Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I would go back to Cassie's pre-new 52 origin of being a demigoddess daughter of Zeus, I kinda prefer her being a demi-goddess rather than a quarter-goddess. Zeus has lots of demigod childrens anyway.

For a direction, I would have Cassie go to a private school where there are students who are also half-bloods (humans with a supernatural/mythical parentage - whether its divine, demonic, angelic, vampire, etc.) and teachers who are either hybrids or full supernaturals

I think she should have a Anti-Villian/Villian who is a demigod daughter of Nemesis, she wanted to kill Cassie because there is a prophecy that a child of Zeus will kill the old gods with the Godkiller sword, and be replaced with a new generations of gods. Only to find out that the prophecy was fake, and that Zeus wants to get rid of the Godkiller sword because he sees it as a threat, and only he should be the ruler of Olympus.
    I've wanted something like this for a very long time. It's a really cool idea and can be explored more with Cassie. I also like Agent 86s idea personality wise.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 02-14-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

As for my ideas for the directions of the character:

Make her Diana's sidekick. There are a plethora of Young Justice era legacy characters ( think Tim Drake, Connor Kent, etcetera) who have never even fought alongside the heroes who they base their identities off of. This leads to their only franchise they could really call a home being Young Justice and Geoff Johns + era Teen Titans. When those two franchises fell out of favor all of those characters got sidelined. Thus my solution to Cassie Sandmark's relative lack of modern day exposure is to make her less dependent on the Young Justice brand.

I think a Wonder Woman run that was based around a Cassie - Diana dynamic written by someone such as Peter Tomasi for instance would be a critical and financial darling for DC.

I had an idea for a mini series starring Cassie and some of DC's mystical teen heroes such as Kid Devil, Anita Fite, Timothy Hunter, Traci 13, Khalid Nassour, Equinox and Rita Covas. Basically, a junior version of DC's various mystic teams like Shadowpact or Sentinels of Magic.

Title: Wonder Girl
    Writer: Gail Simone
    Artist: Babs Tarr

Meet the newest undergraduate at Holliday University, Cassie Sandsmark! As Wonder Girl, she usually stands out in a crowd, but at the West Coast's oldest, most prestigious, and largest university in the city of [REDACTED], where and how will she fit in when she's just plain Cassie? Join Cassie as she sees if her Amazon abilities will help her ace academics, like Chemistry 201 with Professor Emberson. Meet the "Holliday Girls." Also, is something sinister happening in the Greek system with seemingly random rushees? And, meet the roommate from Hell!
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-18-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I would go back to Cassie's pre-new 52 origin of being a demigoddess daughter of Zeus, I kinda prefer her being a demi-goddess rather than a quarter-goddess. Zeus has lots of demigod childrens anyway.

For a direction, I would have Cassie go to a private school where there are students who are also half-bloods (humans with a supernatural/mythical parentage - whether its divine, demonic, angelic, vampire, etc.) and teachers who are either hybrids or full supernaturals.
    I had the same idea for a starting point, but I'd set it after her tenure as leader of the Titans. This would have her as leader of a super-team and thus someone who is out-going and confident.

But part of the conflict here comes from how her team seems to have ulterior motives and is doing things which don't make a lot of sense to WW or the Justice League. But the first thing that makes WW nervous is that Cassie's attitude toward her divine heritage. She's started treating it as the most important aspect of her person. WW doesn't understand why until she realizes that while Cassie doesn't seem stronger at first... Cassie has 3 abilities WW had never seen her use before. 1: She can hurl lightning at whoever and whatever she wants. 2: Cassie has this divine intuition/precognition ability now. This is a bit ominous in that she uses it to recruit people to her team that are villains. (which in turn asks the question of why these villains would be willing to follow a teen superhero) 3: Cassie demonstrates the ability to use divine empowerment. IE she can share a little of her power with others now. Some members of her team don't have inherent powers, but now have super strength at least. Eventually Billy Batson figures out that Cassie's only actually using half her power for herself.

Which is one of those moments where Diana suddenly realizes Cassie's acting more like a full goddess than a demi-goddess.

Yeah I'm not sure how this concept could fit into the regular continuity, since it has several aspects (such as Cassie having a villain team) that'd be hard to reset to the usual status quo.