retained any of the skills she earned throughout the years.

She was not asian in the Ultimates until she went into Kwannons body. There are pictures to prove this. It's only confusing to some, not everybody.

BANNED

Anyway, they did the right thing putting her back in her own real form. It won't even take long for people to get used to the new/old look.

In those issues, he draws everybody with squinty eyes. Also, Squinty eyes doesn't make one Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    She was not asian in the Ultimates until she went into Kwannons body. There are pictures to prove this. It's only confusing to some, not everybody.
    Which is exactly what I said lmao. After she was killed but I do agree she looked Asian even in that meeting with her being possessed with Xavier. The only difference was her eyes became darker after.

Its convoluted as a daytime soap opera let's not pretend. Guess what though, I get it though and it's still convoluted. They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Anyway, they did the right thing putting her back in her own real form. It won't even take long for people to get used to the new/old look.

In those issues, he draws everybody with squinty eyes. Also, Squinty eyes doesn't make one Asian.

They did the right thing for you. Objective and an opinion. Not actually THE right thing. Also drawing someone with Asianesquee features would lead anyone reading a comic to believe they're asian. As an artist myself it is important to use art as much as the words to help the story. That includes drawing them differently. So this artist is lazy, misleading and didn't bother to take the time to evolve each character. Like it would be hard for anyone to look at any of those pages in the Ultimate universe and not immediately see Asian Betsy. I can see why people get confused. No one can keep one damn aspect of her consistant. Changing her back was an objectively terrible decision. Once you allow a small minority of those to bully you into changing or pulling or erasing something based on personal offenses. The whole damn thing crumbles and leaves a slippery slope for more PC crap to edit our comics.
    Last edited by Psy; 02-16-2019 at 06:51 PM.

They did the right thing for you. Objective and an opinion. Not actually THE right thing. Also drawing someone with Asianesquee features would lead anyone reading a comic to believe they're asian. As an artist myself it is important to use art as much as the words to help the story. That includes drawing them differently. So this artist is lazy, misleading and didn't bother to take the time to evolve each character. Like it would be hard for anyone to look at any of those pages in the Ultimate universe and not immediately see Asian Betsy. I can see why people get confused. No one can keep one damn aspect of her consistant. Changing her back was an objectively terrible decision. Once you allow a small minority of those to bully you into changing or pulling or erasing something based on personal offenses. The whole damn thing crumbles and leaves a slippery slope for more PC crap to edit our comics.
    Errr being vocal about a continuation of some racial insensitive/idiotic character is bullying? To whom?

Not sure how to take people who complain about anything PC.... being against PC means you support the opposite which is......??(

BANNED

Which is exactly what I said lmao. After she was killed but I do agree she looked Asian even in that meeting with her being possessed with Xavier. The only difference was her eyes became darker after.

Its convoluted as a daytime soap opera let's not pretend. Guess what though, I get it though and it's still convoluted. They're not mutually exclusive.
    The way it's phrased is like she was Asian at the start.

BANNED

I'm an artist also, I get what you mean on laziness. But I definetly don't understand how her being changed back to white was somehow someone being bullied. /confused.
    I never understand the anti-PC (PC for themselves crowd), think things should remain the same for them, but change for the good is somehow being PC. Which literally means doing things politically in terms of Government. Like Being for the non Change is Politically correct, not the change. PC Means agree with those in control.

Incredible Member

*crossingfingers* hard that when Age of X-Man is over she is back in her Asian body.