Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Hmm, that could work. Maybe the Red Room wanted to see if Spider-Man's abilities could be replicated in their Black Widow agents, or even to restart the Wolf Spider initiative.
    Good connection. This reminded me of the first time we see the "new Swingin'70's" Natasha, in her now-classic black jumpsuit. She was testing herself against Spider-Man to see how her abilities stacked up to his. Maybe that was a pre-programming of the Red Room, because it seemed out of place, even way back then?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Good connection. This reminded me of the first time we see the "new Swingin'70's" Natasha, in her now-classic black jumpsuit. She was testing herself against Spider-Man to see how her abilities stacked up to his. Maybe that was a pre-programming of the Red Room, because it seemed out of place, even way back then?
    She deliberately created her wrist-mounted devices in emulation of his web-shooters, if I recall. Speaking of Black Widow and Spider-Man interacting, I'm still stuck on that Marvel Team-Up story arc where she temporarily lost herself in her undercover persona of Nancy Rushman and Nancy fell in love with Spider-Man. Of course, Black Widow quickly rebuffed him once she was back to herself, though admitted to herself that she did want to be with him on some level. While that's fizzled out since, I could see Spidey in the same category as Hawkeye/Clint Barton, someone that she might deeply care for, but ultimately thinks "deserves better" than to be entangled in everything her life entails.
    The spider is always on the hunt.