Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    has the entire franchise?
    I don't think it's that dire. We just need some actual directions or goals, really.

Anyway, I like Kitty but haven't pretty much since she took over as leader. To me, even with the last few decades of Peter drama (Quill and Rasputin) she still had some appeal. I never viewed her as a full geek, I like her hilarious and someone racist attitude at times. But for real, I just think they just don't really know what to do with her now. I think the problem with Kitty is she was probably character that should never had gone back to the X-Men. She should either go interact with the greater MU or have a satellite team that is not really connected to all the x-stuff. She honestly has seemed genuinely unhappy since astonishing and it hasn't got any better for her.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's in reference to the bullet.
    Oh, whew! I thought they were trying to say she rather sip tea and watch romance movies in her warm bed then go into space because - girls!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    She honestly has seemed genuinely unhappy since astonishing and it hasn't got any better for her.
    That's another big problem for me. If they want to completely strip her of her youth, fair enough I guess, but at least let her have more fun. That's why I didn't particularly mind her in Aaron's run.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    That's another big problem for me. If they want to completely strip her of her youth, fair enough I guess, but at least let her have more fun. That's why I didn't particularly mind her in Aaron's run.
    They could go for a more dark route as to why she's more tone deaf now, like that the way she used look up to Wolvie as father figure and leader has lead to her being more violent and miserable about anything after his death, sort of like the AoA Kitty.
    But i think this is just lazy writing because its easy to write a leader that's generic as she's being written now.
    Captain Marvel has the same problem, which is why her book can never take off after its streak of annual reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    They could go for a more dark route as to why she's more tone deaf now, like that the way she used look up to Wolvie as father figure and leader has lead to her being more violent and miserable about anything after his death, sort of like the AoA Kitty.
    But i think this is just lazy writing because its easy to write a leader that's generic as she's being written now.
    Captain Marvel has the same problem, which is why her book can never take off after its streak of annual reboots.
    Not to mention writers have been pretty flip floppitty with her relationship to Wolverine. At times it doesn't even really seem like they have a connection.

BANNED

Not to mention writers have been pretty flip floppitty with her relationship to Wolverine. At times it doesn't even really seem like they have a connection.
    I disagree. Logan and Colossu are the characters she’s been attached to the hip to over the last decade.

is katherine pryde canonically thicc
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Only time they suddenly do have one is when she's fighting h2h with someone, they love mentioning that he mentored her, but don't really talk about the life lessons he gave her in their mini and first class, where she really grew as a person, it was just as an important moment for her than it was for Logan.

But yeah, writers/editorial don't read backlog so they basically just make a character from scratch every time they write them, reason why everyone is so inconsistent these days.
    Well that's my theory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    is katherine pryde canonically thicc

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    That last panel really deserves a wha wha whaaaaaa sound effect.

She's salvageable. Overall she was just bland and serious in Gold.

Gold was a slight improvement after coming from years of writers who had teenage crush with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Gold was a slight improvement after coming from years of writers who had teenage crush with her.
    Gold was the worse. Guggs had a giant crush on Kitty

Yeah, at least Bendis had her ineptly trying to hide her thirst for Scott while telling him off, which was funny as $h!t