Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    I think Bendis did something to her.
    We can't blame Bendis for everything especially since his Kitty was the last time she sounded like she was supposed to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We can't blame Bendis for everything especially since his Kitty was the last time she sounded like she was supposed to.
    I thought they meant something like "Bendis kidnapped the real Kitty and left us with this replacement" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thought they meant something like "Bendis kidnapped the real Kitty and left us with this replacement" lol.
    ... Well. We won't know that til we hear Bendis' Spoiler talk haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That poster hates Bendis so probably not.

I never understood the seemingly rabid appeal of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I never understood the seemingly rabid appeal of the character.
    I'm confused too. Maybe it's because they grew up with the character? Because she was sort of unique as a teen hero at one point?

Kitty Pryde was one of my favorite characters for years. Oddly enough she wasn't on the main X-team when I started reading the book, around Fall Of the Mutants. But I collected back issues and she quickly became one of my favorites, and up to 2000/Revolution era she was steadfastly in my top 5 X-characters. Ever since then the character has been on a decline to being as bland as possible, a fate worse than being a bad character sometimes. Whedon handled her okay but she still seemed somewhat generic, even if he wanted her to be his focal character (IMO that's what he was trying to do) But outside of that it's been nearly 20 years since she's been written well. What Guggs did to her was noteworthy in that he was trying to raise her up from that, due to his fictional character hard on, but he did it so badly it further damaged the character. She's now become as blandly generic as any comic character could possibly be, which is sad considering her 80's and 90's runs were so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm confused too. Maybe it's because they grew up with the character? Because she was sort of unique as a teen hero at one point?
    She was the audience surrogate of the group and a pretty well written teenage characther at the time, so it was easy for the audience to like and symphatize with her. The way that she develop from teen sidekick to a badass warrior in her own rigth probably helped.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The real Kitty Pryde is still riding around space in the magic bullet. It's similar to how Magik was Magik 2.0 until she got most of her soul back. Kitty's soul is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Kitty Pryde was one of my favorite characters for years. Oddly enough she wasn't on the main X-team when I started reading the book, around Fall Of the Mutants. But I collected back issues and she quickly became one of my favorites, and up to 2000/Revolution era she was steadfastly in my top 5 X-characters. Ever since then the character has been on a decline to being as bland as possible, a fate worse than being a bad character sometimes. Whedon handled her okay but she still seemed somewhat generic, even if he wanted her to be his focal character (IMO that's what he was trying to do) But outside of that it's been nearly 20 years since she's been written well. What Guggs did to her was noteworthy in that he was trying to raise her up from that, due to his fictional character hard on, but he did it so badly it further damaged the character. She's now become as blandly generic as any comic character could possibly be, which is sad considering her 80's and 90's runs were so great.
    God, I couldn't agree more. It's such a shame, and part of the reason why I've kind of given up on mainstream comics. I guess it's a side effect of long lasting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    She was the audience surrogate of the group and a pretty well written teenage characther at the time, so it was easy for the audience to like and symphatize with her. The way that she develop from teen sidekick to a badass warrior in her own rigth probably helped.
    Not to mention she was the surrogate character during the X-Men's best and definitive period. They also did a really good job in making her the pov by making her nerdy. I mean that was pretty much the target audience for comics. Video game, pop culture lovers. Like I said in my first post, she also owned up to this. She was a confident nerd. That's what made me look up to her so much. As a nerd growing up, I saw Kitty as an ideal way to be confident in a world that shuns people like me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The real Kitty Pryde is still riding around space in the magic bullet. It's similar to how Magik was Magik 2.0 until she got most of her soul back. Kitty's soul is gone.
    There's a continuity error from early 2017 where Kitty had rejoined the X-Men (with ponytail still) pre-IvX which directly contradicts Prime and Gold. So the one Storm looked up in Chicago is in fact the sleeper agent from Sinister's files.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There's a continuity error from early 2017 where Kitty had rejoined the X-Men (with ponytail still) pre-IvX which directly contradicts Prime and Gold. So the one Storm looked up in Chicago is in fact the sleeper agent from Sinister's files.
    And then Storm went to work with Black Panther while she sent her Stormbot to Gold. NO ONE IS REAL

BANNED

And then Storm went to work with Black Panther while she sent her Stormbot to Gold. NO ONE IS REAL
    Is Rachel still going to college in London?

Kurt's still dead isn't he? The entire team was just Rachel and Old Man Logan the entire time....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Kurt's still dead isn't he? The entire team was just Rachel and Old Man Logan the entire time....
    There was no Gold Team until Iceman's secondary team took over. It was really just Mesmero telepathically masturbating the entire team.