Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Lost? She’s always been in insufferable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm confused too. Maybe it's because they grew up with the character? Because she was sort of unique as a teen hero at one point?
    POV characters always seem to hold a special place for fans, and which ones you latch onto tends (more often than not) to be a function of when you got into comics. For those who started in the 80’s Kitty (and, to a lesser extent Rogue) was it. For those like me who got on board in the late 80’s/early 90’s it was Jubes, whereas the post-2000 folks had any number of NXM/YXM to gravitate toward. As times changed, so did the nature of the POV characters. It’s really just a timing thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kitty is one of my favorite characters and has been since I started reading in the 80's. Like the OP said, I was a nerd too and even looked like her, average size and build, curly brown hair and glasses and the love of all things nerdy. Even the humor I could relate to. Didn't like what I've read of Gold and am mixed on Bendis. There were times I thought she sounded like herself and other times she did stuff that seem OOC. I really want her pony tail gone though and want her curls/waves back. And give her her Shadowcat name back and a new costume. That said, I hold out hope that Kitty can be repaired and become an interesting character again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The last few years Kitty has been written blatantly out of character.
    Who hasn't been, really?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I remember reading one of the newer Guardian comics and she said something along the lines of "I'm the type of girl to sip tea, watching Audrey Hepburn movies..." and I'm like what? That's not who she is at all.
    Wait, what? Are they trying to make her more trendy or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Wait, what? Are they trying to make her more trendy or something?

For me, she lost her appeal from Astonishing onward. I agree with what someone else was saying, she's just been very bland. Frankly, that goes for a lot of them, though. /shrug

^That whole sentence is cracking me up. 'Drinking tea gosh darn it' lmao. Was that Bendis? I actually thought he was solid at writing Kitty but that's a yikes. Kitty's problem is she's a whole bunch of writer's waifu so the moment they start writing her, they pair her up with their self insert and that becomes her entire storyline. Her strictness tho is pure Guggs tho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    ^That whole sentence is cracking me up. 'Drinking tea gosh darn it' lmao. Was that Bendis? I actually thought he was solid at writing Kitty but that's a yikes. Kitty's problem is she's a whole bunch of writer's waifu so the moment they start writing her, they pair her up with their self insert and that becomes her entire storyline. Her strictness tho is pure Guggs tho
    Sam Humphries wrote that.

Hepburn movies are character development. Like Spencer giving Spider-Man his HBO Go account.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I wanted to like Kitty, but I never could. No offense to Kitty fans, but I thought that Claremont and Byrne should have gone in an entirely different direction if they wanted to introduce the next generation of mutants. Siryn is the character that I wish they had created and used in lieu of Kitty back then. Banshee was one of my favorite X-Men and he had lost his powers at the time. Siryn would have been just what the doctor ordered.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Yes, she definitely has and I blame recent writers for that. Kitty has morphed into an entitled millennial. I mean, sure, she's had some facets of that archetype from before, but she still had depth to her character, including some other positive qualities.

However, these X-Boards are full of negative nancy's and I can never tell if some of these posters actually like the X-Men or not.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I kind of like that Kitty is consistently an ******* to the NXM, but also someone who really respects them. X-Editor JDW-sama please hear my cries.

BANNED

Maybe it's the leader curse? Cyclops can survive it because he's tailor made for it

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Good lord! That's a travesty. Since when does she hate space? What nerd doesn't love it? She loved the Shiar stuff and would play with it constantly. So much so Kurt would always lose his **** laughing. Unless it's in reference to the bullet.

Well that's ok thar, little lady.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Good lord! That's a travesty. Since when does she hate space? What nerd doesn't love it? She loved the Shiar stuff and would play with it constantly. So much so Kurt would always lose his **** laughing. Unless it's in reference to the bullet.

Well that's ok thar, little lady.
    It's in reference to the bullet.

BANNED

has the entire franchise?