Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Let Kwannon become the new Vice lord of Madripoor, and bring Tiger Tyger, and Shinobi Shaw into her group. Maybe make them the Madripoor chapter of the Hellfire Club. We could bring back Reeva Payge too.
    I like this.

Idec about everyone saying Kwannon has too much baggage. Psylocke, Monet, the Summers family, the Cuckoos, Wolverine...all have too much baggage. X-Men writers revel in the unsavory history or...ignore it to streamline it into something usable. I don't think that's a dealbreaker at all.

If writers are actually fighting to use her then I am excited to see what people come up with.

Ultimate Member

They could just want to use her as a throwaway villain...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Because Jim Lee Psylocke is superior.

Just like Wonder Woman with the skirt.
    "Cable was right!"

Jim Lee Psylocke is superior.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Crimson Dawn.
    "Cable was right!"

As for Kwannon, it's true that she's always going to be connected to Betsy and will have baggage, but I agree with the poster earlier about many of the X-men having baggage as well. That excuse doesn't hold up.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-22-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well so far Marvel doesn't seem to have done anything to separate the two really, and it'll be years if ever that people see Kwannon and don't think that she's Betsy...

Has this become the new Psylocke thread?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Has this become the new Psylocke thread?
    Nah just Psylocke Wars II: This Time it’s Oriental.

if it was the early 90s....
    Betsy Braddock: 2Psy-Locke2Quit

There is no problem with Kwannon as far I understand it. The Psylocke connection is her strength not a weakness basically Kwannon is the Asian bad-ass telepathic thongkini ninja that you have grown to love over the years. If you are looking for something more nuance developed and flesh out well you are probably looking for the wrong thing at this time. Kwannon is currently a very niche character just like say Patch would be if they took him out of Wolverine and made him a individual character,She is just one really strong part of a character pulled away from a complete character. She will probably never be a A-list( and that is fine many characters aren't A -list) but characters like Black Widow and Electra are where the character of that style could elevate too if given focus.

The problem(as I see it) is Betsy actually ,we know what Kwannon should be basically the character we have seen running around all these years with less morals or different responses in different situations because Kwannon has a different background. The big problem is you have strip away what was Psylocke main identity for years and they really don't know what to do with her. They don't want to focus on the ninja stuff but it has been so ingrained they don't know how to draw as white British woman anymore and they don't know how they want to express her powers hence the sword and board or more telepath focus in the hunt wolverine when she came back. It is odd thing to say but original character is character that actual has to change and once there is a set clear path of what to Betsy is then Kwannon will be fine. The biggest problem is fans want Betsy to have "Kwannon traits" and ninja psylocke is all they have ever known so it feels like they have stripped away the character of Pyslocke with those traits gone. Kwannon success depends on them clearly defining Betsy differently in a way that gives Kwannon a chance to exist. Anyways since it gives me a chance to post this Joaa Pinto art which feels to me like direction they should be taking her

Psylocke.jpg

Ultimate Member

To a point though some put everything that they hated about Psylocke onto Kwannon, some try to make her something that she isn't, mostly she's a blank slate that so far Marvel hasn't done much to make her into anything and Betsy not much more really...even after going back to a new original body...so far the new bodyswap seems to have been done more for pc reasons than a real storyline involved in it...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    To a point though some put everything that they hated about Psylocke onto Kwannon, some try to make her something that she isn't, mostly she's a blank slate that so far Marvel hasn't done much to make her into anything and Betsy not much more really...even after going back to a new original body...so far the new bodyswap seems to have been done more for pc reasons than a real storyline involved in it...
    Let’s be perfectly honest with ourselves, that’s basically the only reason they did it. There was no real grand story beyond it.

Ultimate Member

Especially since it was done in a throwaway mini that got little to no press outside of that, so they slipped it in under the radar and then let it drop really...

BANNED

Just so people know. Using the term PC to explain things you can't explain is a bogus argument. Especially when the terms PC and SJW are used together. Those people tend to not have very well thought out arguments. Because you can explain away your disagreement as this was done because PC reasons.

At least try to explain your point.