Default Did they ever explain how Plastic Man ended up as an Egg?

I don't recall us getting the explanation how he ended up that way.

The Terrifics said that Batman and Mr. Terrific brought him into examine some of the Dark Multiverse stuff seeping into the world and it had an adverse effect on his physiology that trapped him in that egg form.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I don't recall us getting the explanation how he ended up that way.
    Wait...as he turned into an egg??

I'm pretty sure they explained in Metal that Plas was protecting himself because he had some connection to Barbatos and the noise of his impending arrival was becoming too much for him... so he retreated into an egg form ... or something.... Yeah, that whole series barely made sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Terrifics said that Batman and Mr. Terrific brought him into examine some of the Dark Multiverse stuff seeping into the world and it had an adverse effect on his physiology that trapped him in that egg form.
    It had something to do with the chemicals that made him Plas, IIRC. The egg form was a self defense mode.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm pretty sure they explained in Metal that Plas was protecting himself because he had some connection to Barbatos and the noise of his impending arrival was becoming too much for him... so he retreated into an egg form ... or something.... Yeah, that whole series barely made sense...
    I'm sure there was some kind of long-winded science talk in a Scott Snyder comic on it .