Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is It Possible To See A Injustice Animated Movie?

I was wondering, taking into consideration that the leguethy story of both the game and the comic prequels, if it would be possible to see an animated adaptation of the story.

Sure hope not. Anything is possible though but it’s unlikely. The budget required for it would be extremely high, and it’s doubtful WB would approve of it for movies that make $4-6 million at most in profit.

Maybe they could do an Animated Feature film out of it, but what do you do? I mean, as a video game the storyline was kind of already "animated" through the cutscenes and do you just adapt the story of the first game or do the comic (where there is several years of content to get through)?

BANNED

He-Man or no buys.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I could maybe see it. Likely some sort of highly condensed look at year one or something.

It would likely have to accompany a new game, but I'm not 100% sure Netherrealm Studios will be making another given the extremely poor longevity of the last Injustice game, and their obligations to make MK 11 more of a platform for continued content.

On WB's part it may be a little unlikely given Superman Red Son is being animated and tackling the basic idea of "Overlord Superman." Even then the trick with that Superman is that he's still generally liked and not just kind of a guy having the universe's largest and longest meltdown.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I could maybe see it. Likely some sort of highly condensed look at year one or something.

It would likely have to accompany a new game, but I'm not 100% sure Netherrealm Studios will be making another given the extremely poor longevity of the last Injustice game, and their obligations to make MK 11 more of a platform for continued content.

On WB's part it may be a little unlikely given Superman Red Son is being animated and tackling the basic idea of "Overlord Superman." Even then the trick with that Superman is that he's still generally liked and not just kind of a guy having the universe's largest and longest meltdown.
    If they ever did an animated adaption of the prequel content I think they would probably condense Year One and Year Two into one movie to serve as a prequel to the game (and that's the bulk of Tom Taylor's stuff, so it makes sense to focus on it).

I think we'll probably get Injustice 3 not long after the dust settles on MK11.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we'll probably get Injustice 3 not long after the dust settles on MK11.
    Sure, I like to think so in the long run, in fact I'd bet on it, but that last game got eaten alive long term. Not nearly as bad as MvCI, mind you (nothing got it that bad lol), but its longevity was 0. And sure, NRS could totally just go in as hired guns to pump one out because it did sell super well at the start, but MK11 seems to be where long term focus is it. Every fighting game's trying to go full E-sports now, and that requires that they put in like 3 or 4 years content promise as down payment to be as respected as Overwatch and League of Legends.

I'd honestly rather another studio get it. Marvel just pulled away from Capcom, and they seem to be in need of a second fighting game. DC X Capcom anyone? Or maybe WB they takes it to Arcsystemworks and makes all the money forever and ever Dragon Ball Fighterz style lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Probably could be done, although it'd be a bit smushed for time. And personally I and many others would love to see the world animated outside the games. But the vast, vast majority of posters here on the Superman subforum would hate it because evil Superman. Hell, a lot of people here hate the news will be getting a Red Son adaptation, and that version is well done and arguably not evil (you know, for a damn Commie). So yeah, don't expect any enthusiasm for the idea here. But I'm okay with it and would love such a thing, since evil Elseworld Superman doesn't cloud my love and knowledge of heroic mainstream Superman,

What do the Injustice and Garfield comics have in common? Whoever came up with Injustice should be drug out into the street and shot.*

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Probably could be done, although it'd be a bit smushed for time. And personally I and many others would love to see the world animated outside the games. But the vast, vast majority of posters here on the Superman subforum would hate it because evil Superman. Hell, a lot of people here hate the news will be getting a Red Son adaptation, and that version is well done and arguably not evil (you know, for a damn Commie). So yeah, don't expect any enthusiasm for the idea here. But I'm okay with it and would love such a thing, since evil Elseworld Superman doesn't cloud my love and knowledge of heroic mainstream Superman,
    I tend to think of Red Son as one of several bases for Injustice, except Red Son Superman is actually a good character, whereas Injustice is a lousy one.

*Since it's probably not clear enough that I'm not being literal,

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure, I like to think so in the long run, in fact I'd bet on it, but that last game got eaten alive long term. Not nearly as bad as MvCI, mind you (nothing got it that bad lol), but its longevity was 0. And sure, NRS could totally just go in as hired guns to pump one out because it did sell super well at the start, but MK11 seems to be where long term focus is it. Every fighting game's trying to go full E-sports now, and that requires that they put in like 3 or 4 years content promise as down payment to be as respected as Overwatch and League of Legends.

I'd honestly rather another studio get it. Marvel just pulled away from Capcom, and they seem to be in need of a second fighting game. DC X Capcom anyone? Or maybe WB they takes it to Arcsystemworks and makes all the money forever and ever Dragon Ball Fighterz style lol
    I wouldn't mind Arcsytemworks doing a DC fighter but it would be such a dramatic shift from Injustice .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't mind Arcsytemworks doing a DC fighter but it would be such a dramatic shift from Injustice .
    For me at least, just what the doctor ordered

I too hate Injustice and everything it stands for.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I too hate Injustice and everything it stands for.
    So much hate for an awesome elseworlds story (imo)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think it could be done in one movie. You could probably make a movie for each year. But that would require a guaranteed audience for all four of them. Not sure how much there is one. The whole Injustice franchise seems to be a niche market in general. The Tom Taylor books are also very complex. With lots of side stories. How many of those would have to be thrown out for time?
    Assassinate Putin!

In all honesty, I mostly just take umbrage with the games being dry in term of gameplay and presentation. I pretty much checked out of the story, and was cool with some people digging it if it suited them. But when it's the most dominate video game representation of Superman.....ever (really like that sink in for a second), AND it's a dry ass game? Then I have an issue. Either give me another Superman game, change the story, or change the developers (thus technically changing everything but the type of game).